RGB or non RGB GPUs?

I've made a comment on one of those GTX1080 videos on youtube by LTT and was hoping to see 3rd party non RGB cards to come out as I don't bother to have any sort of RGB in my case. A sarcastic youtuber approached me (and was being an ass apparently) and told me that removing RGB lighting will not bring down costs to a significant level. 

Would you guys pay extra just for the RGB lighting on your graphics cards or just go for the non RGB ones at a cheaper price? Just wanna hear some thoughts about this. 

I treat my computer as a functional device not something to make look good. Basic cable management is the extent of any extra effort on my part. I don't even have a side panel on my case. But I know some people really get into making there computer look really nice and fair enough, this rgb stuff is defiantly for those who want to make there computer beautiful and colour coded so for those people of course its worth that bit extra.

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

I wouldn't pay extra for rgb lights on my gpu, I wouldn't pay extra for a reference card with a better name also ;)

It depends on the difference in price. If it was only a $5-$10 difference, I'd probably get the RGB card.
If it was over that, I'd probably opt against it. But, I also have a windowed case.
If I didn't have a windowed case, I wouldn't care for RGB at all. 

[CPU: 4.7ghz I5 6600k] [MBAsus Z170 Pro G] [RAM: G.Skill 2400 16GB(2x8)]

[GPU: MSI Twin Frozr GTX 970] [PSU: XFX Pro 850W] [Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo]
[Storage: 500GB WD HDD / 128GB SanDisk SSD ] [Case: DeepCool Tessaract]

[Keyboard: AZIO MGK1] [Mouse: Logitech G303] [Monitor: 2 x Acer 23" 1080p IPS]

I wont go for RGB. Even in a hypothetical scenario where I have a case with a window and a build that looks nice with a color scheme, I wouldn't go for it. I can just buy some LED strip for my case

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

No, If every component in my rig was RGB then my hard drive would be filled with different programs and also programs running in the background for something I'm realistically never going to see often. Also If your graphics card is RGB the fans are down so you won't see them that often unless you have a PCIe extension and have your card vertical with the fans facing out. 

I would hate to have an RGB GPU...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, GamerGuyEbby said:

No, If every component in my rig was RGB then my hard drive would be filled with different programs and also programs running in the background for something I'm realistically never going to see often. Also If your graphics card is RGB the fans are down so you won't see them that often unless you have a PCIe extension and have your card vertical with the fans facing out. 

especially since now every manufacturer is making their own software that works only with their LED hardware

(except asus and darkside, i think those two are making compatible stuff)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

17 minutes ago, leoncarbon said:

I've made a comment on one of those GTX1080 videos on youtube by LTT and was hoping to see 3rd party non RGB cards to come out as I don't bother to have any sort of RGB in my case. A sarcastic youtuber approached me (and was being an ass apparently) and told me that removing RGB lighting will not bring down costs to a significant level. 

Would you guys pay extra just for the RGB lighting on your graphics cards or just go for the non RGB ones at a cheaper price? Just wanna hear some thoughts about this. 

NO! WHy would you ever buy an RGB GPU! THis is insane

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

especially since now every manufacturer is making their own software that works only with their LED hardware

(except asus and darkside, i think those two are making compatible stuff)

Holy shit, this is so true. The RGB gimmick is also one of the tactics manufacturers love doing and forces their users to buy into their ecosystem of RGBs. I kinda wish people can use a RGB Corsair keyboard while automatically syncing with a Razer Deathadder Chroma mouse. 

As enderman pointed out - other then looking super tacky it also creates the need for more pointless software

CPU: 6700k 4.6Ghz GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X MB: MSI Gaming M5 PSU: Evga 750 G2 Case: Phanteks EVOLV 

I wouldn't pay even 5$ for RGB, paying more for something that I have to actively turn off would just annoy me.

10 minutes ago, Megahurt said:

I wouldn't pay even 5$ for RGB, paying more for something that I have to actively turn off would just annoy me.

I've spent a great deal of money on a Blackwidow Chroma and a Deathadder Chroma. I regretted it slightly. I should have went for a Blackwidow X Ultimate with Cherry MX Blue keys instead. Because the RGB lighting doesn't really mean much to me nowadays. I left it on spectrum cycling while syncing with my mouse 99% of the time.