Do the people here in your young 20's ever feel like your getting old?

kaylexmorgana

Like I already feel ancient. I remember the good days when I could call my parents old but now they are saying I'm "getting old" and that really hurt badly.

And I was playing league today and of course you have to get into at least one argument each game and I was calling this guy a kid for bitching etc and I said how old I was and he called me grandpa and that hurt. 

Honestly getting old IS depressing.

CPU: i9 19300k////GPU: RTX 4090////RAM: 64gb DDR5 5600mhz ////MOBO: Aorus z790 Elite////MONITORS: 3 LG 38" 3840x1600 WIDESCREEN MONITORS

I have always held that getting old is a choice. And it's not a choice anyone but you can make, so it shouldn't matter that your parents and random strangers call you old. 

I'm probably 5-7 years older than you, and I feel fine with being the age I am. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I'm 26 and yes. Very much so.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Not really. I've spent most of my life being the youngest in my family and in my group of friends. Its pretty weird watching everyone get married, though.

F#$k timezone programming. Use UTC! (See XKCD #1883)

PC Specs:

Ryzen 5900x, MSI 3070Ti, 2 x 1 TiB SSDs, 32 GB 3400 DDR4, Cooler Master NR200P

Only when I realize a movie or song I really like came out 10+ years ago. Beyond that no.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

6 minutes ago, theninja35 said:

Old? In your 20s? Man, once you get into your 50s you're going to be prehistoric if people are calling you old, now.

don't say that. I don't think I can even live hitting lvl 30.

CPU: i9 19300k////GPU: RTX 4090////RAM: 64gb DDR5 5600mhz ////MOBO: Aorus z790 Elite////MONITORS: 3 LG 38" 3840x1600 WIDESCREEN MONITORS

I've actually had a few moments lately that made me feel old. I'm 24

When i found out a coworker was just 18 i immediately thought 

"Oh hell no. Weren't you playing yu-gi-oh (Or whatever it was called) just yesterday?"

And when i'm at the bank discussing mortgages and shit like that

Whenever i think about building a deck.. Which i'll have to do at some point.

Comparing health insurance plans and unions. 

And then there is the big one..

Being excited about having my own washer and dryer.. 

+ People close to my age having kids and getting married 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Man I'm almost in my 20s and I'm already looking at kids unable to understand them. I'm already starting to have those super sad flashbacks like "remember how awesome it was to be a kid". All these kids with their smart devices, a lot are pretty stupid and I'm getting called old cause i still use a desktop. Man growing up sucks.

Doomsday: CPU : i5 6600k, GPU : MSI Gaming GTX 1070, RAM : 16GB G.Skill DDR4 2400, MB : MSI Gaming M5 Z170A, Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 Evo/ 2TB Seagate Barracuda, PSU : EVGA SuperNova GS 550, Case : Phanteks Eclipse P400, CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i, Monitor : Acer 1440p60 / Asus 1080p60 OS Windows 10 Pro Audio : Sennheiser HD 598SE / SMSL SD-793-II / Blue Snowball Steam : Vlad the Inhaler

1 hour ago, 69ing Rainbow Dash said:

don't say that. I don't think I can even live hitting lvl 30.

What I'm saying, though, is that you are definitely not old when you're in your 20s. It's just that there are so many young kids on the internet who yap yap yap all day that you will hardly ever hear of a 20-year old or older on the internet. Most of them have learned to keep quiet because the younger kids ruin their experience once they open their mouth.

But you're not old. You're not old even if you play LoL or Dota or CoD or any of that. In-fact, I am pretty sure the average computer user's age is from the 20s to 30s.

My mom and dad are 42 and 41 respectively, and they are not old (yet).

I remember feeling old as early as 19 myself. It hasn't really changed 16 years later I think it has to do with your ability to relate to people your own age which for me it has always been "almost none whatsoever"

-------

Current Rig

-------

2 hours ago, 69ing Rainbow Dash said:

Like I already feel ancient. I remember the good days when I could call my parents old but now they are saying I'm "getting old" and that really hurt badly.

And I was playing league today and of course you have to get into at least one argument each game and I was calling this guy a kid for bitching etc and I said how old I was and he called me grandpa and that hurt. 

Green Day is playing on the classic rock station. Of course I feel like I'm getting old. lol

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

51 minutes ago, theninja35 said:

What I'm saying, though, is that you are definitely not old when you're in your 20s. It's just that there are so many young kids on the internet who yap yap yap all day that you will hardly ever hear of a 20-year old or older on the internet. Most of them have learned to keep quiet because the younger kids ruin their experience once they open their mouth.

But you're not old. You're not old even if you play LoL or Dota or CoD or any of that. In-fact, I am pretty sure the average computer user's age is from the 20s to 30s.

My mom and dad are 42 and 41 respectively, and they are not old (yet).

Yes but I'm jealous of those kids I wish I could be a teenager again

Just now, 69ing Rainbow Dash said:

Yes but I'm jealous of those kids I wish I could be a teenager again

Why? when you're a teenager, everything is confusing, you're not good at relationships, you can't drive, you don't have your own money, no one respects you. I don't recall anything that was so great about being a teen.

I'm 30 and I've never felt more alive. Mainly because my 20's were really screwed up with me dropping out of college and just working full time and just plain screwing up all the time. Everytime I see little boys with skin tight jeans, I'm just glad I wasn't their age and went through that fashion trend. 

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

Just turned 20 and i don't think much has changed, that being said I moved out of home at 16 and was still studying at college and tafe full time whilst working 36 hrs a week outside of school to pay for rent.

I kind of already am an adult but still definitely a kid on the inside.

It's just that my toys are a bit bigger and a fuck tonne quicker now lol 

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350

7 minutes ago, straight_stewie said:

Why? when you're a teenager, everything is confusing, you're not good at relationships, you can't drive, you don't have your own money, no one respects you. I don't recall anything that was so great about being a teen.

easy.

working, more responsibilities etc.

4 minutes ago, 69ing Rainbow Dash said:

working, more responsibilities etc.

Working = money to do things and have things that you like.

more responsibilities = more respect. For every responsibility you are given, it is really just someone showing you that they respect you and trust that you will not let them down. The more responsibilities that someone gives you, the more they trust you.

lol getting old your 20 i am 26. you mightas well struge it off and say everything is fine really

lives on

BAKABT

I've always treated the "I'm getting old" thing as a joke when I'm around teenagers. We're definitely not old, hell I'm still studying, imagine what it would mean if we became "old" before we even got out of school.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Even at 18 I feel old for some things. Especially when talking to younger kids and teens. I started feeling old once I remember things that the youth of today (that makes me sound so old but I am not) have no idea/ did not experience.

I feel like I'm aging more then old. Old to me seems to be a way of being less flexible, mentally.  Not afraid of aging tho. Must embrace it. 

Phycially i I mean at 21. I really thought I'd feel the same as i saw when I was 15. Certainly not the case. So for that part. Yes. :P 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

4 hours ago, 69ing Rainbow Dash said:

I'm 28 and I've felt that the last few years too.  I know I'm not anywhere near being "old" but sometimes I feel I'm closer to that than I'd like.

If some dumb kid is acting like a little prick just say that he's being a whiny little POS and being an immature child.  Put him in his place with some clever comebacks.

Better yet: ask the little prick what his computer specs are.  If they doesn't know give him crap for not knowing.  If they tell you and get something clearly wrong or lie/exaggerate call them on their bs.  If their setup is pathetically bad or shows poor thought about choosing parts (decent CPU with crap GPU for example) tease them about it.  

Aging is a normal part of life.  The trick is to enjoy life as much as possible and step on annoying jerks who need to learn proper respect and manners.  ?

Beating them in online games helps with that last part.  Some humble pie is clearly what that punk kid needs.  lol 

13 hours ago, Qub3d said:

Not really. I've spent most of my life being the youngest in my family and in my group of friends. Its pretty weird watching everyone get married, though.

Then they will all force you to get married. 

They will keep talking about how happy they are once they're married, how mature they think marriage make them , then they'll starting calling you a kid. Then they'll all gather around talking about their kids. Then you'll become an outcast. 

Nah,jk. Some of them will make you feel bad . 

Some won't. 

Then in the end you will find out that the people who really enjoy themselves and are having a healthy relationship with their partner and friends are NOT the one who keep bragging to you. 

Edited by mrchow19910319

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is.