Should I buy corsair products?

TheMidnightNarwhal

The reason why I even even consider this question is because they don't have any RMA centers in Canada. So that means I need to pay shipping to the US and custom fees. I will be buying probably a case, fans, keyboard, RAM and CPU cooler. Unless they would pay 2 way ship, I'm worried about getting Corsair products.

I think you should, they are generally very good products, OK you pay for the name but with that name does actually come with quality.

But if it is concerning you then look for another brand that do have RMA centres in Canada

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Depends entirely what you want and for what for.

Corsair products might not be the best solution for you.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

you pay for the name but with that name does actually come with quality.

This ^^

Intel 3770K @ 4.4GHz (Summer) - 4.6GHz (Winter) / Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe / EVGA GTX 680 /w Arctic Twin Turbo II / 16GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1866MHz / Samsung 840 Pro 128GB (Steam) / OCZ Vertex 4 128GB (Boot/Office/Steam) / Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2 (RAID 1, Storage) / Asus Xonar D2X / OCZ 1250W ZX / H80i /w 2 x Gentle Typhoons / Cooler Master HAF X /w Pioneer Blu Ray, Aerocool V12XT, 4 x Cooler Master MegaFlows (Red) / Logitech Z906, G930, G19 & G700

Yes, you should. Corsair have one of the best customer services in the tech world. If you're worried about shipping, ask them for a pre-paid shipping label, you never know they may just give you one.  

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Ive never had a problem with corsair products however even the best companies have screw ups especially with psu's so i would be careful

Their mechanical keyboards are awesome, and all the issues I have seen were solved quickly by Corsair.

Check their forums, they reply within a day or 2 when people post issues.

Buy from a reputable store also, so if there is an issue you can get an exchange or assistance with RMA's.

Ive never had a problem with corsair products however even the best companies have screw ups especially with psu's so i would be careful

Ah yes, fergot to mention also getting PSU from corsair.

The reason why I even even consider this question is because they don't have any RMA centers in Canada. So that means I need to pay shipping to the US and custom fees. I will be buying probably a case, fans, keyboard, RAM and CPU cooler. Unless they would pay 2 way ship, I'm worried about getting Corsair products.

Yes.

Why? --> https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/57023-corsair-customer-service/page-1

GW2: Vettexl.9726

I have a Corsair PSU, H100i and RAM. Had to RMA the  H100i but I gotta say I was impressed. It was back in just 7 days.

Case: 650D CPU: i5 4670K GPU: GTX 770 Gaming @1306MHz Motherboard: MAXIMUS VI Hero PSU: AX760 CPU Cooler: H100i RAM: 8GB Vengeance Pro @1866MHz Storage: 840 250GB SSD / 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14

They are very well reviewed. Im getting one soon so ill be able to better vouche then

I have a Corsair PSU, H100i and RAM. Had to RMA the H100i but I gotta say I was impressed. It was back in just 7 days.

When you had your problem with h100i was it within 30 days of your purchase?

Corsiar PSU's are good and they use (or used to, not sure now) SeaSonic internals which in my opinion is the best PSU manufacturer out there :)

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

They are very well reviewed. Im getting one soon so ill be able to better vouche then

I'm getting a HX series, with a awesome 7 years warranty. So I suppose their PSUs are great.

Personally Corsair support is great and you might be able to get a shipping label if you ask them for it. Currently using their C70 case and their TX650 V2 psu and they have been both good.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I started building my computer piece by piece based on reviews/info/personal preference/looks and 3/4ths of the way through it all noticed basically everything except my mobo and proc were made by Corsair (with zero intention of this happening)....absolutely no regrets.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

Lets say 100 units are made with a 1% defect rate. 1 person got a shitty product.

So lets up that to 10 million units with a 1% defect rate. 100,000 people got shitty products.

You see, shit happens and on a wider scale there seems to be a lot of people getting a not so desired product and I'm sure even 1% is a bit large for a defect rate. Corsair is a respectable company in my eyes so I say go with their "newer" products, Haswell optimized so things run smoother.

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

Corsair has pretty good customer support. Don't worry about shipping, ask them about a prepaid shipping label and then the only cost you need to endure is that of bubble wrap :) I personally am pretty happy with them.

PC in Profile

I have never had a bad Corsair product and from what I hear they have great customer support so I won't get worried if I have a problem. I would definitely recommend Corsair. 

Case: NZXT 810 Switch | CPU: FX-8350 OC'd @ 4.5GHz | Mobo: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GPU: Sapphire HD 7950 Vapor-x | PSU: Rosewill Stallion 700w | Storage: WD Blue 320GB | Cooling: Corsair H80i, 2 140mm and 6 120mm case fans | Peripherals: Microsoft Sidewinder X4 keyboard, Steel Series Sensei mouse, 19" 1440x900 monitor 

i have bought corsair products and have not been disappointed with any of them

The only Corsair product I own is a H60 cooler. My friend owns a ton of corsair products and swears by them.

AMD FX-8320 @ 4.3 ghz | Corsair H60 (Push/Pull)|  8GB Kingston Hyper X DDR3 1.6 ghz | Sapphire HD 7870 Oc'd | Biostar TA970 MOBO OCZ 750w  PSU | 2TB HDD + 120gb Kingston V300 SSD| Coolermaster CM Storm Enforcer Case | SoundBlaster Audigy SE  Windows 7                                                                                      "I am a leaf on the wind, watch me..."   "You know nothing Jon Snauhh" "Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way."

/Steam Profile/Folding@home stats/TekSyndicate Fourms/  \m/  RIP David Gold (1980-2011) \m/ RIP Peter Steele (1962-2010) \m/ RIP Chuck Schuldiner (1967-2001) \m/ RIP Dio (1942-2010) \m/ RIP Cliff Burton (1962-1986) \m/ RIP Dime (1966-2004)

Coolers , RAM , PSUs and cases are fine .

Peripherals such as Keyboards, mice and especially headphones should die in a fire

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 4

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

I have owned many Corsair products and have dealt with their RMA, tech and customer service departments a number of times in the past.  I feel your pain as a fellow Canadian having to pay for one way shipping.  On something like a stick of RAM or mouse it is only a couple of bucks, but a case or keyboard would be much more.  If you do encounter issues and have to RMA a product, give them a call and explain the situation (you bought a lot of products from them) and live in Canada; request a shipping label and a lot of the time they will cover all shipping charges for you.

They covered the shipping charges on my speakers no questions asked as well as an H80 cooler I had to return.  Corsair makes excellent products and back them up with equivalent support.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

Corsair has very good quality products, but they are little overpriced. If your budget isn't problem you can buy their products.

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |