I think I found a 120Hz IPS display

orangecat

So I randomly came across this...

http://www.vpixx.com/products/visual-stimulus-displays/viewpixx.html

I don't know much about it but its apparently 12 bit 1920x1080 and 120hz.

So ugly though.

I've never heard of a 12-bit panel before though.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

So ugly though.

I've never heard of a 12-bit panel before though.

It looks like its maybe a very high end display that not even video editors or photoshop needs. maybe it was a special purpose.

i doubt so

4IC5W.png

they would definitly point out its IPS, on the specs

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

All I can say is.. EWWW

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Keep in mind guys that these displays are for use in scientific laboratories, not for normal use. They are probably extremely expensive as well. 

They could've at least made it black instead of that horrible blue though.

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

That is the ugliest most horrific display I have ever seen. I wouldn't want to be caught dead owning one of those.

I know but 120hz IPS would be nice.

A Qnix/X-Star can be easily overclocked to 96/120hz, well most of them are able to get to 120.

This comes stock at 120hz.

Keep in mind guys that these displays are for use in scientific laboratories, not for normal use. They are probably extremely expensive as well. 

They could've at least made it black instead of that horrible blue though.

That and they could have made is not the size of a CRT. On the website it says its the replacement for a CRT display but how ca you replace it when its the same size and consumes more power...

gross

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

With that colour gamut, refresh rate (and probably response time) and it's tiny niche market I guess you could probably buy 2 4K monitors for the price of that, maybe more. It wouldn't be cheap.

Good to see they have the tech to push native 120Hz on IPS panels though. Too bad by the time it reaches the consumer we'll be wanting the 4K version.

It's not IPS

it says active matrix lcd, usually means tn panel

if it was ips, they would definitely list it in the specs]

EDIT: that's weird, it has 176 degree viewing angle

hmmmm

[spoiler=»--((¯`·._.·¤~●oO му яιg Oo●~¤·._.·´¯))--«] Case: Corsair 600T White       CPU: Core i7 3930k @ 4.3GHz                     SSD: Crucial M500 480GB

MB:    Asus P9X79 LE         GPU: Nvidia GTX 780 Reference             HDD: WD Caviar Green 3TB

PSU:   Seasonic X-1050      RAM: G.Skill Trident X 32GB @ 2.4GHz   ☃ There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

IPS panel have a 178 degree view angle. It's probably a plasma panel, as it's view angle is 176 degree, which matches the specs sheets.

Also, plasma can actually go at 120Hz, and as every pixel can illuminate by itself, it's a great way to achieve the monitor goal: "be like a CRT", not to mention that IPS panels have the glow effect, and not as deep blacks as CRTs.

IPS panel have a 178 degree view angle. It's probably a plasma panel, as it's view angle is 176 degree, which matches the specs sheets.

Also, plasma can actually go at 120Hz, and as every pixel can illuminate by itself, it's a great way to achieve the monitor goal: "be like a CRT", not to mention that IPS panels have the glow effect, and not as deep blacks as CRTs.

Can;t plasmas go up to like 600hz or something?

It's not IPS

it says active matrix lcd, usually means tn panel

if it was ips, they would definitely list it in the specs]

EDIT: that's weird, it has 176 degree viewing angle

hmmmm

It might be a custom display type or a plasma display.

Haven't found any official documentation, but everywhere I've looked it says it's IPS using a strobing backlight.

Pixel response times on IPS panels are now pretty much equal to TN and a strobing backlight massively/entirely eliminates motion blur anyway. That begs the question why aren't there any consumer IPS monitors with strobable backlights? I guess it wasn't too long ago when Asus and BenQ released TN panels with this technology (Nvidia Lightboost), maybe 120Hz IPS aren't too far away, it seems the technology is there.