Elon Musk: "We Are Most Likely Living In Someone Else's Video Game"

minibois

If this is a game, it kind of sucks. No superpowers, JRPG girls, Force powers, nothing! I don't think it will sit high on metacritic. But nothing a few patches can't fix. 

At least Physx works most of the time, without framerate hits. Learn something NV! 

6 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

LOL yea! Shame most people here are too young to know the show (or in a location that never got a chance to see it).

But to be frank they haven't missed much . Even by 90s standard, that was... different. I watched at least half episodes. (This was supposed to be size 7 with a ninja emoticon but phone). :(

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

We could also say: "The meteorite that killed dinosaurs was actually alien ship containing people and that's where we come from" pfffff.

The only believable part of this topic is "we won't be able to tell the difference between game and reality"

Everything else is a fantasy and pure speculation. 

At the end we find out we know nothing about our lives and it gets so confusing and complicated that any idea that favours our view of the world must be truth ! ....

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

The matrix is real. Illuminati are the overlord!

/s

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

2 hours ago, Bouzoo said:

If this is a game, it kind of sucks. No superpowers, JRPG girls, Force powers, nothing! I don't think it will sit high on metacritic. But nothing a few patches can't fix. 

At least Physx works most of the time, without framerate hits. Learn something NV! 

But to be frank they haven't missed much . Even by 90s standard, that was... different. I watched at least half episodes. (This was supposed to be size 7 with a ninja emoticon but phone). :(

Of all the simulation we could have been born in, we got born in the one that doesn't have Pokémon, Digimon, superpowers, but at least we got born in one with shitty movies and games :D 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

20 minutes ago, Minibois said:

Of all the simulation we could have been born in, we got born in the one that doesn't have Pokémon, Digimon, superpowers, but at least we got born in one with shitty movies and games :D 

Even worse, imagine if those existed, but you get none! You're a normal person in a world of Star Wars. Digimon? You don't get one. I know we're past Total War, Age of Mithology and Red Dead Redemption, but maybe we can still live in Mass Effect or Borderlands. Ok, I know it's awesome, but I don't want to live BO. Maybe Infinite Warfare is better. Ok ok, I'm joking, here's to Starcraft and Unreal Tournament. Boy do I know how to pick them. 

Maybe in a FF, that would be neat. Totally because of... story, yeah, totally because of story. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

It's nice to know that even guys like Musk have their "senior" moments.  Mortality is a bitch to deal with sometimes:  the smarter you are, the more it hurts to think about.  Musk tries to provide services and products to enrich the lives of millions of people.  Fucker is going to go nuts one day.  :|

Look its like inception but instead of dreams its just simulations SO

Original Humans - create technology to create a simulation of earth complete with fully functioning AI that have complete thought independence

Simulation 1 - develops over time, create technology to create a simulation of earth complete with fully functioning AI that have complete thought independence 

Simulation 2.... ok you catch my drift

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

11 hours ago, Commander Llama said:

Well yeah, aren't we God's video game? Hmm, I think it stopped playing though... From the state of the world we're probably something kinda average, like The Sims 3.

Or Saints Row 4. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

6 minutes ago, Quibiss said:

Breaking news, Elon Musk said a thing.

k15Icaa.gif

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 hour ago, ShadowCaptain said:

Original Humans - create technology to create a simulation of earth complete with fully functioning AI that have complete thought independence

Simulation 1 - develops over time, create technology to create a simulation of earth complete with fully functioning AI that have complete thought independence 

So if we live in a simulation, maybe the creators live in a simulation of their own, and they're trying to figure out where they came from.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

1 minute ago, Godlygamer23 said:

So if we live in a simulation, maybe the creators live in a simulation of their own. 

Quite possibly Aliens

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I always wondered why the world around me was so unfair, bastard god again abusing the console commands and forgetting half of earths population.

Sick bastard.

let us all remember now and today, computers do not like abuse, they will fight back!

Old Skool KILLBOX. XEON E5640 4.0ghz / ASUS P6X58D-E ~ Noctua NH-L12 ~ eVGA GTX 670 SC 2GB 1312/7000 ~ 4TB 7200 RPM RAID0 ~ CoolerMaster Haf 922 ~ DELL P214H 23" 1080 IPS 2ms ~ HP w2007v 1680x1050. Now Playing: Splinter Cell OG XBOX / CSGO PC

Original XBOX - Xecuter 2 4981.67 Bios. Playstation 2 Slim SCPH-70002. Sega Dreamcast. N64

2 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

So if we live in a simulation, maybe the creators live in a simulation of their own, and they're trying to figure out where they came from.

:o

let us all remember now and today, computers do not like abuse, they will fight back!

Old Skool KILLBOX. XEON E5640 4.0ghz / ASUS P6X58D-E ~ Noctua NH-L12 ~ eVGA GTX 670 SC 2GB 1312/7000 ~ 4TB 7200 RPM RAID0 ~ CoolerMaster Haf 922 ~ DELL P214H 23" 1080 IPS 2ms ~ HP w2007v 1680x1050. Now Playing: Splinter Cell OG XBOX / CSGO PC

Original XBOX - Xecuter 2 4981.67 Bios. Playstation 2 Slim SCPH-70002. Sega Dreamcast. N64

1 hour ago, ShadowCaptain said:

Inception, what a great film that was. 

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

4 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Inception, what a great film that was. 

Nolan is a fine director

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

The assumption that it is even possible to have games that are indistinguishable from reality is not treated with the caution it deserves.

It is a huge assumption.

6 minutes ago, LukeTim said:

The assumption that it is even possible to have games that are indistinguishable from reality is not treated with the caution it deserves.

It is a huge assumption.

It's a huge assumption, but seems very plausible with the rapid improvement of technology over the year 35 years.

1 minute ago, Minibois said:

It's a huge assumption, but seems very plausible with the rapid improvement of technology over the year 35 years.

Have you ever binged played a game?

Scientist's do the same thing with life.  The more we know, the more we can know.  Monkey's got a new set of tools... and BAM technological advancement.

3 minutes ago, Minibois said:

I'm talking about possibility... not time frames.

If it is not possible, then it doesn't matter how much technology you've got, it will never happen.

3 minutes ago, LukeTim said:

I'm talking about possibility... not time frames.

If it is not possible, then it doesn't matter how much technology you've got, it will never happen.

It's possible.

11 minutes ago, stconquest said:

It's possible.

How do you know it is?

8 minutes ago, LukeTim said:

How do you know it is?

A not so simple (as of yet) means to mimic sensory input directly to the brain.  Your brain does not care where the input is coming from.  As long as one of the five (or all five) of your senses can be properly mimicked, your brain will not care whether or not it is coming from your body or a machine.