now that we know bf4 cpu benchmarks....

fryman

http://m.ncix.com/products/sku/87201

Would you say that this is now a viable option? My 3570k isn't putting up the frames I want it to. 4 cores is not enough for bf4.

Looking at CPU benchmarks the 8350 is 3rd so this CPU at 5ghz can only be better

ah no for that price i would have picked this

http://m.ncix.com/products/sku/83780 and this http://m.ncix.com/products/sku/77648 and this is probably enough hitting 4.5ghz and its even 5$ cheaper

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

If you want to waste your money, go on ahead.

For that money, get an Intel Core i7 4770K or 4820K.

And like Kayn said, base nothing on beta benchmarks. An i5 3570K is still one of the best gaming chips out there.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I wouldn't go out and get a whole new set up. This is still in beta and things can still change. I would just wait for the official release instead of basing this on the beta benchmarks.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

what ? from i5 you will do a downgrade. what cpu benchmarks ? that trash site ? are you joking ?

I'm running an FX8350 @ 4.8GHz along with a GTX780 and I've been averaging around 65fps so i'm not too sure if you'd get much of an increase with the 9590. What kind of frame rates are you getting with your current setup?

what ? from i5 you will do a downgrade. what cpu benchmarks ? that trash site ? are you joking ?

Let's keep this intelligent please.

Are people drunk or why are the even considering downgrading from an i5 to an fx ?!? :)

Look at CPU benchmarks. Frostbite 2 used up to 6 cores and frostbite 3 can use 8. 4 now lacks. I need the highest minimum frame rates possible for closet to 144hz as possible. Please do not reply if you do not know what you are talking about.

Let's keep this intelligent please.

we are keeping it intelligent eh ? go on spend 675$ for extra 10fps

http--www.gamegpu.ru-images-stories-Test

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Not too much money tbh. Also considering ivy bridge e. And fps is worth the money imo

Look at CPU benchmarks. Frostbite 2 used up to 6 cores and frostbite 3 can use 8. 4 now lacks. I need the highest minimum frame rates possible for closet to 144hz as possible. Please do not reply if you do not know what you are talking about.

only that amds 8 core afaik isn't a real 8 core and amd's '8-core' is much slower per core than intel ...

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Not too much money tbh. Also considering ivy bridge e. And fps is worth the money imo

get h100i

get a high end motherboard like ud5h

overclock or even delid since its not that much

spend rest of the money on graphics card.

im very happy i bought a 2600k vs a non hyper threaded CPU  :)

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I think everyone should remember that this is a Beta and although >4 core/ hyperthreaded CPU's will probably still perform better in the actual release there may very well will be better optimization for 4 cores

Me: Yeah I just really can't get my H220 working again, I've tried everything that was suggested in the forum.

Brian (Swiftech Support): Hmm, have you tried slapping it?

No not for the money.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Wait, you're telling me 4 cores isn't enough for gaming? I somehow doubt that.

It won't be soon we will need 8 cores or hyper threading to game smoothly in a few years time bf4 is just the start.

Why are you looking at beta benchmarks for ideas on what to upgrade to. The game isn't optimized much yet. You really should wait for the actual release before you buy new hardware because it's not performing right in a beta.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

It won't be soon we will need 8 cores or hyper threading to game smoothly in a few years time bf4 is just the start.

that is not true. 4 cores cpus are getting stronger by the years

You miss the point that core =/= core. One i5 core is as strong as 2 FX8350 cores and overally beats it. Not to say that Dice recommends FX6300 for optimal performance which is on par with an i3.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird