The BIGGEST patience test that you will ever be able to take in your life!

So yesterday I assembled my super super SUPER old PC which was just lying around for years that had a Pentium D clocked at 2.6 and cooled by the stock heatsink and fan provided, 2GB of I think DDR2 single-channel memory and no expansion cards. I don't remember model of the mobo  and the PSU but the mobo was an Intel one and the PSU was 400W. The OS was living in an 80GB WD drive. So here's the main deal, I ran Cinebench just to test the CPU and my GOD! The score was 19 cb! It was straight up torture! Have you guys done benchmarks worse than this or that are equivalent?

Intel Pentium D Cinebench Test.png

On a core 2 Duo 2.8 GHz Which had score of 50 CB and i waited around 7 minutes or so?

I installed Windows 10 on a pentium 4 and 1gb of DDR ram with 80gb ide harddrive. 

And I used an iPhone 4 on iOS 7.1.2 for.. 2013-2015. 

The longest thing was waiting for a test.. I had an hour of spare time and I could do nothing. 

Also the 8 hour long school exercise day.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

I bought a laptop in 2009 specifically to use to play runescape and maplestory and the AMD processor in it would thermal throttle during both of the games. I almost couldn't contain my teenage rage hormones for the few days it took my parents to drive me back to walmart to return it. I think i turned purple

Up until last year I still had a Galaxy S1. Had it rooted and overclocked and everything but it was still slow lol. Can't complain about free stuff though :P 

Use the following spec style and help us spread the revolution to the rest of LTT!

"Rylo Ken"

Screenaninator: Asus Strix GTX 970 

Procrastinator:Intel I7 4790K @4.0GHZ

Stickaminator: Kingston HyperX Fury (2x8)

Powermathingy: EVGA 650 GS Fully Modular

attachamajiggy: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition

Remembrerthing: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB

Buttonboard: Corsair K70 RGB (browns)

Hearamagargle+talkamagargle: Logitech G35

See-A-Move-O: Logitech G502

i had a sempron which clocked a .72 points CPU on cinebench 11.5 OPEN GL was 25.14 ,

1C/1T @2.72 ghz AMD Sempron 140 processor

Details separate people.

1 hour ago, Pardeep01 said:

@FilipSebik @themctipers @mcfly @brune67 @Tech_Dreamer Seems like we all have suffered quite a lot. And I'm sure there are a lot more out there.

Maybe going to a school for 1 hour and it was fifth hour? So waiting for 11:35 to be in school to 12:25 is painful and you cannot even get an excuse from a parent

Or waiting 7 hours for a nurse to tell you that you have something stuck in your teeth. I was dying from pain and wanted my dad to punch the tooth out

Here is the performance of a modern day APU or I should say cpu, that's crappy processing unit.

I use stop watch app on my phone, took 22 minutes and 04 seconds to complete.

trolololol.JPG

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

2 hours ago, Pardeep01 said:

@FilipSebik @themctipers @mcfly @brune67 @Tech_Dreamer Seems like we all have suffered quite a lot. And I'm sure there are a lot more out there.

8 hours of literal hell. 

Its hot as hell

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

5 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

Here is the performance of a modern day APU or I should say cpu, that's crappy processing unit.

I use stop watch app on my phone, took 22 minutes and 04 seconds to complete.

A CPU performing that bad that was released in 2013 (it is kinda old but not that much) is really a bad idea from AMD. I kinda wanna know what they were thinking. Even for normal use a CPU shouldn't perform this slow.

9 minutes ago, Mantayd17 said:

I'd love to run Cinebench on a Samsung NC10 netbook. I had one of those years ago: single core Intel Atom N270 and GMA 950, pretty much a nightmare to go through.

Interesting actually. I really wanna know how the Pentium D would compare with an Atom. I think the Pentium would win but I still wanna know.

20 minutes ago, Pardeep01 said:

A CPU performing that bad that was released in 2013 (it is kinda old but not that much) is really a bad idea from AMD. I kinda wanna know what they were thinking. Even for normal use a CPU shouldn't perform this slow.

Interesting actually. I really wanna know how the Pentium D would compare with an Atom. I think the Pentium would win but I still wanna know.

I still have my broken intel atom netbook. Not worth the fix just to run cb on it.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

I usually do those kinds of long stress tests overnight

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

3 hours ago, Energycore said:

I usually do those kinds of long stress tests overnight

CB R15 isn't a long stress test. Older or slower CPUs will take some time to finish. Grabbing a bite to eat or do something else and that test should be complete.

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

I mean... you didn't have to sit there and watch the whole thing...

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

6 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

CB R15 isn't a long stress test. Older or slower CPUs will take some time to finish. Grabbing a bite to eat or do something else and that test should be complete.

It's funny, that's like the only benchmark I haven't used in my tweaking time. Since I haven't overclocked a CPU yet I haven't needed a way to gauge its performance.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

7 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

I still have my broken intel atom netbook. Not worth the fix just to run cb on it.

yea it is.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

16 hours ago, brune67 said:

Up until last year I still had a Galaxy S1. Had it rooted and overclocked and everything but it was still slow lol. Can't complain about free stuff though :P 

I still own one of these. Rooted and OC'd it as well. Surprised its lasted so long.

Smile and wave boys, smile and wave...

Foxy(Main Rig): CPU: i7 4790k GPU: 2x Reference GTX 980's RAM: HyperX 4x4GB 

PSU: Corsair CX 750W Mobo: ASUS Z97-A Pro Case: Bitfenix Shinobi (Black & Gold)

My biggest paitence test was on an old packard bell system and trying to install their own version of windows 95 and just watching all the lines of code in MS-Dos with no how long is left part lol 

A menace to the scammer world. They hate me wasting their time when they are conning the innocent and giving to the idiots. 

8 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I mean... you didn't have to sit there and watch the whole thing...

Yeah but I really didn't have anything else good to do. And I called this a really big patience test if you actually just sit there and watch it render shit.

27 minutes ago, DEcobra11 said:

Please don't get mad at the bad news: the score is wrong

Even a single core Pentium 4 scores higher

Your score should be around 55-60 ballpark

You didn't say anything that I should be mad about. This isn't my daily driver and I just built it to test. But the thing is the system had been lying around for, I think more than 5 years or a tiny bit less covered in dust. And before this test, it was alive not anywhere after 2010. So maybe it's just gotten a lot weaker? And it took more than 40 minutes to complete the rendering.

12 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

The biggest patience test I've ever done was dealing with my dad.

OMG... This is so me..... :dry:

"Whooosah.... whoooooooooooosah......" <-- Me just about every time we interact.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

6 minutes ago, DEcobra11 said:

A computer doesn't get weaker by seating though :P

Maybe the thermal paste dried up and it overheats (or just too much dust) or there's software running while benching.

When benching (Especially old systems) close antivirus, any monitoring software (CPU-z, AIDA64, etc... open them AFTER benching), kill explorer process and any system unrelated process (for example program maintenance services, steam on background, unnecessary helpers (some realtek drivers come with some)

But first fire up a stress test in AIDA64 or even Prime95 to see if there's any heat problems

I actually did have AIDA64 running but again, I didn't replace the CPU, it was newly built but old system on which I installed a new fresh OS. So no other software interfering. But I've never seen anyone do a CPU test after terminating explorer. Explorer consumes far less CPU power to the point that it doesn't even matter.