Idiotic Forum rules...

RazerFX
5 minutes ago, RazerFX said:

How is that advertising? There are many people looking for advice on used computer hardware and we should be able to share ebay links to those people. Please, present this to the other staff of LMG and see if they are willing to at least make a system for approving ebay links.

eBay links as well as links to 2nd hand deals like Gumtree and Craigslist will not be allowed on this site.

10 minutes ago, Windspeed36 said:

That still won't solve the other issue of spam and advertising - we do not permit advertising of any kind on the forums without prior written consent from an administrator or LMG employee. The exception being for YouTube/Twitch links on profile as mentioned in the Community Standards. 

What will happen if I post one regardless

1 minute ago, RazerFX said:

How is that advertising? There are many people looking for advice on used computer hardware and we should be able to share ebay links to those people. Please, present this to the other staff of LMG and see if they are willing to at least make a system for approving ebay links.

The problem is still that there are many scammers that use websites such as eBay, Cragslist, and the like.

"But I've had nothing but positive experiences!" doesn't work. Since there is still chances of it happening.

LMG want nothing to do with anything that might be harmful to themselves, their forum and its users.

I don't think you understand the concept of breaking the forum rules?

At first the user will probably have the link removed, and get a warning not to post such links.

If it continued then it's likely that the person posting will get temp banned, or banned flat-out.

Rules are rules.

15 minutes ago, Windspeed36 said:

That still won't solve the other issue of spam and advertising - we do not permit advertising of any kind on the forums without prior written consent from an administrator or LMG employee. The exception being for YouTube/Twitch links on profile as mentioned in the Community Standards. 

omg windspeed pls cater 2 me or ill tell linus on u!!!11!

44 minutes ago, RazerFX said:

link or post will be removed. if blatant and repeatedly done, the account is reprimanded.

enough reprimands the accounts can be suspended or terminated.

8 hours ago, RazerFX said:

I think we can all make informed decisions on how we spend our money.

You could not be more wrong.

Mystery is the source of all true science.

I agree with all those rules being in place, except maybe for the personal website one (doesn't really matter to me that much, since I crosspost tutorials and buildlogs anyway, plus I don't run ads on my sites so yeah. nothing lost, nothing gained)

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

One reason for this is, if someone gets scammed due to making a purchase using an ebay link posted here, they will write about it and some members would complain the staff didn't do anything to prevent it happening.

Other more delicate users falling victim would no doubt expect the staff to help them, which is ludicrous. 

To think back, I might have posted to eBay item once. But thats because its the only place which has laptop LCD to desktop LCD converter kits (in short = $35+shipping and looks worse than used LCD = not worth it).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On July 28, 2016 at 0:48 PM, RazerFX said:

I'm not even saying for self advertising, I'm saying for things like build logs and approval for parts, and for the person who said they where easy to scam when they where 13 years old is pretty damn stupid. I recentlly turned 15, I bought my two i7 3960Xs when I was 13. I did a load of legit checks; I back traced the image from the ebay listing to see if it was found on google images, I skyped the seller to make sure it was legit, and I had him take a video of himself installing the hardware and running it in his rig. There are very simple legit checks you can do, if the seller is not willing to provide an "irl" picture of the product and is not willing to get into a skype call with you, there's a good chance its a scam. Its simple.

No they're not stupid for being honest about being vulnerable to scams just like anyone can be.  Age goes with experience in helping to make people resistant to getting scammed.

What's "pretty damn stupid" is you for insulting someone else like that.  At 15 you clearly need to learn some better manners and how not to be so rude or your life will be very difficult I assure you.  

I think the real thing that needs to be recognized here is this: this is LMG's forum. Which means that we are all given the privilege (not really the word I want to use, but it's apt) of using it, and that we need to follow LMG rules if we want to continue having said privilege. Some rules are up for debate, and MAYBE an Admin or Mod will consider a change that's actually worthwhile. But if they say no, you either slow your roll, or you exit their forum.

CodeMaster (Name Due for Update):

CPU: FX-8320 @ 4.6GHz | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 | RAM: 24GBs Crucial DDR3-1600

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce OC | Case: Fractal Design Define S | PSU: Corsair AX860i

On 7/28/2016 at 8:34 PM, RazerFX said:

I don't think someone would sue Linus or Luke or whoever the other admins on this forums because of their poor decision making skills. And why would LMG even care about self advertising, they advertise crap low quality products on their channel that they would probably NEVER use because they get payed to say good things about them. Not even talking about reviews as those are mostly truth, but I'm talking about the ads that often come after the introduction.

Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to either leave this forum or stop spewing complete ignorance. Honestly, if you actually distrust Linus and LMG, I'm genuinely confused as to why you're still on this forum. You're entitled to your own opinion and I have no right to take that away from you, but what you're saying sounds like some next-level conspiracy theory crap. If you've watched LMG's honest answers series, you'll know that they're an extremely genuine, legitimate and honest company. They obviously don't need my help or defense or anything like that, but I truly believe you need to tone it the fuck down and stop bad-mouthing a company that's never done anything wrong and is actually a far more honest company than a lot of other YouTuber companies out there.

I will most likely not respond to you in a thread unless you quote me.

$500 PC | $800 PC | $1000 PC | $1200 PC | $1500 PC | $2000 PC | $2500 PC | $3000 PC | $4000 PC

Spoiler

Damnit Carl (My portable POS):

CPU: Core i7-6700HQ

Motherboard: Toshiba L55-C5392 Mobo

RAM: 8GB DDR3 (even though I have Skylake)

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 530

Case: Toshiba L55-C5392 Case

Storage: 525 GB Crucial MX300 SSD

PSU: Whatever power jack comes with it

Display: Some 1366 x 768 garbage + an OK 1080p monitor

Cooling: Not enough + an external laptop tray

Keyboard: The included one

Mouse: $4 Lenovo 3D Optical Mouse (not as bad as you (rightly) assumed)

Sound: The Skullcandy branding right under the power button should clue you in

Operating System: Windows 10 Home

PCPartPicker URL: pcpartpicker.com/i-wish-i-had-enough-money-for-a-desktop-my-laptop-is-so-sh*t-its-not-even-on-portablepicker