AMD Polaris Giveaway

Using a R9 390. But I would use the 480 to make a portable Vive rig for friends and family!

If anyone should win, though, please let the lucky person be an Intel HD user.

They've come a long way actually and the HD 4400 in my Surface Pro 2 always surprises me (Overwatch at lunch break at the office on a Tablet PC? Noice!).

EDIT: pls gib nao

Edited by BiscuitTech

7 yrs old school rigs. It was a beast at it era, and now it serving me some casual game and web surfing. My 9600GT was a value king.

A Polaris will be a motivation for me to build a new one and enjoy new games.

16 hours ago, nicklmg said:

So AMD's new graphics cards are here, and they are pretty sick... But what's even more sick than hearing about a new graphics card? Owning one for yourself!

Aw yeah man, we are giving away one Polaris 10 video card and one Polaris 11 video card thanks to our good friends over at AMD.

So, how do you enter to win one of these fine graphics cards?

1. Post a comment below telling us what graphics card you're using in your rig and why you want an upgrade to AMD's Polaris lineup. The two winners will be selected at random, so no, the content of your comment doesn't REALLY matter, but this is more fun than seeing 800 posts of "I want it" or "gibe nao pls."

2. Check back here in about a week when the names of our two winners will be added to the OP (giveaway execution is an art not a science people, so I apologize in advance if winners aren't announced in exactly one week).

3. Check your inbox here on the forum to make sure you didn't miss it. Our winners' usernames will be added to the OP here, so if you have any question about the legitimacy of a congratulatory message regarding this giveaway, please be sure to check back here and see if your name has been added.

And, while this isn't a requirement, feel free to give our friends over at @AMDRadeon on Twitter a follow.

Winners will be PMed from this account on the forum. Please do not consider winner messages from any other user in regards to this giveaway.

This giveaway is worldwide with no age restriction.

Best of luck to all!!

I have a pretty old setup. It's about seven years old and still has Windows xp. I'd like to set up a better rig but i just don't have enough money at the moment.

580 TI and modern games hate me

I have a humble GTX 650, which I purchased to play CS:GO, MW3 and test my low-budget 4K Seiki TV. It does the trick for me, but I can surely have more FPS with the latest technology. I hope I can finally start killing my friends in online battles. ;)

I have a R9 280, would really love to get a newer card to max out recent games.

I'm running a 980Ti Hybrid, but hey another graphics card wouldn't hurt anyone would now?

I have an HD 7970, and planed on buying a RX 480 anyway for the extra performance (to power my new 1440p monitor) and Freesync

Unfortunately, I do not have a rig and I am looking to build one. I'm using my parents computer which uses an AMD APU. I would really like this gpu because it will help me build my future rig as well as the cost being lower for the total of my rig. Thank you c: 

I'm running my first ever PC build with an R7 370. It didn't take me long to get hungry for my next build. I've been eyeing the 480 as the next affordable upgrade, but free is always better! ^^

GTX860m, I will be building an entirely new system in the coming month and the rx480 is what i'm aiming for :)

I have never used AMD CARD, my present gpu is from nvidia gtx960 and my previous card was gtx660ti and my first gpu was nvidia's 8500 gt.

I would like to try red instead of green this time.

Hey everyone, long time fan of the youtube channel. This is the first contest I've ever been a part of, and I know I won't win but it's always fun to try anyways!

My current rig is a fossil from 2011, sporting a FX-4100 and a Sapphire HD 6850. Both of which have held up for so long but the 6850, while perfectly ok with esports titles and older games just becomes a major hassle with newer titles! Fallout 4 was such a pain to get running with acceptable framerates and reasonable detail! While I'm a big fan of getting the most out of my equipment I think it's time to finally upgrade since I want to run titles like DooM and the new Tombraider game!

I'm currently saving up for an RX 480, but this would certainly help a lot, cheers!

I have a gtx 960 and it serves me just fine but i'd rather get a new AMD gpu to get into 1440p gaming i doubt im going to get it but a chance to get a gpu for free is too good to pass up.

I'm running a GTX 780 and I'll need an upgrade for Battlefield 1 !!

PC : i7-4770k - GTX 780 DCU2OC - Maximus VI Gene - 8Gb @2133Mhz G.Skill RAM - Corsair LX 256Gb - WD Black 1 Tb - Bitfenix Prodigy M - Corsair K70 RGB - Logitech G500

I have a GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280, 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5. I use it for Gaming and also for video editing. I would love to have the upgrade for better performance in my gaming as well as video editing!

Ive bought a  4k monitor recently and there is no way back now. With the high screen resolution trend in games and monitors the Polaris AMD card is very good choice.
Thanks for review and organising this contest. Good luck for everyone :).

I’m currently sporting a GTX 670 FTW 2GB graphics card, and the new AMD lineup would let me push my Unreal projects without limiting myself to my card’s performance.

I am building a gaming PC at the moment, and I can't afford anything more then a GTX 750 ti and I am gaming off of the iGPU right now. I am pretty happy with my PC right now, but would be more happy with a brand new Polaris GPU. :D

Spoiler

My computers as of 2017/03

My Old PC

Spoiler

Dell Vostro 260 $150 2010

CPU: i3-2120@3.3Ghz, GPU: Intel HD Graphics 2000, ATI Radeon X1300, RAM: 4GB Axevir Budget Series, SSD: 240GB Radeon R7, HDD: random 250GB and random 160 GB, CASE: Crap from Dell, OS: Windows 7 Enterprise

My Current PC

Spoiler

Custom Build $1200 2016

CPU: i5-6600k@3.6Ghz, GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury, RAM: 16GB Geil EVO X, SSD: 240GB Radeon R7, HDD: Hitachi 500GB, CASE: Deepcool Kendomen, OS: Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Laptop

Spoiler

ASUS F8S $1150 2008

CPU: Core 2 Duo T7500, GPU: ATI 2400 Mobility, RAM: 8GB Mushkins, SSHD: 1TB Seagate Hybrid Drive, OS: Windows 7 Ultimate N and Windows 10 Professional

HTPC

Spoiler

MSi Cubi $200 2016

CPU: Pentium 3805u@1.9Ghz, GPU: Intel HD, RAM: 4GB Crucial DDR3L, SSD: 120GB Radeon R7

Other Laptop

Spoiler

HP 2210b $400 2009

CPU: Core 2 Duo T8100@2.1Ghz, GPU: Intel GM965, RAM: 2GB Hynix, HDD: Hitachi 160GB, OS: Linux Mint 17.3 and Lubuntu

*All Prices in the Canadian Dollar

Intel skylake integrated 530... space for more within

Currently using an EVGA GTX 770 2GB.  That 2 gigabytes of VRAM is really starting to hurt in modern titles.  I have no brand loyalty and am always interested in seeing how other products compare. 

I have R9 280x and it has been great for me. I only have some artifacts from time to time(newest fw, replaced the thermal paste and cleaned the fans).
Would really like to play my games without those artifacts :)

295x2 is what I use, I would like a new polaris GPU because my room becomes a bit too toasty during the summertime.

I own an FX 6300 coupled with an R9 270X

It's depressing to know that my rig can't max out the latest titles @ 1080p Ultra details anymore.

Getting an RX card would be perfect!! 

All of them have an 'X' in them, how cool is that!!!!!

RX 480.png