So how many knew about it ?(access WiFi without password)

Richard Stark

As seen in the video .......

I literally just came to know about it and I am stunned ...

I mean u can easily access friends WiFi without asking for the password....

Sorry if u guys knew it already but you learn something new everyday so i guess

(Need to learn a lot of things ???)

you need PHYSICAL ACCESS to the router...

this button is for attaching wireless printers and stuff

obviously if you can touch the router then you can also plug an ethernet cable into it

or look on the bottom and get the password to access the configuration page and find the wifi password

this is not a way to get into other people's wifi who you dont know very well, like a neighbour

oh and btw if your friends refuse to give you their wifi password you need to get some new friends

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

It's called WPS and it's a weak point for most routers out there (Google "WPS security flaw")

It's really nothing new.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

5 minutes ago, Enderman said:

obviously if you can touch the router then you can also plug an ethernet cable into it

or look on the bottom and get the password to access the configuration page and find the wifi password

this is not a way to get into other people's wifi who you dont know very well, like a neighbour

oh and btw if your friends refuse to give you their wifi password you need to get some new friends

Well a good friend just has a guest network set up without any need to access a secured wireless network.  But whatev's

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

6 minutes ago, Enderman said:

This is the correct answer but I would just like to point out that some clever people can abuse the WPS protocol and dont always need physical access to the router to get connected. So if you dont use it, disable it.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

6 minutes ago, Enderman said:

I mean I am not into some McDonalds WiFi or something , I just can access WiFi of My neighbors if I want to coz they have no idea about this..........

2 minutes ago, Richard Stark said:

I mean I am not into some McDonalds WiFi or something , I just can access WiFi of My neighbors if I want to coz they have no idea about this..........

so you're gonna break into your neightbour's house, press the WPS button on their router, just to steal their wifi??

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

so you're gonna break into your neightbour's house, press the WPS button on their router, just to steal their wifi??

Lol.......I can still go to their house on some ocassions and get access to it. ...........................just play it cool

Well this thread was "who knew about it already " and I guess everyone does !!!???

Lol.......I can still go to their house on some ocassions and get access to it. ...........................just play it cool

you go into your neighbours house?

you're weird lol

either way you should just ask them, not steal it from them

Spoiler

Huh, nothing new. I've been connecting such way since like 2011 so...

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

you go into your neighbours house?

you're weird lol

either way you should just ask them, not steal it from them

Well it was just an idea .....not like I am really gonna do it .............

BTW ,I am happy with my home WiFi ............just wanted to let those fellas know who didn't knew about it already ....

1 minute ago, Richard Stark said:

Well it was just an idea .....not like I am really gonna do it .............

BTW ,I am happy with my home WiFi ............just wanted to let those fellas know who didn't knew about it already ....

people who would want to break into a wifi network they dont own will also not have access to the router

so....yeah not really useful

there are better ways of brute forcing wifi networks

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

people who would want to break into a wifi network they dont own will also not have access to the router

so....yeah not really useful

there are better ways of brute forcing wifi networks

Can u define "brute forcing WiFi networks "

Can u define "brute forcing WiFi networks "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Password_cracking

In cryptanalysis and computer security, password cracking is the process of recovering passwords from data that have been stored in or transmitted by a computer system. A common approach (brute-force attack) is to try guesses repeatedly for the password and check them against an available cryptographic hash of the password.[1]

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Enderman said:

OK m8 ,this has gone way too way. ..I totally agree it is not that useful but it is still convinient to use it to let others access your WiFi without telling them the password ...............temporarilily .............I hope u get my point ....not into hardcorr stuff but just for casual purposes ....

52 minutes ago, Richard Stark said:

Not if they have it disabled. I always disable WPS when ever I set a router up. Just saying.....

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

53 minutes ago, Richard Stark said:

FYI, depending on where you live this might be illegal, I know in some jurisdiction you can't even legally connect to an open WiFi network!

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2007/05/michigan-man-arrested-for-using-cafes-free-wifi-from-his-car/

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !