The Division player count drops 93% since launch

Well, things are not going well for The Divison, Ubisofts latest excretion.

Ubisoft launched The Division with a huge marketing campaign, and after a few delays and issues with the launch, it was a mostly positive deal for the company with the game making $330 million in its first 5 days of release. Well, The Division's player count has dropped by a huge 93%, with all but 7% of its player base left - Ubisoft really is in the Dark Zone with The Division and its longevity.

According to Githyp, The Division's player count has dropped dramatically on Steam since it launched, with its peak of 2.1 million players. Right now, it's sitting at around 143,000 players, with that being a drop of 93%. It was only 48 hours ago that Ubisoft enabled The Division's "Clear Sky Challenge" mode, and then before that we had the release of Clear Sky.

There are various issues with hacking and exploits, but with only a few hundred thousand people playing - mixed with the reality of 93% of the player base all but abandoning The Division, is the game on life support, and what's Ubisoft's plan for E3 2016?

Source: http://www.tweaktown.com/news/52533/divisions-player-count-dropped-gigantic-93-launch/index.html

Well, Ubi had better get their ducks in a row.

Thoughts?

Moderators: I know we aren't supposed to quote the entire story, but since this one is so short, I figure it doesn't really matter here. Not sure what else I could add to it besides my obligatory point and laugh.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

And then there is this: Only 11% positive reviews lately...

divi.PNG

Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 | Intel i5-6600K@4.6GHz | Asus Maxiumus VIII Hero | G-Skill Trident Z 2X8GB DDR4 3200MHz

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | Fractal Design Kelvin S36 | EVGA SuperNova G2 750W

Acer Predator X34A | Logitech Proteus Spectrum G502 | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown

This must have been a result of the issues with the level cap, once you get to the level cap there isn't much to do. They really should have offered more content or at the very least added more levels. 

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Just more proof of how bad The Division really is.

If you make an MMO then you better keep players hooked. But it isn't really a problem for Ubisoft, since they already got their money's worth out of consumers.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

2 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

I saw this and I immediately thought: good!

Seriously though I am glad they couldn't sell Destiny to PC Gamers, proving we have better standards....mostly.

Destiny is a pretty neat concept.

but flawed execution, horrible balance and appauling vertical "power" structure denies any "new" players to join and succeed.

This is the exact same thing that happened with TItanfall and Watch Dogs. Ubisoft and a lot of modern game publishers are only out to make a very short flashy game to draw a bunch of people in to buy the game on launch. They don't care about long term support because in the long run that will damage their sales for the next game. Especially when they want to bring these games out every year.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

1 minute ago, Prysin said:

Destiny is a pretty neat concept.

but flawed execution, horrible balance and appauling vertical "power" structure denies any "new" players to join and succeed.

MMO with guns? It's neat for a platform starved of MMOs sure, hence the console success: most of my bro friends love it but because they've never touched WoW or anything like it.

Apply the same concept to PC where we already had MMOs with guns...well it's just mediocre here.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Funny, I actually enjoy the game. I guess unlike a lot of gamers I don't spend hours a day playing it, so it doesn't get that repetitive for me.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

-This-is-why-aliens-won39t-talk-to-us-meme-3888.jpg

^^^^UBISOFT GAMES^^^^

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

This happens all the time now.... unfortunately games are much more like movies, see it (progress through/beat it) and it is done.... move on to the next title....

The Black Friday Rig: 

[PCPartPicker part list](https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/QyvH8K)
:----|:----|:----
**CPU** | [Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor] | $280.00 
**CPU Cooler** | [Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler] | $19.99 
**Motherboard** | [Gigabyte GA-Z170X-GAMING 6 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard] | $175.00 
**Memory** | [Kingston FURY 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory] | $94.99 
**Storage** | [Corsair Force LE 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive] | $85.99 
**Storage** | [Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive] | $64.00 
**Video Card** | [Gigabyte Radeon RX 480 8GB G1 Gaming Video Card] | $319.99 
**Case** | [Corsair Carbide 400C ATX Mid Tower Case] | $89.00 
**Power Supply** | [Corsair CXM 650W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply] | $84.99 
**Operating System** | [Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit]| $109.00 
 | *Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts* |
 | **Total** | **$1322.95**
 | Generated by [PCPartPicker](http://pcpartpicker.com) 2016-11-27 18:34 EST-0500 |

1 minute ago, Misanthrope said:

MMO with guns? It's neat for a platform starved of MMOs sure, hence the console success: most of my bro friends love it but because they've never touched WoW or anything like it.

Apply the same concept to PC where we already had MMOs with guns...well it's just mediocre here.

Nah, it was the system of how the game plays out.

Team based (and required to some degree) FPS gaming.

Most modern shooters and MOBAs arent really team based. They are based on individual skill and merits. Sure you can succeed as a TEAM, but in the end individual strength is all that matters. Games are determined by compositions, rather then strategy and group effort.

I must applaud Ubi for trying to bring back some much needed cooperation.

Destiny is horrible if you cannot find a group to play with. It is a atrociously boring and long grind that doesnt end and takes forever due to having to pussyfoot around in order not to die. It is like playing a stealth game without stealth or cover. And yes, i have played it A LOT.

Destiny is what modern shooters should aim to be. Focused on TEAM play. Not just 2-3 people out of 64 bumrushing from base to base playing "the objective" whilst the remaining players battle it out at the nearest bottleneck in hopes of getting a multi-kill.

However Ubi, as is common with Ubi, had no idea what it was doing. It had no effin clue what it had created, and lost touch of it within three months since launch.

38 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

n3rpp.png

This is what happens when your goal is short-term profit.

No content and gimpworks

Honestly I was thinking of picking the game this summer and trying it, but now I'll have to see if I'll have anyone to play with. Can't say I'm surprised. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

well duh, it was so shallow, don't know why people were hyped about it in the first place 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

1 hour ago, Misanthrope said:

On PC Warframe had more content în beta than Destiny had at launch...and it's free2play. Also, who doesn't want to Be a space ninja?Now Warframe is also on PS4, and it keeps getting bigger and bigger updates .

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

2 minutes ago, Nineshadow said:

On PC Warframe had more content în beta than Destiny had at launch...and it's free2play. Also, who doesn't want to Be a space ninja?Now Warframe is also on PS4, and it keeps getting bigger and bigger updates .

I tried getting into that game, just couldn't do it.

Once DOOM is done with me, I plan on getting into either Dark Souls, or Diablo. I want something that will eat up my time lol

5 minutes ago, Nineshadow said:

I was actually thinking of that very game when I made the comment in fact...I should reinstall it in fact.

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 minute ago, Trik'Stari said:

I tried getting into that game, just couldn't do it.

Once DOOM is done with me, I plan on getting into either Dark Souls, or Diablo. I want something that will eat up my time lol

Dark Souls definitely. It's one of the best game I've ever played.

2 minutes ago, Nineshadow said:

Dark Souls definitely. It's one of the best game I've ever played.

But how is it compared to Diablo? I like that Diablo 3 is sort of an MMO

9 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

But how is it compared to Diablo? I like that Diablo 3 is sort of an MMO

It's not like Diablo.

Dark Souls is unique. There's nothing like it. The level design and progression has a Metroidvania influence, there's RPG elements and that's about it. For the rest you'll have to play yourself.

1 minute ago, Nineshadow said:

It's not like Diablo.

Dark Souls is unique. There's nothing like it. The level design and progression has a Metroidvania influence, there's RPG elements and that's about it. For the rest you'll have to play yourself.

oJ8ovQn.gif

......Damnit, I'll have to get both lol

4 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

......Damnit, I'll have to get both lol

This sums Dark Souls pretty well even though it's Zero Punctuation :