Ford Steals Firewatch Original Artwork

Source: http://www.shacknews.com/article/95540/ford-copies-firewatch-official-art-for-freedom-sales-event-promotion

Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/4q6oxx/ford_copies_firewatch_official_art_for_freedom/

DISCLAIMER - THIS IS NOT AN INDIVIDUAL DEALER'S FUCK UP

Flyingbox - Reddit
I work at a Ford dealer. Local stores don't make promo materials. They're supplied by Ford as templates or predetermined text. So someone at corporate is going to get rekt.

Cl-mGbLVEAA3cwW.jpg:large

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so Campo Santo should feel extremely flattered considering Ford completely copied Firewatch’s official art for its own Freedom Sales Event.

A promotional image for the Ford Freedom Sales Event has started to make the rounds online, and as you can see below, it looks extremely familiar to Firewatch’s official art. If you think this is just a coincidence, then you should take a look at how the birds are shaped, the various trees, and the power line that is connected to the outpost.

Panic Inc., who co-produced Firewatch, confirmed the use of its game art was not authorized for Ford's use.

Gamasutra contacted a marketing representative from Quirk Ford, who says the art was discovered on widewallpaper.info. The representative said the website was "usually pretty good about about making sure [images] don't violate the Digital Millennium Copyright Act." Chris Cannavo, manager at Quirk Ford, contacted Gamasutra again to inform them the promo art came from Ford itself.

Ford will not even admit to the copyright infringement as a "mistake" which it is not. This is beyond despicable, there are numerous sources proving the art is from Panic Inc, the developers Co-Producers of Firewatch, and Ford is outright denying it and claiming it is their original artwork!

Panic Inc have responded on twitter but I hope they sue since Ford is actively denying infringement claiming the artwork is their own when everyone knows that's complete bullshit.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Firewatch needs all the support it can get

Loved it.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

7 minutes ago, zacRupnow said:

-snip-

At least they dont issue an DCMA take down on Firewatch on Steam~

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log

So where's the gratuitous DMCA take-down on their lazy marketing site?

Does anybody have actual links to the art being used on Ford's website? Based on the article it looks like this marketing campaign is not run by Ford Motors but instead by an independently owned dealership.

-KuJoe

2 minutes ago, KuJoe said:

Does anybody have actual links to the art being used on Ford's website? Based on the article it looks like this marketing campaign is not run by Ford Motors but instead by an independently owned dealership.

Flyingbox - Reddit
I work at a Ford dealer. Local stores don't make promo materials. They're supplied by Ford as templates or predetermined text. So someone at corporate is going to get rekt.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

44 minutes ago, Manage My Cables said:

Shitty cars

Not really

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

Firewatch will win if it is their original content. I hate when companies do this.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

This sounds a lot like Ford's trying to pretend all of this will go away once the promo period is over.

Interesting updates from Gamasutra. First, it's not Ford, it's just a Ford dealership. Second, only the image with the watchtower is from firewatch, the other Ford claims was commissioned. Third, the dealership is claiming it got the art from widewallpaper.info (which anyone with half a brain can tell is just meant for individuals to download for wallpapers and not for commercial use), however, someone at Campo Santo says it was taken directly from their site, not from a wallpaper site...though, I don't know how he could know that...someone could have taken it from the site and put it on widewallpaper.info.