LG Gram Review

so i have a few thoughts

1. i can lift up my dell XPS 13 with 2 fingers that's not exactly a big deal  

2. i think the Micro SD card is more intended for storage expansion (like a phone) more than data transfer so you can get an extra 128gb micro sd for some extra space (and for cheaper) instead of faffing about installing a new bigger m.2  

3. i also agree with the whole 1080p for extra battery life thing i wish dell had offered a 1080p touch screen version of the xps 13 for the higher spec machines and not just a QHD+ display as i would of hands down choose that not just to help solve the awful windows 10 scaling and lack of  comparability for displays larger than 1080 in some windows 10 store apps (im looking at you facebook messenger) 

4. also again comparing it to my dell xps 13 they made the same stupid decision to pair ddr3 memory with a skylake processor WHY! i have 16gb of RAM in my xps not being used to its full potential id much rather they opt to charge an extra £50 and use DDR4 instead  

I lurk a lot

Can anyone provide a link to the space wallpaper linus is using in the video

18 minutes ago, lucwallace said:

This might actually be it. Someone can maybe verify. bGd0jEz.jpg

2 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

Did Linus drop it? Please say he did...

Well, look at my reply and check if it's the real one.

11 hours ago, nicklmg said:

Amazon: 
NCIX: 

LG had one goal with the Gram - make it as light as possible. But did they overlook some other important features in the process?

Wheres the link to ncix and amazon? I cant seem to find it myself.

Can anyone explain the storage on this to me?

What's the benefit of a M.2 SSD in a SATA port, if SATA 3 can already be capped out at the 500MBps mark with traditional (and cheaper) methods?

CPU - Intel Core i5 10600K @ 5GHz @ 1.35v + EK Custom Loop (Evo Supremacy Block, 240mm Copper Radiator, Res/Pump Combo, Mayhem Soft Tubing and Fluid) - GPU - Gigabyte G1 GeForce GTX 1070 - RAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 3200MHz - Mobo - Asus Z490-A Prime - SSD - Samsung 850 120GB - HDD - 2TB WD Black - PSU - EVGA G2 650W Gold - Case - Corsair 680X RGB White with 6 x Corsair LL120 Fans. 

Picture of my System - https://imgur.com/gallery/q27dw2g

2 hours ago, Inkz said:

@nicklmg Why the lack of amazon/ncix links? Is it not out yet?

Nah I just totally spaced out and didn't add them. Doing now.

1 hour ago, nicklmg said:

Nah I just totally spaced out and didn't add them. Doing now.

Thanks Nick.

1 hour ago, Dazza477 said:

What's the benefit of a M.2 SSD in a SATA port, if SATA 3 can already be capped out at the 500MBps mark with traditional (and cheaper) methods?

If it's in a full-sizes SATA 2.5" bay it means you can replace it with an standard sized SSD if you want. And who's to say that that m.2 wasn't the cheapest option for them.

1 hour ago, Dazza477 said:

Just watched the video. Looks like it's not a 2.5" bay.

Watch this video for an explanation of M.2.

tl;dr M.2 is very small. This is a "thin and light" laptop. Do the math.

12 hours ago, nicklmg said:

Lighter than a Chipotle burrito. Or a fifth of Vodka.

Kappa

Don't try this at home, kids.

So you playing some game, Nick? Oh I'll accept it.

(it's lighter than my old EeePC which was one of the lightest laptops out there in 2012)

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

697eb2d1db.jpg

There is no way the an I-GPU can run this benchmark that smooth w/ tessellation, whats the GPU?

I thought it was LG G-Ram and thought LG started making ram for pc's now

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

Ah, I went to Microcenter with a friend to buy a PSU for his parent's PC (Cheap OEM PSU crapped out). They had one of these on display, and wow, it really is super light. It is very flexible as shown in the video, but it's good a good metal feel to it. I personally find it too light to me (I prefer normal size laptops). It is a really interesting product though.

On 6/24/2016 at 6:21 AM, BananaRama said:

I NEED the wallpaper the computer had at 4:05 in the video. Im thanking in advance.

On 6/24/2016 at 6:56 AM, lucwallace said:

allskymilkyway_brunier_big.jpg

Look at the filename for hints on what to search if you want different photographs of the same thing.

On 6/24/2016 at 7:14 AM, BananaRama said:

This might actually be it. Someone can maybe verify. bGd0jEz.jpg

No, that's a nebula.

qVPITqB.png

yErPQVD.png

soo... HEAVEN numbers ? :dry:

screen resolution is 1920x1080p

(you need add that info in numbers to the video)

(and all laptops videos btw)

I keep see Linus saying on the last few laptop reviews. "I wish the power connector was magnetic!"

I can't remember or find another devices beside Apple with this kind of feature. The only thing I did find was Apple owns patent US7311526B2 (I assume they own a similar patent in other countries also). Isn't this the reason why other laptop manufactures don't add this feature? 

CPU: 3770K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU: GTX 1080Ti SLI | Ram: 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | Storage: 2x Samsung 840 pros | Case: Corsair 650D | Cooler:  Corsair H100i with Noctus NF-F12 fans | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q

4 minutes ago, xentric said:

I keep see Linus saying on the last few laptop reviews. "I wish the power connector was magnetic!"

I can't remember or find another devices beside Apple with this kind of feature. The only thing I did find was Apple owns patent US7311526B2 (I assume they own a similar patent in other countries also). Isn't this the reason why other laptop manufactures don't add this feature? 

Microsoft's Surface Devices like the Surface Book, Surface Pro 3 and 4, Surface 3 all use Magnetic charging connectors.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

I see no indication of a GPU. Say one had a gtx 610m, if this one were to crack this thing open (or have someone that does computer repairs for a living that might happen to be related to said one) would it be possible to put said gtx 610m inside said LG gram and unbeknownst to his wife who wants a really light laptop, create an emergency gaming laptop for when said married couple has to visit said men parents who live 9416km (5851 miles) away for a couple of weeks, leaving said man capable of playing games of the online variety.

I realized halfway through that going for a long hypothetical thing was a mistake, but I stuck to it, and I brought it home.

TL;DR

I have a gtx610m lying around and this seems to have no GPU. Can I put it in and play the games I used to play on the laptop it came from?

2 hours ago, ZioSerpe said:

I see no indication of a GPU. Say one had a gtx 610m, if this one were to crack this thing open (or have someone that does computer repairs for a living that might happen to be related to said one) would it be possible to put said gtx 610m inside said LG gram and unbeknownst to his wife who wants a really light laptop, create an emergency gaming laptop for when said married couple has to visit said men parents who live 9416km (5851 miles) away for a couple of weeks, leaving said man capable of playing games of the online variety.

I realized halfway through that going for a long hypothetical thing was a mistake, but I stuck to it, and I brought it home.

TL;DR

I have a gtx610m lying around and this seems to have no GPU. Can I put it in and play the games I used to play on the laptop it came from?

If this has no GPU, how can you see the OS on the screen?

3 hours ago, xnamkcor said:

If this has no GPU, how can you see the OS on the screen?

Cpu graphics?