LG Gram Review

Just me or is it only available in 360p?

No other yt videos are the same for me atm. Perhaps because it was so freshly dropped?

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

2 minutes ago, Atmos said:

Just me or is it only available in 360p?

No other yt videos are the same for me atm. Perhaps because it was so freshly dropped?

Processing.

697eb2d1db.jpg
Is that first line an error? Seems a bit odd 3:55

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ stock for now --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16Gb --- MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Formula --- GPU: MSI Gaming GTX 980ti --- PSU: Corsair AX860i  ---  Storage: Samsung 850 250gb(OS), 3x Western Digital Blue 3tb (one for game and programs, two for media), 3tb WD Green(somewhat backup) and a Crucial M550 120gb SSD (caching games and programs drive)  --- Case: Fractal Define R5 --- Cooler: Corsair H100i with Noctua 2000rpm, Industrial Fans --- OS: Windows 10 --- Monitor: Asus PB298q + AOC l2260SWD --- Mouse: Logitech G502 Spectrum --- Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) Red LED's --- Audio: Audio Engine A2's (yes the originals), Sennheiser HD 58x Jubilee Audio-Technica ATH-AD900x, Audio-Technica ATH-M50x, Ant Lion Mod Mic V4 --- Laptop: Dell XPS 9750 

2 minutes ago, astrosheen said:

697eb2d1db.jpg
Is that first line an error? Seems a bit odd 3:55

Hmm... looks like it was intended to be 2 lines...

I love this laptop! Thank God they aren't Apple, so they put a Core i7 and ports. I just love it.

Also you didn't mention the weight.

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

6 minutes ago, Djole123 said:

Also you didn't mention the weight.

Lighter than a Chipotle burrito. Or a fifth of Vodka.

Kappa

Don't try this at home, kids.

A laptop for those who dont even lift bro.

But in all seriousness I would buy this if I were to choose a laptop.

Recommendation, it should be called the LG Gram 15 review, because there is a 14" model and that can be confusing as well as a 13" model.

16 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

Hmm... looks like it was intended to be 2 lines...

Nah, it's got M.2 SATA RAM xD 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

maxresdefault.jpg

15 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

[Sarcasm]Yeah cos we need super slow 500MB/s RAM instead of 51.2GB/s Like I have :D[/sarcasm]

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

9 minutes ago, ModuleLFS said:

A laptop for those who dont even lift bro.

But in all seriousness I would buy this if I were to choose a laptop.

But it has no touchscreen!!!!!

This is a big no no for me. If a laptop doesn't have a touchscreen then i'm not interested!

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

1 minute ago, AluminiumTech said:

This is a big no no for me. If a laptop doesn't have a touchscreen then i'm not interested!

I'm not used to laptops with touch but I'm guessing you can't go back once you try :D ?

2 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

I'm the opposite, I'd prefer it doesn't have a touchscreen. Added cost for a feature that I question its value.

I'm looking forward to seeing mobile Bristol Ridge based laptops hit the market.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

2 minutes ago, zMeul said:

don't lick the power connector?

I'd say go for it

you first :P

2 minutes ago, ModuleLFS said:

I'm not used to laptops with touch but I'm guessing you can't go back once you try :D ?

It's like a nasty drugs such as Nictoine or Caffeine. Once you're used to it, you can't stop

1 minute ago, wcreek said:

I'm the opposite, I'd prefer it doesn't have a touchscreen. Added cost for a feature that I question its value.

I'm looking forward to seeing mobile Bristol Ridge based laptops hit the market.

Well maybe your choice of Debian has clouded your vision and brought you to the dark side..........

b50e4553e316b1bde84c50c779cb8f4e.jpg

13 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Well maybe your choice of Debian has clouded your vision and brought you to the dark side..........

img-snip

Lol what? I've only used Debian on a VM, and recently it has been giving me some hell. I can't seem to install Guest Additions on my VirtualBox VM of Debian.

I like Debian for the customization options but not sure how it has anything to do with not really caring about touchscreens. But uhmmm okay sure.

Lol what? I've only used Debian on a VM, and recently it has been giving me some hell. I can't seem to install Guest Additions on my VirtualBox VM of Debian.

I like Debian for the customization options but not sure how it has anything to do with not really caring about touchscreens. But uhmmm okay sure.

On Linux, people are less likely to care about a touchscreen cos the Linux Distros are still stuck in the 90s where nobody had touchscreens.

1 minute ago, AluminiumTech said:

On Linux, people are less likely to care about a touchscreen cos the Linux Distros are still stuck in the 90s where nobody had touchscreens.

I primarily use Windows. I just upgraded to Windows 10 recently. Touchscreens are good for phones and tablets but I don't really see their value on a laptop. Okay maybe that's a bit of a lie. I guess I could see some value, I'm just not sure how often I'd use the touchscreen on a laptop. Also touchscreen laptops are like always glossy not semi-gloss or matte. They also cost more too.

I'll probably dual boot Ubuntu, Debian or Fedora on my desktop when I build that, but when I get myself a new laptop that'll just run Windows unless I got a System76 laptop.

I primarily use Windows. I just upgraded to Windows 10 recently. Touchscreens are good for phones and tablets but I don't really see their value on a laptop. Okay maybe that's a bit of a lie. I guess I could see some value, I'm just not sure how often I'd use the touchscreen on a laptop. Also touchscreen laptops are like always glossy not semi-gloss or matte. They also cost more too.

I'll probably dual boot Ubuntu, Debian or Fedora on my desktop when I build that, but when I get myself a new laptop that'll just run Windows unless I got a System76 laptop.

Honestly you could get a Surface for a similar cost. The touch screen on that is really good and the keyboard is.... okay when you get used to it. Once you start using a touchscreen on your laptop its just becomes one of those things you "have" to have. It makes taking notes in class or writing code super easy. Once you get used to a touch screen and integrate it into your workflow it just makes things much simpler.

4 minutes ago, wcreek said:

6 minutes ago, Scatoogle said:

Honestly you could get a Surface for a similar cost. The touch screen on that is really good and the keyboard is.... okay when you get used to it. Once you start using a touchscreen on your laptop its just becomes one of those things you "have" to have. It makes taking notes in class or writing code super easy. Once you get used to a touch screen and integrate it into your workflow it just makes things much simpler.

Eh, I'm looking for a laptop that will cost me $500 to $700, hopefully that has a Bristol Ridge A9 or A12. I guess it's not like I wouldn't get a laptop that has a touchscreen but I would get a laptop just because it has a touchscreen.

Am I the only one who thinks there is a bit of sync error at the very end? (Buying a T-Shirt part.)