The easy option for a computer desk.

ttam

This should definitely be pinned.

AGREED!!! @WoodenMarker

Guides and tutorials aren't pinned.

Added to the catalog: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/137673-guides-tutorials-catalog/

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

@ttam Quick question about the 2 desks.

How did you connect the 2 corners together?

Is it possible if you can add a picture of the corner connection ?

Thanks in advance!

Yup should work

@ttam Quick question about the 2 desks.

How did you connect the 2 corners together?

Is it possible if you can add a picture of the corner connection ?

Thanks in advance!

The desks just sit next to each other. Nothing special to keep them connected, just a level floor lol

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Everyone without a real desk needs to invest in this.

SO tired of seeing triple monitors setups and high-end builds on top of fold out tables and crates and all sorts of ridiculousness

• 2 weeks later...

GfaPpST.jpg?1

JV9JRag.jpg?1

Can I just have this room? it looks so much better than my crappy room...

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

• 2 weeks later...

This is so sweet im ordering this right now. What speakers are those (With the yellow), thanks alot!

Getting the high-gloss whites... Going to post pictures soon. 

IKEA seems cheaper than the U.S which is strange.

Thanks bro.

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

I'm also a fan of Ikea desks, but mine are the 'Gallant' series.

lan1_zps6c12d985.jpg

[Case] Phanteks Eclipse P400S TG (Air Mesh) || [CPU] Ryzen 7 5800X || [Cooler] Dark Rock Slim || [Mobo] ROG STRIX B550-F || [RAM] 32GB Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

[GPU] XFX MERC319 Radeon RX 6950XT || [SSD] 1TB WD SN550 M.2 NVME || [HDD] 6TB Seagate IronWolf 7200 || [PSU] Corsair AX850

[Display] LG 27GL850 @ 2560x1440 - 144Hz || [Mouse] ROG Gladius II || [Keyboard] ROG Strix Flare (Cherry MX Red) || [Speakers] 2.1 Logitech Z-3 || [Fans] 3x 120mm Corsair LL RGB

Theater Room - My 11.1 Home Theater

I'm also a fan of Ikea desks, but mine are the 'Gallant' series.

lan1_zps6c12d985.jpg

HOLY SHIT! That's one awesome room!

HOLY SHIT! That's one awesome room!

Thanks man, it's my LAN room.

[Case] Phanteks Eclipse P400S TG (Air Mesh) || [CPU] Ryzen 7 5800X || [Cooler] Dark Rock Slim || [Mobo] ROG STRIX B550-F || [RAM] 32GB Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

[GPU] XFX MERC319 Radeon RX 6950XT || [SSD] 1TB WD SN550 M.2 NVME || [HDD] 6TB Seagate IronWolf 7200 || [PSU] Corsair AX850

[Display] LG 27GL850 @ 2560x1440 - 144Hz || [Mouse] ROG Gladius II || [Keyboard] ROG Strix Flare (Cherry MX Red) || [Speakers] 2.1 Logitech Z-3 || [Fans] 3x 120mm Corsair LL RGB

Theater Room - My 11.1 Home Theater

That's one nice room, I might end up using it as a guide for when I am older and am able to move to where I want to be and settle down.

When I read the title I was thinking giant cardboard box, on it's side with the flaps cut off (for a place to put your legs) and some sort of brace inside.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Are the normal Linmon/adils leg combo's at all sturdy? I'd rather not put all my stuff on one if it shakes about :P

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Going to ikea in a couple of days to get a table like this. looks sturdy

:/

Ikea products cover my house from desks, book shelves, tv stands, my bed frame and tons of random stuff. Check them out, they have tons of everything for a house and office.

How wide is your desk 200x60 cm or x75 cm. I dont know if the 60 cm is wide enough but if yours is 60 then its fine!

• 2 weeks later...

Would this hold up to a solid two monitor mount like the ergotron lx? Are those tops the same condensed cardboard as Most other IKEA stuff?

Would this hold up to a solid two monitor mount like the ergotron lx? Are those tops the same condensed cardboard as Most other IKEA stuff?

a solid press-board with 3.4cm thicknes should be more than enough to carry your screens. If you fell it wont hold, just reinforce it with some wooden plates that are somewhat bigger than the connect itself.

Might not be perfect but still way cheaper than a solid wooden topping

Java Programmer, AMD Fanboy and soon to be casemodder

These things are pretty heavy to start and I've got 3 single arm mounts for my screens on it currently, no problem and they are hefty 28" 4k screens

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide