Newegg and Micro Center selling off 980 ti stock in lieu of 1070/1080

goodtofufriday
5 hours ago, goodtofufriday said:

Neweggs ebay store has priced down the EVGA classified to 410 as of last night. Then today on the main site priced down the MSI golden edition to 400$, 370$ with a rebate. 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127912&ignorebbr=1

The MSI Golden edition now shows as $450, or $420 after $30 rebate. :(

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

Lmao. The 980ti is cheaper than a 1070. Ironically it probably has better price/perf now.

- snip-

15 minutes ago, MrDynamicMan said:

Lmao. The 980ti is cheaper than a 1070. Ironically it probably has better price/perf now.

Not here it isn't! xD 980 tis run from the high 700s up to just under $1000.  the 1070 can be had for as "little" as $570 (and that's for the G1 gaming, the highest clocked one on NCIX)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

3 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Not here it isn't! xD 980 tis run from the high 700s up to just under $1000.  the 1070 can be had for as "little" as $570 (and that's for the G1 gaming, the highest clocked one on NCIX)

Do you think the 1070 price will drop in a month or so, when supplies aren't so limited anymore?

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

I like how my GTX 970 is now worth like.... IDK 100$ Good thing I was planning on sticking with it anyway.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

Just checked a few UK shops... 

970 £250

980 £320

980ti £400

I paid £320 for my 970 when it first launched :(

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

God that's interesting. I hope these prices come down to french retailers.

CPU: i7 4790K | MB: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 32Go Hyper X Fury 1866MHz | GPU's: GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Corsair AX 850 | Storage: Vertex 3, 2x Sandisk Ultra II,Velociraptor | Case : Corsair Air 540

Mice: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Headset: Steelseries H wireless

7 hours ago, Delicieuxz said:

Do you think the 1070 price will drop in a month or so, when supplies aren't so limited anymore?

I can't predict the future, but I don't expect any price drops or even any sales beyond $10 or $20 for the first 2 or 3 months at least.  Why would they massively discount a brand new product?  Just doesn't make sense from their perspective.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Hmm. At the same price as the 1070 founders edition, a binned 980 Ti is a pretty alright deal

Also one of the better deals right now (before the RX 480 becomes widely available) is the VisionTek 390 for $250

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/ytp323/visiontek-video-card-900809

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

Soooo $606 AUD 

But if you change the shipping country to Australia the price changes to $1081.

Fuck newegg

Sim Rig:  Valve Index - Acer XV273KP - 5950x - GTX 2080ti - B550 Master - 32 GB ddr4 @ 3800c14 - DG-85 - HX1200 - 360mm AIO

Long Live VR. Pancake gaming is dead.

I am soooooo tempted to get a 980 ti right now....

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

17 hours ago, MrDynamicMan said:

How do those 2 compare? I can get a 980 ti slightly cheaper than a 1070 and wondering which of those 2 should I choose.

1 hour ago, MoonSpot said:

Advice from the pros on this.

omg that's awesome! :D It's like the angel and the devil on your shoulders :P

The price for the Golden Edition was $399 earlier. Plus it had a $30 rebate on top of that.

1 hour ago, MoonSpot said:

God help me...

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

5 hours ago, Pohernori said:

God help me...

Fak me. 

ghryyy.jpg

ffsffs.jpg

UK stores will never do this :( (only overclockers was selling dirt cheap 780ti early this year or last year, I don't remember well).

980ti is either same price or more expensive than 1070 ...

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

On 6/15/2016 at 6:34 AM, ChineseChef said:

If it wasn't for warranty issues, you non-USA folks just need friends in the USA to buy it and ship it to you.  For all these kinds of things with insane prices.

(as an aside, it is "technically" illegal, because you are evading import/export taxes and tariffs)  But they don't go after individuals who aren't profiting off of it or moving a lot of units.

I thought that only applies for selling.  If you buy for personal use or if it is a gift, it should be completely OK I think.

Seems micro center is also slashing prices

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

On 6/14/2016 at 9:40 PM, Delicieuxz said:

The MSI Golden edition now shows as $450, or $420 after $30 rebate. :(

back down to 370 with rebate

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

Really glad I sat out the 9xx series. And with the 480 coming, prices are going to go even lower.

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

12 hours ago, xentropa said:

I thought that only applies for selling.  If you buy for personal use or if it is a gift, it should be completely OK I think.

Sort of, if you buy it for yourself, it's fine.  But if a friend in a different country gives you money, to buy something in your country because it is cheaper, and ship it to him, that is technically tax evasion.  Doing this as a business gets you caught really fast because of export tariffs and such.  And while doing this for a few friends is technically illegal, you are not worth the tax bureau's time.  Now, the legal issues will likely be entirely on the side of the receiver, since you had to pay your taxes when you bought it, and you aren't selling it to your friend, so no export taxes are due on your side.  This assumes they did not give you any extra money for your time, since that would essentially be paying you to handle this transaction.

Geez, many of those 980ti models are cheaper than what I payed for my 980.

On 6/15/2016 at 8:10 PM, MoonSpot said:

Holy crap that is good.

Thank you for that, I had a good laugh.

32 minutes ago, Snadzies said:

Geez, many of those 980ti models are cheaper than what I payed for my 980.

Some of tgem are even going for about the price of 970s, the microcenter near me is selling open box 980tis for $360.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •