rx480, no hype?

TheHappyJarhead

if its true the rx480 is another pointless move, amd when are you going to sort it out, youre doing useless things if this is true performance. 

Someone else posted that one earlier today too (with a translation). Uhhh, if it's actually true it's kinda meh :/ But we will see tomorrow.

Anyways, I liked the benchmarks they ran on the RX 480 ;) 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

shouldn't all reviews and benchmarks appear on 29th june?

2 minutes ago, Minibois said:

Someone else posted that one earlier today too (with a translation). Uhhh, if it's actually true it's kinda meh :/ But we will see tomorrow.

Anyways, I liked the benchmarks they ran on the RX 480 ;) 

looks like another marketing plot to lie to customers, like nvidias 67c on reference coolers.

2 minutes ago, TheHappyJarhead said:

if its true the rx480 is another pointless move, amd when are you going to sort it out, youre doing useless things if this is true performance. 

I call bullshit unless it's proved tomorrow. Btw, world of tanks is a heavily CPU-bound game.

1 minute ago, EvilNeo said:

Yes.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

I have a couple problems with this picture . First : rx 480 says "firestrike extreme" for all the benchmarks . Second , we have no idea how far the 970 was overclocked . It could be under ln2 for all we know . 

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

I do wonder why they state the test platform has a 970 Amp Omega (in the bottom right) but do not mention the other cards.

Is that not weird?

6 minutes ago, TheHappyJarhead said:

like like another marketing plot to lie to customers, like nvidias 67c on reference coolers.

It's a real shame man. I feel like it's worse for companies when they promise stuff and it turns out not to be true. Just like Ubisoft's Watch_Dogs or Division incident, with the beautiful graphics at E3 and less than that graphics at release. Anyways, we don't know if this is true yet. We'll see tomorrow!

6 minutes ago, EvilNeo said:

Yep, but this is from a magazine in Poland, so maybe they just didn't care and published this :P or it's a hoax. possible too.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 minutes ago, Coaxialgamer said:

I have a couple problems with this picture . First : rx 480 says "firestrike extreme" for all the benchmarks . Second , we have no idea how far the 970 was overclocked . It could be under ln2 for all we know . 

if it was under ln2 the scores would have been much higher, believe me.

i dont understand the deal with this review leak. just wait a moment, and reviews will come pouring 

1 minute ago, TheHappyJarhead said:

if it was under ln2 the scores would have been much higher, believe me.

i know , it's most likely air-cooled . I was just pointing out the fact we don't know the clocks for the 970 . It could be a slight bump to 1250mhz or it could be pushed to 1600mhz , we have no idea , so speculating about the rx 480's performance based on a card we don't even know the performance of is stupid ( remember the 970 can be overclocked to surpass the stock 980 )

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

I hope the GTX1070's price will drop because of the release of the RX 480.

Main gaming pc: Lian-Li Lancool II Mesh Performance - Ryzen 5 5600X - MSI GTX1080Ti Armor - AMD Wraith Spire RGB - ASUS TUF Gaming B550 Plus - Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 2x8GB 3200MHz - 500GB M.2 (and a few other drives)

Gaming laptop: ASUS GL552VW: i7 6700HQ - GTX960M 2GB - 8GB DDR4 2166Mhz RAM - 1TB 7200RPM HDD

2 minutes ago, xDanielxOossiex said:

i wouldn't count on it . Nvidia is already having supply issues , so it won't happen because of supply/demand

3 hours ago, xDanielxOossiex said:

They aren't in the same price bracket and were never meant to be. As much as I don't agree with the inflated prices that we all know were planned, it isn't going to happen. The RX 480 isn't meant to compare or compete with the 1070, people need to stop saying that.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

oh boy, really hoping those graphs are not true. If it doesn't outperform the 970 by a decent margin they they are going to be in some trouble.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

6 minutes ago, xDanielxOossiex said:

I wouldn't hold much hope that Nvidia will drop the price of a $379 card because a $199 card was released. They aren't really in competition. Wait and see what happens when an RX 490 materializes.

Right now Pascal is so outrageously expensive because no one can keep them in stock. I don't imagine the RX 480 will sell near its MSRP for awhile, either.

2 minutes ago, typographie said:

I wouldn't hold much hope that Nvidia will drop the price of a $379 card because a $199 card was released. They aren't really in competition, wait and see what happens when an RX 490 materializes.

Right now Pascal is so outrageously expensive because no one can keep them in stock. I don't imagine the RX 480 will sell near its MSRP for awhile, either.

^ Troo

1 minute ago, typographie said:

I wouldn't hold much hope that Nvidia will drop the price of a $379 card because a $199 card was released. They aren't really in competition.

its not a $379 card anymore, its a $450 card now because of nvidias anti consumer decision.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Waiting for actual reviews on YouTube, hopefully tomorrow.

If it sucks I'll just get a 1070 or maybe two 390/Xs

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

10 minutes ago, bob345 said:

its not a $379 card anymore, its a $450 card now because of nvidias anti consumer decision.

I don't know what you're talking about.. the Founders Edition cards, I guess? I don't know why anyone even acknowledges those exist. Prices of the third-party cards will go down once they can keep them in stock. This happened to Maxwell, it happened to the Fury/Fury X/Nano, and it happened to Broadwell and Skylake for an exceptionally long time. It shouldn't be a surprise.

The 3dmark results are hillarious, the 480 has 3 different results for firestrike extreme, while the 380X and 970 have results for Ice storm and cloud gate that don't even make sense, not really what you could call trust worthy.

Even if it doesn't outperform a 970 but, let's say, about equals it in performance. It's not a useless card since (at least over here) it'll be cheaper than a 970. 

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

I will only buy this card if its on par with a gtx 980. Not buying Nvidia because of their ridiculous price policy