Game has gotten worse in 2.4 than it was in 2.3

First of all , I'm playing on a laptop with 16gigs of ram , i7-4750hq and gtx950m which isnt half bad .. I bought the game when it was in 2.3 . it ran fine without and tweaks and I would get av average of 20fps on very high .. And 20fps on low settings at 1080p ( graphical settings don't seem to matter for this game ) But atleast it didn't use to crash every 10 min into the game out of which 4 min were to load it ...

Are you guys also facing this issue ?? Of constant crashing ? ..

And most of the time the crash handler fails to report the crash ..  I'm frustrated and feel like applying for refund ( since I still come under old terms and conditions ) .. I've spent 140$ ( which is a lot for college going student with a burden of student loans ).. on this game because it ran fine in 2.3 without any optimization .. But now in 2.4 .. The game still runs fine. . I get same fps .. But I can't play the game because it keeps crashing every ####### time ! 

How to make your droids snappier:

The ultimate laptop buying guide :

The very nature of the game being alpha leans towards performance issues changing patch to patch. The game will likely vary with performance next month too, CIG are currently overhauling the ship parts system which is probably making the game sluggish with the mix of new and old code. I personally would wait and see what happens as the game is nowhere near finished and will change in performance over time anyway 

Ryzen 7  2700x | 16GB RAM | GTX 2080ti EVGA | Noctua LTT Edition D15 | Inwin 303 White | Roccat Suora | Logitech G903 Wireless| AKG K92 |

Star Citizen Linus Tech Tips Conglomerate Wolf Pack, Bane Wing Commander | LTTC Discord Chat | About the UOLTT | Referral Code Randomiser

There may or may not be a mop in my profile picture, don't ask about the mop... Just Look Here

welcome to 21st century,

the age of shit developers

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

Its in alpha crashes are expected.

You and I don't play the same game, it would seem. Both 2.3 and 2.3.1 ran like utter shit. 2.2 ran fine and 2.4 runs almost as fine.

6 minutes ago, colt92 said:

You and I don't play the same game, it would seem. Both 2.3 and 2.3.1 ran like utter shit. 2.2 ran fine and 2.4 runs almost as fine.

Im pretty sure a couple of our meetups got scrapped and people went on BF4 instead during 2.3 due to performance issues

Ryzen 7  2700x | 16GB RAM | GTX 2080ti EVGA | Noctua LTT Edition D15 | Inwin 303 White | Roccat Suora | Logitech G903 Wireless| AKG K92 |

Star Citizen Linus Tech Tips Conglomerate Wolf Pack, Bane Wing Commander | LTTC Discord Chat | About the UOLTT | Referral Code Randomiser

There may or may not be a mop in my profile picture, don't ask about the mop... Just Look Here

1 minute ago, abyss03 said:

Im pretty sure a couple of our meetups got scrapped and people went on BF4 instead during 2.3 due to performance issues

More than a couple, I assure you. And than a few.

Delete USER. Always. Every patch. 

Got a problem? Delete USER. 

Crashing? Delete USER. 

Got noisy neighbors? Delete USER. 

Spoiler

Disclaimer: May not work 100% of the time. But keep deleting. 

I only lurk... wait a sec-...

My only two contributions to society: SC Ship Guide / Squadron Logos

5 minutes ago, Gyre-Taenn said:

Delete USER. Always. Every patch. 

Got a problem? Delete USER. 

Crashing? Delete USER. 

Got noisy neighbors? Delete USER. 

Reveal hidden contents

Disclaimer: May not work 100% of the time. But keep deleting. 

My dog was sick do I deleted user .. He is OK now  .. But didn't fix star citizen crashes 

There is another option.

You could drop to your knees and pray to the god that is Chris Roberts, he may be kind enough to bless your computer and allow you to play Star Citizen Alpha 2.4 crash free. I doubt this though as I am experiencing the occasional crash, though a lot less than 2.3 from the little amount I played.

If you really need to you may gain some stability from adding or editing a user.cfg file, bored gamer tries to do one for every patch (Too lazy to find and link, sorry) which might net some stability.

Waiting is still the option I recommend as they aim for monthly updates to the game and there is no point in having an alpha for people to test when they cant report anything more than the game crashes.

12 minutes ago, GeneralTheoryOfBadassery said:

My dog was sick do I deleted user .. He is OK now  .. But didn't fix star citizen crashes 

Best solution? Hit us up on Discord. Seriously, this is way easier to address when we can chat in real time.

Link: discord.uoltt.org

I only lurk... wait a sec-...

My only two contributions to society: SC Ship Guide / Squadron Logos

3 hours ago, GeneralTheoryOfBadassery said:

First of all , I'm playing on a laptop with 16gigs of ram , i7-4750hq and gtx950m which isnt half bad .. I bought the game when it was in 2.3 . it ran fine without and tweaks and I would get av average of 20fps on very high .. And 20fps on low settings at 1080p ( graphical settings don't seem to matter for this game ) But atleast it didn't use to crash every 10 min into the game out of which 4 min were to load it ...

Are you guys also facing this issue ?? Of constant crashing ? ..

And most of the time the crash handler fails to report the crash ..  I'm frustrated and feel like applying for refund ( since I still come under old terms and conditions ) .. I've spent 140$ ( which is a lot for college going student with a burden of student loans ).. on this game because it ran fine in 2.3 without any optimization .. But now in 2.4 .. The game still runs fine. . I get same fps .. But I can't play the game because it keeps crashing every ####### time ! 

