So what's wrong with micro-USB?

TopWargamer

I don't get it, a lot of you guys on here seem to hate micro-USB, why? I don't get what's so bad about it. 

COMIC SANS

Durability like Linus has mentions for many times. The thing breaks easily

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

The issues range from a poor locking mechanism to the fact that it tends to break after a relatively small number of insertions. It's just kinda flimsy I guess. Personally I'm happy so long as the device has some form of USB at all *looks at Apple*.

it's not robust enoguht.. that tiny connector can easily break, and its also not as fast as it would be with USB 3.0.. implement that on a smartphone with micro USB and im sure Linus will be happy :D

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

It generally breaks very quickly, within the lifespan of the product, my phones connector broke after a year..

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

The fact that it ain't reversible and at night easy to break if plugged in wrong..

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

I don't know either, I have never had a problem with it.

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Durability like Linus has mentions for many times. The thing breaks easily

I've never had this problem, and I've been using micro-USB cables for a couple years now (because of phones). 

Maybe you guys should just be more careful with your cables? Because not 1 micro-USB cable has broken on me. 

COMIC SANS

it's not robust enoguht.. that tiny connector can easily break, and its also not as fast as it would be with USB 3.0.. implement that on a smartphone with micro USB and im sure Linus will be happy :D

LG G2 and Samsung Note 3 are the only phones (to my knowledge) that have micro-USB 3.0 connectors. 

COMIC SANS

I've never had this problem, and I've been using micro-USB cables for a couple years now (because of phones). 

Maybe you guys should just be more careful with your cables? Because not 1 micro-USB cable has broken on me. 

They tend to break easily due to bending and use over and over for data transfer and charging. When you use it for uploading and downloading files on to a phone, they can wear more easlity and quickly. You must have had a very well built cable to live that long. Most generic cables and one sold have a bad constusction and tend to break after some time. More durable cables tend to have a premium and can sometimes break just as the same rate with generics.

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

LG G2 and Samsung Note 3 are the only phones (to my knowledge) that have micro-USB 3.0 connectors. 

exactly what I mean.. not enough phones do have micro USB 3.0 connectors.. that would somewhat put the unreliability into the background.. atleast for me

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

They tend to break easily due to bending and use over and over for data transfer and charging. When you use it for uploading and downloading files on to a phone, they can wear more easlity and quickly. You must have had a very well built cable to live that long. Most generic cables and one sold have a bad constusction and tend to break after some time. More durable cables tend to have a premium and can sometimes break just as the same rate with generics.

I'm just using whatever micro-USB cables are lying around, and they all came from phones. So it's not like I'm using some kind of special cable. Again, I think the problem is that you guys who keep breaking them need to be more careful with your cables. 

COMIC SANS

In fairness my current one has lasted 18 months, but it's not what it used to be, its really loose now.

It's more the fear of its impending doom that annoys me.

I'm just using whatever micro-USB cables are lying around, and they all came from phones. So it's not like I'm using some kind of special cable. Again, I think the problem is that you guys who keep breaking them need to be more careful with your cables. 

I personally take care but they tend to break. Especially the ones which run from AC directly to Micro-USB.

In fairness my current one has lasted 18 months, but it's not what it used to be, its really loose now.

Looser over time....18 months....this sounds SOOOO wrong....

I'm gentle with my connectors, so nothing in my opinion... It can be fragile in the wrong hands though.

Corsair 900D | MSI MPower Max Z87 AC | i7-4790K @ 4.7Ghz | 1080 Ti SLI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 
XSPC Raystorm | EK-FC Nickel GPU block/backplate | 2x Alphacool UT60 480mm & XT45 240mm | 11x Linus Edition NF-F12
Schiit Modi/Magni 2 Uber | 5" KRK Rokit G3 | KRK 10S2 | Acer Predator X34 | Dell S2716DG

I'm definitely not gentle with them and have never broken a decent one. The problem is people buy really cheap cables, and what do you expect? I've had good experiences with cheap ones as well though, but have seen really bad ones at the same time. I've used the same MicroUSB cable for over two years to charge my phone at night and it still has the nice locking click when I plug the cable in every thing. It is the cable that came with my Droid X when I got it so it has the little tag on it right near the end of the plug which I use at late night to be able to tell how to plug it in without looking.

My car charger is godawful but was also like $4, and just been too lazy to replace it. Doesn't lock in at all and it quite loose but still essentially works.

Many of my friends have iPhones and use the new connector and have burnt through more cables since the it has been out then I have in 3 years. Only advantage I've seen is it's reversible.

I pretty much only buy from Amazon and have purchased/suggested these: http://amzn.com/B004GF8TIK to many friends. Only buy directly from or fulfilled by Amazon to make sure you get the actually high quality cable. 

On top of that, I've never had a connector in a device actually go bad. Could be lucky but I kind of doubt that. Been using them since Blackberry Storm, Droid, Droid X, Galaxy Nexus, along with the GF pretty much following the same line of phones with no issues.

#1 reason = linus hates it so most people here hate it

#2 it legitimately sucks, breaks very easily.

#3 Mini Usb is actually THAT much better.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------