The NEW Top Gear is terrible, hope The Grand Tour delivers thread

Master Disaster
4 minutes ago, TheMcSame said:

Just got done with Episode 2 of Top Gear, a big improvement over the first episode, but I still have more faith in the GT trio at this point. There's still a lot of improvements to be made to Top Gear.

Agreed, it was much better than Ep 1 but still not as good as old TG. TG Extra was fucking dreadful though, 5 mins of Chris crying over a car then 20 mins worth of interviews? Did they deliberately Jeff it after last week? 

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

*nerf not Jeff, autocorrect fail :P

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

The car bit at the start was boring, and so memorable I can't even remember what it was. This isn't a new Top Gear problem, it would have been as boring with Clarkson, but with a minor difference. I like the sound of Clarkson's voice. Chris... doesn't do it for me. The challenge at the end was ok and I can't even recall the middle. Haven't seen extra yet.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Just finished the 2nd episode, and honestly it was better than the first ep, but few things were still annoying. Please stop the new celebrity car voting, it's really annoying, and stop with "And on that Bombshell" and then "No no no, we don't do that anymore". The show was fine and all, but that Bombshell bit at the end ruined it a lot for me. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Second episode was better. but there were still some issues with it

first, the Star in a Reasonably Priced (Rally)car. the chatting was much better this time, but the voting for best car bit was terrible. again badly executed. if they're gonna keep doing this then I'll have to just skip it. 

the beginning when they wheel in Evans in a gurney. the most cringe part of the entire episode. 

and please stop with the bits about "we don't do that anymore". stop trying to be the old trio!

now onto to the decent parts: the SUV challenge. much better than the last episode's by a mile. especially the cocktail challenge. also liked that they brought in Eddie Jordan to participate, along with those music artists i don't know an inkling about. 

and in addition the segment with Jenson Button. the guy's absolutely mental! least that shut Evans up for a short while. 

as an aside i checked out Extra gear. bit saddened Harris wasn't there but the rest of the episode was pretty good. getting to see Eddie talk a bit more is always nice. 

Actually enjoyed this episode more than the previous one, I felt like they weren't trying to prove something. Didn't like the Irish guy though.

As for extra gear, I preferred the first episode; the lack of the second presenter stifled the banter.

Still think that Chris should be a secondary presenter (ie: does the interviews and the occasional segment) and someone who's more sedate being the main guy.

7 minutes ago, TheMcSame said:

I'm dead. xD

7 minutes ago, TheMcSame said:

I swear he was boasting about the amount of overnight viewings last week.

He was, it's on the previous page. 

Pretty funny that Sundays Antiques Roadshow had more viewers than Top Gear with 4.4 million, the same amount of viewers that the first episode managed.  

Also consider that last season the old boys managed 6.5 million viewers and 6.42 million overnight viewers for episodes 1 & 2 where as new top gear only managed 4.4 million and 2.8 million for episodes 1 & 2.

By any measure new Top Gear is worse than old Top Gear. 

Can it get better? Will the BBC have time to allow it to get better?

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

21 minutes ago, porina said:

I think most of us fans have accepted the imminent doom of Top Gear.

Im going to give it a fair shot and watch Season 1 however I'm not expecting a second season, at least not in its current form anyway. 

C'mon GRAND TOUR! 

31 minutes ago, porina said:

it'll take a while until there's some chemistry in the show. but there's still some issues they absolutely need to address 

52 minutes ago, porina said:

Very unlikely for this season of it. Since they have recorded everything already.

Will there be a season after this? Likely so. Since the Top Gear branding still have a very large following.

From what I have read everywhere, it seems that Evans is the problem that everyone has with the show, they understand that people need to have the chemistry form over time.  My opinion is that Evans is whiny and trying too be like Clarkson but not doing the old show.  Haven't watched second episode yet, but this is from the first episode and the response from people on the second

Just finished wathing the first series. My god it is so cringey. And ffs Chris Evan, less of the shouting please. 

this isn't about the Amazon reboot with the old TopGear crew is it?.

Never heard of a reboot of topgear by BBC or the new cast.

System:
CPU: I7-3610QM @ 2.3 GHz | Motherboard: something with chips | RAM: 8 Gb of something | GPU: AMD HD 7600M | Case: Something made out of plastic | Storage: Toshiba MQ01ABD075 750GB | PSU: something external | Display(s): something glowing | Cooling: jet engine | Keyboard: hama something | Mouse: Logitech something | Sound: Traktor Kontrol S2 as soundcard, AKG K500 Headphones | Operating System: Windoof 10

On 6/6/2016 at 0:29 PM, porina said:

The challenge at the end was ok and I can't even recall the middle. Haven't seen extra yet.

Reliant robins would have happened but the USA vs UK would have not...not enough failures or rolling over either...it was like they magically put stablisers on them :( 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

I gave new Top Gear a chance but I won't watch it for the same reasons why I don't watch american, aussie, german, or whatever other flavors of Top Gear there are. It's just too BORING.