AMD R2-290X no dvi-i to vga? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

lhikary
Go to solution Solved by lhikary,

god someone tell me what i saw on linus video is not true
no dvi capable to vga ;_; I DIDNT PLAN FOR A NEW MONITOR UNTILL I BUY THE GPU FIRST
anyone can tell me a way arond it ? if theres no awy whatsoever and amd wont put a dvi-i port then im screwed :(((((((((((

or can i install the gpu and use the motherboard vga port?

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.

you can always get an hdmi to vga or displayport to vga adapter.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

If you but R9-290x and use VGA, Linus will come And tell you a little story... :P

P.s you can buy these adapters from ebay for like 2€ :)

This.

Seriously, priorities bro. Monitor THEN GPU of awesomeness. 

Also, the red lines illuminate? Seriously? Called it! That is so fricking awesome! :D

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

you can always get an hdmi to vga or displayport to vga adapter.

that wont work

hdmi is digital, vga analoge, same for displayport. you need an active 70 dollar adapter for it to work, and at high latency

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

that wont work

hdmi is digital, vga analoge, same for displayport. you need an active 70 dollar adapter for it to work, and at high latency

HDMI adapter my mistake, and $70 is a rather large exaggeration. 

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

HDMI adapter my mistake, and $70 is a rather large exaggeration. 

it was when i looked for one, when i tried to hook up my xbox to my old monitor.

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Why the hell would you use VGA...yuck

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

Why on earth would you be using a monitor on VGA if you were buying such a card in the first place? 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

its about bloody time we have already moved to 1080p we are going to be moving to 4k soon how dont u have a monitor that uses hdmi or dvi yet wtf

I wouldn't say we will have 4k "soon" A early stage 4k monitor costs around $3400 right now so i would say we are far from mainstream. If that's what you where trying to say.

ehh u do know u can just wait for another vendor to make one that works with a VGA adapter

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

If you're spending 500-600$ on a graphics card and youre still using vga... I believe thats what linus would say xD

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I wouldn't say we will have 4k "soon" A early stage 4k monitor costs around $3400 right now so i would say we are far from mainstream. If that's what you where trying to say.

yea and only a couple months ago it was like 18k for one prices are rapidly reducing linus has said we will have 4k faster than expected due to the rapid price drops on 4k not necessarily saying it will be mainstream but attainable by enthusiast for like $1200 -$1500 relatively soon and he should have a 1080p monitor by now i bought a tn panel back when it was $400 for one that was fairly low end too. 

This.

Seriously, priorities bro. Monitor THEN GPU of awesomeness. 

Also, the red lines illuminate? Seriously? Called it! That is so fricking awesome! :D

That illuminating Red line is only reason why i would buy reference cooler. Light even pulses!

First, that might still change come later when the final product gets released, however unlikely that will be. Second, there is a way around. Using a HDMI to VGA adapter. Third, for the love of god go buy a cheap Korean 1440p monitor or something. They're like $150

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

that card can push 1440p at 60FPS and you want to force it to push 720p?

thats a crime against humanity. 

Buy a cheap 1080p monitor (Dell had one a day ago for $180 and you got a $100 Dell gift card) and THEN buy the 290X or just get the 280X to begin with

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

I'm still torn if I should buy the 290x right away or wait for the new AMD Cpus and update the whole rig :/

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

god someone tell me what i saw on linus video is not true

no dvi capable to vga ;_; I DIDNT PLAN FOR A NEW MONITOR UNTILL I BUY THE GPU FIRST

anyone can tell me a way arond it ? if theres no awy whatsoever and amd wont put a dvi-i port then im screwed :(((((((((((

or can i install the gpu and use the motherboard vga port?

If you're using vga why are you not still rocking an 8800GT?

Ofcouse, use 100 $ monitor with 600$ GPU ;D

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

R.I.P. my 4 year old LG FLATRON W1934s 1440x900 @75hz ;_;

as a nvidia fan i shall go and smash my head to the wall for giving away $400 for charity ;_:

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.

If you're using vga why are you not still rocking an 8800GT?

had a xfx 9600gt 1gb

To me it's not an issue, my PC monitors are DVI and VGA so have no issue there and that's the PC I'd install the new graphics card in. My home server uses VGA but it's a "server" so why would I install a graphics card in that, I'll stick with onboard for that :P

Main PC: i7 3770k @ 4.2Ghz Corsair H100i V2 | MSI GD65-Z77A | NZXT Tempest 410 Elite | MSI 1080Ti Gaming | Corsair Vengeance 4x4GB @ 1600Mhz | 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | Seagate 2TB | Corsair RM650x