I think I found a 120Hz IPS display

orangecat

Haven't found any official documentation, but everywhere I've looked it says it's IPS using a strobing backlight.

Pixel response times on IPS panels are now pretty much equal to TN and a strobing backlight pretty much eliminates motion blur anyway. That begs the question why aren't there any consumer IPS monitors with strobable backlights? I guess I wasn't too long ago when Asus and BenQ released TN panels with this technology, maybe 120Hz IPS aren't too far away.

You could be right, I haven't actually checked.

It's not IPS

it says active matrix lcd, usually means tn panel

I talked to Peter April, the CEO of Vpixx, who's in Canada, where I live.  They are located in Quebec, and I'm in an adjacent province (Ontario) within driving distance.

These Viewpixx monitors cost 5 figures and are aimed towards scientists and vision researchers.

The non-3D Viewpixx uses an IPS panel, and the 3D Viewpixx uses a TN panel.  So both panel types are used in the Viewpixx monitor, depending on the model.

I also should point out, presently in the last two years, miraculously VA is already at 240Hz than IPS right now, since 240Hz VA has been around for two years in HDTV's (example: expensive high end Sony HDTV's).  Yes, fake frames (interpolation) is done, but that's not the point, the pixels are being refreshed at 240Hz.  At the larger panel sizes, high-refresh-rate VA performs better than high-refresh-rate IPS for 3D stereoscopic (frames are cleaned up better before the next frame; less 3D crosstalk).  Despite the complicated pixel driving techniques of VA, television manufacturers apparently managed to make VA refresh cleaner/faster by spending lots of engineering money on some rather advanced pixel driving techniques.

Unfortunately, computer monitor manufacturers and laptop manufacturers generally use previous-generation panels, while premium HDTV manufacturers (especially $3000 models) can afford to use the very latest in LCD manufacturing, more profits spent on R&D.

HOW do you overclock a display? i overclocked my DVD drive and a fan once (overvolt) but i never heard of "overclocking" a display

4.2GHZ VALIDATIONGALLERYMost expensive software you own (clicky thread)

Intel Core i5 760 2.8GHZ @3.3ghz(4C),Asus P7H55/USB3,Antec TP550 80+bronze,Gigabyte GTX 570 SOC@955/2120 1050MV,windows 3.1,8GB DDR3 1333MHZ @~1450mhz,,500gb hdd, 160gb 

HOW do you overclock a display? i overclocked my DVD drive and a fan once (overvolt) but i never heard of "overclocking" a display

You open the Nvidia or AMD control panel, and you create a custom resolution, and you force a refresh rate. That is all. You just cross your finger that the monitor image will be fine, and not get "out of range" message. You are done.

Why, it's beautiful. I've been waiting for a monitor that possesses such a level of beauty

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Why not just get the QNIX QX2710 Evolution II and overclock it?

Intel Core i7-8700K @ 4.8GHz | Corsair H110i GTX | EVGA RTX 2080 XC | Asus ROG Maximus XI | Intel M.2 nVME SSD 1TB | Samsung 850 EVO 2X2TB | 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 RAM | EVGA SuperNova GS 1050W | Kept cool & quiet in a Fractal Design Define R5 Window with all Noctua fans

on my laptop (asus g75 vx) I run an overclocked display, at wait for it 91MHz... This monitor is very interesting, hopefully someday we will have lcd's  that have the benefits of crt's at consumer level prices. 

"Play the course as you find it. Play the Ball as it lies. And if you can't do either, do what's fair."

wtf @ all those ppl. complaining because it is ugly. Did you take a look at the specs and what the monitor actually can do? This is freaking awesome

wtf @ all those ppl. complaining because it is ugly. Did you take a look at the specs and what the monitor actually can do? This is freaking awesome

you don't need this. there is nothing to gain from this for a consumer or a graphic professional or photographer...it's simply over the top. It's like you say that buying a 12x CPU xeon based server with 1TB RAM and 1000 TB of storage space  is awesome for running your games... 

"Play the course as you find it. Play the Ball as it lies. And if you can't do either, do what's fair."