The easy option for a computer desk.

ttam

I've used these desks for years and they are fantastic =D So much room

CPU: Intel i5-2400Motherboard: Asus P8Z68-V LXMemory: 16GB 1333MHz Crucial BallistixGPU: GIGABYTE WINDFORCE GeForce GTX 760 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 (1085 MHz/1150 MHz) | Storage: SAMSUNG 830 Series 2.5-Inch 128GB SSD + Western Digital 3.5-Inch 2TB HDDPSU: Diablotek PHD650 650W
Neumont University | Bachelors of Science in Computer Science | In Progress

if you're buying this from IKEA, don't have it shipped to you, go get it at the store if you can.

My top came in all beat up from the edges.

The Syndicate

Is there any other store that sells nice desk like this? Ikea is 281 miles away from me. 

-snip-

This ^. Nothing compares to building your own table and when you build it with support cross bars like that to support the table it'll be sturdy enough to sit on.

What a Cool Room.... :D

My RIG CPU:Intel Core i5 6600K OC'ed 4.5 GHz Cooler: ZALMAN CNPS 10X Motherboard: GIGABYTE Z270M D3H RAM: Crucial Ballistix 8GB 2400 MHz DDR4  GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 970 4GB 256 bit GDDR5 Storage: SEAGATE Sv35 1 TB and WD Green 2 TB . PSU: Seasonic S12ii 520W Case: Cooler Master N200

-snip-

TL;DR but did look at the pictures. I'm not interested in a desk I can make myself. I'm not good at painting and aesthetic is 50% of whether I like a desk or not. The other 50% is utility.

33 miles is considered close-ish around here... I mean thats only what a half hour drive probably.

This. I live in Texas. It's a small country basically. Every major city is 35 minutes away or more (40 miles or so). That's not far at all. 

My closest Ikea is 120 miles away. That's far (1.5 hour drive).

This ^. Nothing compares to building your own table and when you build it with support cross bars like that to support the table it'll be sturdy enough to sit on.

As I said above, if it doesn't look good, I would rather have something less sturdy and easier to build. 

Also, I actively crawl onto my IKEA desks and they might wobble a tiny bit, but they are fine. And one of them has extendable legs, and I'm like a whole 12" past the "Maximum height" line. They are extended literally as far as they can go (which isn't recommended by IKEA apparently). 

It doesn't fall over or break when I climb on top of it. And It's about 3'+ off the ground since it's a standing desk. It's against a wall and another desk though, so it has some support (i.e. doesn't lean backwards or to the left).

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I absolutely love my Ikea desk at the moment. Over time I'm able to just keep adding on depending on my needs and its a fantastic feeling. Mine currently holds 6 monitors across and my previous corner desk could barely supply any room for more than 3 monitors and desk space to write stuff. I still have plenty of room to write and do work.

The only problem I've come across is I don't know what to do for a hutch. Everything that comes to mind doesn't really give enough clearance to be above my monitors. I'm looking to have leg supports like Capita legs with a single row Expedit above, but the Capita legs are too short T_T. I wish I still had free access to a table saw or radial arm saw like I did in high school, but all I have is a hand saw, miter saw, chisels and etc. Any suggestions for poles/brackets to lift a shelf above? I can't damage my wall sadly =/

Thanks for this

i7 4770k gtx 780 ti h100i asus maximus vi formula 16gb corsair vengeace pro 2400mhz ax860i 250gb samsung 840 evo ssd 1tb WD black HDD nzxt phantom 530

I don't want to read 8 pages but wanted to add this...so if anybody mentioned it already, im sorry.

You only need the legs. Drill a 4x4 into the wall. Balance the desk on it, drill a few screw though the desk plate..install the legs. Voila

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Your setup makes me moist... 

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I don't want to read 8 pages but wanted to add this...so if anybody mentioned it already, im sorry.

You only need the legs. Drill a 4x4 into the wall. Balance the desk on it, drill a few screw though the desk plate..install the legs. Voila

Thing with that is some of these legs are adjustable so that can become a problem if you need to re-size the desk height.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Thing with that is some of these legs are adjustable so that can become a problem if you need to re-size the desk height.

Just stick it at standard height since that is what all chairs are setup for unless your going to a standing desk then there are a few different heights.

• 2 weeks later...

Got myself the gray table top with white drawers and legs, its awesome!

best desk I've ever had!

post-15981-0-82480100-1396801055_thumb.j

GPU: MSI GTX 770 gaming || CPU: Intel 4670k @ 4.4Ghz || RAM: 4x4GB 1600mhz Corsair vengeance pro || MOBO: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming || CPU cooler: Corsair H105 || PSU: Corsair RM650 || SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, Crucial M4 128GB || Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 || Monitor: ASUS PA238Q

Never really thought about this as an option until recently. I've always bought pre-built. The only thing is, my next one is definitely going to be a Black Tempered Glass top... So, any ideas as to where I can get some nice ones of the same size? Non pre-built, that is. Just a sheet of glass I can use black tables/drawers and regular legs as the bottoms.

However, not to take this thread elsewhere, still, I find it very useful to get my cranium fluids flowing, as my next desk solution will either be what I mentioned above OR a PC In-Desk (Such as the Vector that's been flowing online recently).

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

Really handy guide. My new flat after Summer doesn't have a desk in my room so this'll come in handy soon :)

Thanks

How much do you want for your room? I'm throwing money at the screen...

Got myself the gray table top with white drawers and legs, its awesome!

best desk I've ever had!

That looks really nice

Now if only they'd do legs in 44 or 45cm then i'd get one but they don't ;______;

Why so low to the ground?

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Why so low to the ground?

I have an attic room so most of my space is on the horizontal rather than the vertical.

• 2 weeks later...

What legs did he use?

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I don't want to read either but does the table top have pre drilled slots for the legs or does this require any sortof drilling?

Enjoy those tacos now, for in 1000 years they will be illegal... eh Ha Ha Ha! I think we all know why.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give tacos ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Poker 2 KB Review