Post your Cinebench R20+15+R11.5+2003 Scores **Don't Read The OP PLZ**

Message added by SansVarnic

Please <SNIP> large quotes.

Save an Electron . . . <snip> always.

that heatsink look good if you point a small fan at its you should be able to do over 1.3v on the nb :)

It has a fan in the middle of it, which is one of the good things-its active, has 2 heatpipes, feels more solid than any other cooler, CPU or othewise and was the last one from the seller on Ebay that was under $40. I'm going to put a general reccomendation out to anyone who overclocks on motherboards with a Northbridge to buy one, as its by far the best non-liquid solution for cooling a NB.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

any good

any suggestions for TIM. all the ones I own freeze at sub zero

i have been using 99% alcohol as the catalyst. is acetone any better?

im working on better insulation all round. last night was a preliminary run.

grabbed another cooler full of dice for 5cad...oh soo cheap.

if anyone lives in or close to a major urban center this stuff should be readily available. it took me 2 phone calls to source it. i have found some ln2 but its not very cost effective. I can get a 5 foot bottle for $281.00 cad

i dont have alot of cash either, but i got some old heatsinks, scrap copper and some simple hand tools lol

the i7 will be last on the list to bench. tonight im going pentium styles on the maximus 6 formula or 2500k . but the 2500k is a chitty chip

nice to see you round here rt123. just dropped that 1051 bomb and i was like damn i seen that score before lol.  i like your pipe smoking avatar, link it up

The indisputably best TIM for sub-zero that all overclockers use is Gelid GC Extreme. Will not freeze even at -196C. Although I have a love/hate relationship with it. See it gets too hard & you need to put a little bit paste in a small plastic zip lock bag & then heat it up with in hot water, after that it works fine. I didn't know this & it didn't work after using it first time & then I wasted half a tube angrily trying different methods till this was suggested to me.

In the end, its expensive but its the one everyone seems to like the most.

People say 99% alcohol should work but I haven't tried it.

I get this shipped to my closest store & pick it up.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Klean-Strip-1-pt-Acetone-PA12270/203713859

Sub-zero Mobo prep guide

http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?t=123824

If you have old hardware you can work your way up before you use your most recent/expensive stuff. A common strategy used by everyone starting in Sub-zero. I am just impatient & wanted to see how high your 4790K goes as you have a decent sample that's why. :P

Funny thing, I go by rtsurfer on most forums except the one I use the most recently, which is OCN. :wacko:  The mods there don't let people change usernames & I have some decent rep linked to my account so I thought I'll stick with it.

I thought you'd recognize the CB R15 run sooner or later. :P

Hit 4.9GHz on my E8500 and had cinebench almost complete, but the Soutbridge is acting a bit screwy with anything over 468MHz, and the SSD and HDD weren't even being recognized most of the time.

PMSL

he musta hit the wrong end of the pipe...lol pipe dreams

Mainboard Asrock Z170 OCF CPU 6700k RAM Tridentz 3600 HDD Intel 730 240gb GPU GTX 780ti sc acx PSU Silverstone Strider 1200W  Case Antec 900 Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad T520 build log-   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35809-antec-900-the-re-birth-of-a-legend/ Check out the Tech Center https://www.youtube.com/user/prokon24/videos LTT's Unicore King

Beat me now .lol

post-169269-0-81268200-1424502103_thumb.

post-169269-0-81268200-1424502103_thumb.

CPU: i7 4790K | Ram:Corsair Vengeance 8GB | GPU: Asus R9 270 | Cooling :Corsair H100i | Storage : Intel SSD, Seagate HDDs | PSU : Corsair VS 550 | Case: CM HAF Advanced.

Beat me now .lol

attachicon.giflow.jpg

That's why old CPUs are good.

/s

My X5450 scored higher at stock.

