The BIGGEST patience test that you will ever be able to take in your life!

12 minutes ago, DEcobra11 said:

A computer doesn't get weaker by seating though :P

Maybe the thermal paste dried up and it overheats (or just too much dust) or there's software running while benching.

When benching (Especially old systems) close antivirus, any monitoring software (CPU-z, AIDA64, etc... open them AFTER benching), kill explorer process and any system unrelated process (for example program maintenance services, steam on background, unnecessary helpers (some realtek drivers come with some)

But first fire up a stress test in AIDA64 or even Prime95 to see if there's any heat problems

And I forgot to mention before that AIDA64 was not displaying correct temps. At idle it said something around 46, and during the test it said something around 47. Which is just not possible. Or maybe the CPU was running at a constant clock frequency all the time? IDK.

3 minutes ago, DEcobra11 said:

It isn't proportional to the CPU, explorer will take all "CPU" it needs, if it needs to execute "X" instructions it will execute X on a 6770K and on a Athlon XP 2600+.

Closing explorer when benching my OCed 2600+ with CB 2003 in W7 meant like 10 points of difference. As said, closing processes, ESPECIALLY on OLD CPUs gives you a more precise result.

Never heard something like that. I'll definitely try it again after closing explorer. Thanks for the useful info!

21 hours ago, Pardeep01 said:

So yesterday I assembled my super super SUPER old PC which was just lying around for years that had a Pentium D clocked at 2.6 and cooled by the stock heatsink and fan provided, 2GB of I think DDR2 single-channel memory and no expansion cards. I don't remember model of the mobo  and the PSU but the mobo was an Intel one and the PSU was 400W. The OS was living in an 80GB WD drive. So here's the main deal, I ran Cinebench just to test the CPU and my GOD! The score was 19 cb! It was straight up torture! Have you guys done benchmarks worse than this or that are equivalent?

Intel Pentium D Cinebench Test.png

I have done Cinebench R11 on Pentium 4 1.8A's, that might take 25 minutes to complete but it isn't a patience test, you can do other stuff in the process. (Your Dual Core, Dual Threaded Pentium D 805 will smash anything my Single core, single threaded Pentium 4 1.8A can do)

A Pentium D is not "Super Old", it is 10 years old.

13 hours ago, Pardeep01 said:

A CPU performing that bad that was released in 2013 (it is kinda old but not that much) is really a bad idea from AMD. I kinda wanna know what they were thinking. Even for normal use a CPU shouldn't perform this slow.

Interesting actually. I really wanna know how the Pentium D would compare with an Atom. I think the Pentium would win but I still wanna know.

13 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

I still have my broken intel atom netbook. Not worth the fix just to run cb on it.

im downloading it and running it on my laptop, it has a intel atom n550 in it and 2GB of single chanel DDR2 running at 620ish MHz, its also my daily driver laptop for school lol, il post some scores when its done

*edit

its probably going to thermal throttle to hell too because its tiny xD 

Edited by Bananasplit_00
i wrought some more stuff

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

how about letting a 120MHz pentium load up age of empires 2?

if i'd buy a 256MB stick of ram for it instead of the 32MB thats in there now it may actually not have to use its IDE hard drive as RAM xD

32 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

I have done Cinebench R11 on Pentium 4 1.8A's, that might take 25 minutes to complete but it isn't a patience test, you can do other stuff in the process. (Your Dual Core, Dual Threaded Pentium D 805 will smash anything my Single core, single threaded Pentium 4 1.8A can do)

A Pentium D is not "Super Old", it is 10 years old.

Well, 10 years is really old. And my Pentium D again, was just lying around for more than 5 years without doing anything. And trust me, I'm not lying, it definitely took more than 30 minutes to complete.

24 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

im downloading it and running it on my laptop, it has a intel atom n550 in it and 2GB of single chanel DDR2 running at 620ish MHz, its also my daily driver laptop for school lol, il post some scores when its done

*edit

its probably going to thermal throttle to hell too because its tiny xD 

IKR. Looking forward to the results!

15 minutes ago, manikyath said:

how about letting a 120MHz pentium load up age of empires 2?

if i'd buy a 256MB stick of ram for it instead of the 32MB thats in there now it may actually not have to use its IDE hard drive as RAM xD

WTF! Well then in that case, every scenario is a "worst case scenario" for that system. Even running IE! xD

1 minute ago, Pardeep01 said:

WTF! Well then in that case, every scenario is a "worst case scenario" for that system. Even running IE! xD

i tried loading up google once, it took about two hours-ish.

2 minutes ago, manikyath said:

Dude, you're kidding right? You don't have a system like that... right?

