Am i the only one that's not hyped about star citizen?

Air tree

I mean ever since i found out about the game i have been seeing a over amount of hype for it and to be honest i'm not hyped about it at all.

I mean i might pick up the $40 dollar pledge just to see how it plays but people spending $200-$1000 (Before release mind you) Is mind blowing to me at least.

Talk below on how you feel about the game and your feelings on it.

I too am not all that hyped, which I think is good because usually hype and excitement leads to disappointment, at least in my experience. I might buy it on release.

I'm not into space sims though, which is probably why I'm not all that excited about it.

No. Haven't cared much but considered backing it a couple of times. Might still do

GW2: Vettexl.9726

I heard its a MMO. And I have no interest in MMOs other than Blade and Soul...

CoolerMaster CM 690 II Basic | Intel i7-2600 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 2x Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition

Asus P8Z77-V LK | 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | SeaSonic M12ii 850W 80+ Bronze Crucial M4 128GB

No. Haven't cared much but considered backing it a couple of times. Might still do

I see you're running 2x 7870s on 16x/4x ?

CoolerMaster CM 690 II Basic | Intel i7-2600 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 2x Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition

Asus P8Z77-V LK | 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | SeaSonic M12ii 850W 80+ Bronze Crucial M4 128GB

I see you're running 2x 7870s on 16x/4x ?

I got lazy, need to figure out about what to do with that :P

Either way I'm doing more folding than gaming at the moment so it doesn't concern me as much, though I am looking for future updates for the rig itself.

GW2: Vettexl.9726

I am not hyped because I am not paying much attention to it. 

The idea that I have to buy ships ... kinda bothers me. Mind you, I do not consider that Pay to Win so long as I cannot lose a ship I bought and I can upgrade through lengthy playing anyway. 

The whole game, from what I have heard, sounds pretty sweet. 

Completely dynamic universe?
FPS style gameplay when boarding ships?

Basically, what I have heard is that it will basically be like Star Wars: Galaxies MMO. 

In that MMO, you did not have to "do everything". There were merchants who played the game solely for being a merchant. Who never touched combat and only did the "buying/selling/mercantile" job in the game. Because the game was so expansive and that is all they wanted to do. There were city builders who traveled from planet to planet building infrastructure for players. There were hunters, people who acquired various resources from animals to sell to merchants.

You get the idea. The economy was massive and verbose. The servers shutdown some time ago, but it was QUITE the amazing thing to see. A sort of "real world simulation of the Star Wars universe". Less of a game, more of a life-style. But, strangely, in a good way. 

That is what I am expecting Star Citizen to become inevitably. So expansive that such things like people doing their career (such as hunting, being a merchant, or a infrastructure builder, etc) and nothing else is possible. The ultimate form of role-playing, because the game does not require you to be good at everything to succeed simply because you would literally have to play 24/7 for that to happen. 

If it lives up to those expectations, I will love the game. Mind you, I never played Star Wars: Galaxies, but I have heard a lot about it. I get this from an article I read regarding it. 

Personally, I would want to be a pirate in Star Citizen. Raid other vessels for a living. Take out contracts on people. General cloak and dagger stuff if possible combined with some ship to ship battle. Maybe even some snoop and poop (you sneak around and sabotage people while stealing information). 

It would be sweet. But I will wait and see. With Star Citizen's "module" format for updates, I can expect this type of stuff to exist eventually. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

the game looks nice. and cool and ill probobly buy it 

but it is going to come out only in a year and half

The hype surrounding this game, is partly due to people who played wing commander and freelancer when young. They are now grown up and jumping at the nostalgia. I know that's one of the reasons I'm excited for the game, we also know what to expect from these games. Plus it's a PC game designed for the PC with the promise to push hardware to new levels.

I see and understand why a lot of people who didn't grow up with these games don't get the hype or willingness to spend hundreds on it.

In my opinion, Star Citizen can be compared to Half Life 3, except it's real, and it's happening. Similar to people who never played half life won't understand the hype behind half life 3.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

If you aren't a fan of space sims then obviously it wouldn't intrigue you, but the matter of fact is - hundreds and thousands out there, including me, are.

This is a space simulator, think of it as living the second life, except now in a world of Star Wars and shit. With Oculus Rift it is almost a dream come true for many of us.

I'm excited to see what it looks like, but I'm 5921341234x more excited for "titanfall"

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I'm excited to see what it looks like, but I'm 5921341234x more excited for "titanfall"

That game looks awesome. I will definitely be playing it. 

I just wish the animations were not so unpolished looking. Aside from that, it looks hella fun.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

That game looks awesome. I will definitely be playing it. 

I just wish the animations were not so unpolished looking. Aside from that, it looks hella fun.

its not gonna get released til spring 2014 so maybe theyll change stuff :P

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I was hyped for it at first, then I started loosing my attention for it. There's not much I can say about it until I see more of the game, every time I see them showcase the game, it's the same "in game rendered" trailer, over and over again, just cut differently. 

So until I see more than just this hangar more, I have nothing much to say about this game. 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

Get it on steam, and i'll be hyped.

AMD Phenom II x4 955 - Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 - XFX HD7870 CORE - 60 GB OCZ Agility 3 - 1 TB Western Digital Green - 1 TB Hitachi DeskStar

OCZ ModXstream 600W - 16 GB Corsair XMS3 - Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus - Logitech G110 - Speedlink Kudos - Sennheiser HD 518

Steam The reason I am still alive Dark Theme

I guess not everybody are hyped on simulator games, but i am, so im exited! :D  

Intel Core i7-3770K @ 4.9GHz |--| Gigabyte Z77X-UP7 |--| 16GB Crucial BalisitX Elite @ 1600MHz |--| Sapphire + Gigabyte HD 7990 in Quad CrossfireX @ 1,100MHz |--| Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD |--|  2x Seagate Momentus XT 750 GB HDDs in Raid0 |--| CoolerMaster V1200 Platinum |--| Corsair Obsidian 750D

"There is no heaven or afterlife for broken-down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." - Stephen Hawking

I like the idea of Star Citizen but am not sure I will play it,  the last game that I played with  space combat was Star Wars Galaxy with the jump to light speed expansion pack.  But what I seen so far Star Citizen looks a lot better even now.

Cry Havoc!

I am a bit hyped about it, expect it to be a good game technically, remains to be seen if it will be fun to play. If it disappoints me later then so be it, life goes on... But I don't mind getting a bit hyped for it at this point. That's part of the fun.

For some reason I don't have the inclination of wanting to download these early-build modules (like the hangar module) and discover the game piece by piece. I am not a play-tester. I want to experience it when it's done, a fully realized creative vision of a living breathing universe. If I check out all these little bits and pieces now one by one then my immersion-factor and the wow-factor later will be killed. I won't be able to just jump into the universe and discover it for the first time in all it's glory. Which for me is part of the fun of science-fiction...

Last time I played anything like this was Star Wars Rogue Squadron for the N64. I loved that game.

I never played WC, I don't have nostalgia, but the idea of a PC game that is designed to really be a PC game from the ground up, push the limits of graphics, that is what has me excited, so I'll probably end up backing it very soon. Just as soon as I can figure out which ship I want.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

Holy shit, that just took the spot above BF4 for me, i can already envision this game being absolutely stunning with the Oculus Rift

tbh, i game looks good. but i dont believe that it is worth my time. the game play looks very slow phased.

I'm not hyped at all as I don't play games like star citizen so I couldn't care less about the game but hey if you are into that kinda game great