PMSL

getting better

this is me :)

My rig: 5820k 48Gb DDR4 Gskill Ripjaws, m.2 pcie samsgung 256Gb boot, rampage v extreme x99, 2x asus 980 strix  14.5 Tb other ssds and hdds. Laptop: Lenovo Y510P. Peripherals: G13 /RAT 7 /Corsair K70 RGB/ FLY 5 

What res is your monitor? Or is my laptop just making the image look funny :P

its 3440x1440

:)

My rig: 5820k 48Gb DDR4 Gskill Ripjaws, m.2 pcie samsgung 256Gb boot, rampage v extreme x99, 2x asus 980 strix  14.5 Tb other ssds and hdds. Laptop: Lenovo Y510P. Peripherals: G13 /RAT 7 /Corsair K70 RGB/ FLY 5 

i can't see any number clearly in this image :o

CPU: i7 4790K | Ram:Corsair Vengeance 8GB | GPU: Asus R9 270 | Cooling :Corsair H100i | Storage : Intel SSD, Seagate HDDs | PSU : Corsair VS 550 | Case: CM HAF Advanced.

i can't see any number clearly in this image :o

I'll put it this way, the image tells an i5 4440 where to shove itself.

PMSL

oh ok . 5820K can do that :)

I'll put it this way, the image tells an i5 4440 where to shove itself.

Shove it anywhere you want .lol

PMSL

Damn, that would be weeks, if not months of fun.

I would be tempted but I don't have anywhere to put those. I'd happily evict my brother for them though.

Still chugging along ... Phenom II X2 555 unlocked and OC to 4 cores @ 3.74 Ghz ... for the Open GL Test , downclocked to 3.63Ghz ... Still undecided to what should i upgrade :unsure:

CPU :

gbdXRuV.jpg

Open GL :

eAt64ZI.jpg

EDIT: Added CPU-Z

The Subwoofer 

Ryzen 7 1700  /// Noctua NH-L9X65 /// Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200PWM

ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac /// 16GB DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ 3066Mhz

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

Samsung 960EVO 250GB + WD Blue 2TB

What's that artifact in the second pic?

Compression i assume. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

What's that artifact in the second pic?

The ye oldy HD5770 is having some issues with the memory chips ... Prime 95 is stable for as long as i could test it ( A30 Freezer ) , temps dont go above 41.C on the CPU ( external thermal probe ) , and the GPU stays cool too , tho because of the memory issue , it artifacts alot , and is unstable ...

P.S any advice on picking a new CPU ?

The Subwoofer 

Ryzen 7 1700  /// Noctua NH-L9X65 /// Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200PWM

ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac /// 16GB DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ 3066Mhz

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

Samsung 960EVO 250GB + WD Blue 2TB

nice monitor i have to put my window in full screen too see the full thing :) also you need a gpuz screenshot for the gpu score.

it would be fun binning that lot.

Still chugging along ... Phenom II X2 555 unlocked and OC to 4 cores @ 3.74 Ghz ... for the Open GL Test , downclocked to 3.63Ghz ... Still undecided to what should i upgrade :unsure:

CPU :

Open GL :

you need a cpuz 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

new high score for me!

4770k @ 4.6ghz

2vngl79.jpg

cpu:i7-4770k    gpu: msi reference r9 290x  liquid cooled with h55 and hg10 a1     motherboard:z97x gaming 5   ram:gskill sniper 8 gb

you need a cpuz 

yes sir captain bossman!

http://valid.canardpc.com/ui53kq

post-4039-0-69902900-1424556056_thumb.pn

post-4039-0-69902900-1424556056_thumb.pn

Mainboard Asrock Z170 OCF CPU 6700k RAM Tridentz 3600 HDD Intel 730 240gb GPU GTX 780ti sc acx PSU Silverstone Strider 1200W  Case Antec 900 Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad T520 build log-   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35809-antec-900-the-re-birth-of-a-legend/ Check out the Tech Center https://www.youtube.com/user/prokon24/videos LTT's Unicore King