I don't want to just unload on you about how this is an alpha but really REALLY think about what an alpha means. The general idea is that its going to crash, and wanting a refund based on the performance of a game not even in beta is... well its silly. I mean you CAN, but whats the point, you are probably just going to pick it up later for the same reason you picked it up in the first place. If you don't like the experience you are getting now solely based on the fact that you are crashing during a totally and very openly unfinished game just wait till its in beta, or until release. 

7 hours ago, Adreyu said:

I don't want to just unload on you about how this is an alpha but really REALLY think about what an alpha means. The general idea is that its going to crash, and wanting a refund based on the performance of a game not even in beta is... well its silly. I mean you CAN, but whats the point, you are probably just going to pick it up later for the same reason you picked it up in the first place. If you don't like the experience you are getting now solely based on the fact that you are crashing during a totally and very openly unfinished game just wait till its in beta, or until release. 

I know its alpha .. And that it's supposed to crash ..  But what's the point of an alpha ?..

Testing ! .. 

But how can you test something that doesn't work ? .. I've tried cfg tweaks .. I can manage a few crashes .. But a crash every time I get 10 minutes into the game .. Unbearable ..

I'm gonna ditch the game till 2.7 .. That's when the will add Stanton system and all the mechanics done . All core gameplay mechanics will be done and hopefully they will work on optimisation before expanding further 

19 minutes ago, GeneralTheoryOfBadassery said:

I know its alpha .. And that it's supposed to crash ..  But what's the point of an alpha ?..

Testing ! .. 

But how can you test something that doesn't work ? .. I've tried cfg tweaks .. I can manage a few crashes .. But a crash every time I get 10 minutes into the game .. Unbearable ..

I'm gonna ditch the game till 2.7 .. That's when the will add Stanton system and all the mechanics done . All core gameplay mechanics will be done and hopefully they will work on optimisation before expanding further 

thats fair, we'll see you then

note that they request people do not mess with the cfg files as this can cause instability in communications between the client and the server

1 hour ago, GeneralTheoryOfBadassery said:

Testing ! .. 

You do realize that you're running a crap ton of debug code that will help CIG to iron out exactly those crashes, right?

Especially the crash handler that asked you nicely after your first crash to send a report back home should be told to do that automatically, so you don't have to care about it and help to improve the game.

If in doubt it's always a good idea to blame Microsoft. I had huge issues back with 0.8 and had to reinstall because of a stupid driver hiccup. Ran like a charm since then. You might as well take advantage of the windows 10 free upgrade if you haven't already and do a clean install.

Did you know this forum has an unofficial/official Star Citizen group? Head over to our organization's page, numerous forum threads or our LTTC Discord Server to find out more.

2 hours ago, Napper198 said:

You do realize that you're running a crap ton of debug code that will help CIG to iron out exactly those crashes, right?

Especially the crash handler that asked you nicely after your first crash to send a report back home should be told to do that automatically, so you don't have to care about it and help to improve the game.

If in doubt it's always a good idea to blame Microsoft. I had huge issues back with 0.8 and had to reinstall because of a stupid driver hiccup. Ran like a charm since then. You might as well take advantage of the windows 10 free upgrade if you haven't already and do a clean install.

All the other games run fine :'( 

And the crash handler itself crashes 50% of the times ... Maybe more ...

Also .. Can CIG please bring back the old skybox ? ( spacebox ? ) ...

The new one is horridly cringy .. And looks like some one projectile vomited stars all over the skybox ...  

10 hours ago, rucdoc said:

note that they request people do not mess with the cfg files as this can cause instability in communications between the client and the server

Plus they ignore most custom edited config when debugging

7 hours ago, GeneralTheoryOfBadassery said:

All the other games run fine :'( 

And the crash handler itself crashes 50% of the times ... Maybe more ...

I've had crashes due to running a different version of my bios, everything else worked but SC, now Nvidia out of date drivers cause issues.

Diagnose the crash, what ship are you in,where are you, what mode, what have you got plugged in your pc, what antivirus app are you running? Are you overclocking.

Maybe your trolling us, maybe you need to let off steam but it just pisses off some of us that sit through this to actually test the game, we try and send fixes to the issue council, if your having issues fine, we'll help but try to be constructive so we can help.

Usually 8ish people here can meet up with one having a CTD and one hitting a bug that causes us to leave the server the game runs pretty well for the majority of active players, sure servers crash and everything runs at low fps but yeah it's alpha, its expected.

4 hours ago, GeneralTheoryOfBadassery said:

Also .. Can CIG please bring back the old skybox ? ( spacebox ? ) ...

The new one is horridly cringy .. And looks like some one projectile vomited stars all over the skybox ...  

Pics before and after? Haven't noticed a difference 

I used custom cfg because it was crashing even without one xD .. So I just turned off boom and Mouton blur .. Didn't mess with anything serious .. At first I thought the game was crashing during tasks that are graphically intensive like explosions and stuff .. So I thought I'd give it a try and turn off all the graphically heavy settings like motion blur and bloom .. But turns out .. That didn't matter .. I'm doing a clean install of nvidia drivers right now .. Will update you if it made a difference ..

And I'll also look for screenshots before and after .. :)

Yup, we scrapped several meetups due to 2.3 and 2.3.1 being impossible to play.  2.4 has been way better so far in terms of stability, at least in Crusader. Arena commander is a little better in terms of rubberbanding and desync, but it crashes a whole lot more. But the PU behaves pretty well and overall FPS is higher.

As others have said @GeneralTheoryOfBadassery , join us at discord.uoltt.org , we're all there. :)