5 minutes ago, Pardeep01 said:

Well, 10 years is really old. And my Pentium D again, was just lying around for more than 5 years without doing anything. And trust me, I'm not lying, it definitely took more than 30 minutes to complete.

iv gotten network failiure twice now because the wifi card is complete shit, moved the laptop tho so its downloading now

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Dude, you're kidding right? You don't have a system that slow... right?

060812b6ec.png

this was the last time i did a full rebuild on it to clean it out (and to inspect it for how much work a custom paintjob would be, which also happened by now :P)

Well, 10 years is really old. And my Pentium D again, was just lying around for more than 5 years without doing anything. But trust me, I'm not lying, it definitely took more than 30 minutes to complete.

Something isn't right then, it shouldn't take anymore than 15 minutes. I have run Cedar mill Celerons that run faster than that which defiantly isn't right.

5 minutes ago, manikyath said:

kek, last week I tried to load google, then I realized I had no internet.

@mikat Come on breda, you got a nice CPU. My 2820QM scored something about 249cb which is still slow.

@Bananasplit_00 No worries. I'm kinda curious about the results. My shitty, old, dust loving Pentium compared with an Atom which is in a good condition. Seems like an interesting fight.

@Comic_Sans_MS I don't know man. Everything, the mobo, the CPU, the PSU, the RAM, all of these things with the exception of the HDD were sitting idle in dust for more than 5 years.

23 minutes ago, Pardeep01 said:

@mikat Come on breda, you got a nice CPU. My 2820QM scored something about 249cb which is still slow.

@Bananasplit_00 No worries. I'm kinda curious about the results. My shitty, old, dust loving Pentium compared with an Atom which is in a good condition. Seems like an interesting fight.

@Comic_Sans_MS I don't know man. Everything, the mobo, the CPU, the PSU, the RAM, all of these things with the exception of the HDD were sitting idle in dust for more than 5 years.

run took me 19min 10secs exactly and the score was 35cb. what took the longest tho was downloading and un-ziping the archive xD 

Builds:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

run took me 19min 10secs exactly and the score was 35cb. what took the longest tho was downloading and un-ziping the archive xD 

xD Still faster than my Pentium. This is really really REALLY weird!

xD Still faster than my Pentium. This is really really REALLY weird!

well its a dual core with hyper threading so almost a quad core VS a pentium lol. its running at 1.5Ghz and didnt seem to thermal throttle at all somehow

Builds:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

well its a dual core with hyper threading so almost a quad core VS a pentium lol. its running at 1.5Ghz and didnt seem to thermal throttle at all somehow

Oh. I thought it was a single-core without hyperthreading. That explains it.

Oh. I thought it was a single-core without hyperthreading. That explains it.

nah that would just get smashed xD the n550 atom is a pretty good atom tbh, still about 1/12 of the cb points of my 4690k but still, it works fine for school work and web browsing, if it werent for the insainly bad wifi card :P 

Builds:

Spoiler

51 minutes ago, Pardeep01 said:

my macbook has that i5-3317U (at the bottom of the cb chart)

it isn't the best but for a laptop it's reasonable

Spoiler

2 hours ago, manikyath said:

060812b6ec.png

this was the last time i did a full rebuild on it to clean it out (and to inspect it for how much work a custom paintjob would be, which also happened by now :P)

I still remember those AT builds. Clock speed is set through jumpers that's on the board, well mostly everything was set and fixed through jumpers like 56K ISA modems, IRQ conflicts, etc, and the PSU has to be physically connected to the actual power switch that's on the case. Wires are blue, brown, green, and black. It's a pain to change them, cause all the cards have to be taken out, so the motherboard tray can be removed, in order to access the power switch. 

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

1 minute ago, NumLock21 said:

I still remember those AT builds. Clock speed is set through jumpers that's on the board, well mostly everything was set and fixed through jumpers like 56K ISA modems, IRQ conflicts, etc, and the PSU has to be physically connected to the actual power switch that's on the case. Wires are blue, brown, green, and black. It's a pain to change them, cause all the cards have to be taken out, so the motherboard tray can be removed, in order to access the power switch. 

case design could have defenately used some work back then, but the front button thing allowed me to do this horrendous mod with a chinese RGB bulb:

9db2035545.jpg

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

case design could have defenately used some work back then, but the front button thing allowed me to do this horrendous mod with a chinese RGB bulb:

9db2035545.jpg

I don't know what am I looking at. haha

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

The BIGGEST patience test that you will ever be able to take in your life!

Really, that's it?

Wait 'til you have kids ... lol

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Waiting until the 4670k released, took me 10 months.

For now i'm waiting for polaris since december last year so that's atm at 5+ months and still counting.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon