Help with returning to best buy

Clanscorpia
Go to solution Solved by GlassBomb,
1 minute ago, Clanscorpia said:

I mean does he need to bring it in with him.

They will need that specific card that was used in the purchase to give a proper refund.

They can not give refunds to another credit card or whatever.

so I'm going to return my keyboard to Best Buy Canada and it says I need original method of payment. My mom used her Credit Card (With my money) but my dad's going to return it and doesn't have access to the card. I have everything else. Can he return it? Thanks!

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

so I'm going to return my keyboard to Best Buy Canada and it says I need original method of payment. My mom used her Credit Card (With my money) but my dad's going to return it and doesn't have access to the card. I have everything else. Can he return it? Thanks!

chances are they wouldn't.  it goes against credit cards policy.  if they'd allow that,  people would return all the time for free points and stuff.  

you can always try though.  

3 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

Money can only be returned to the card that was used in the purchase.

Though, I don't know if you can just get store credit instead. But I would ask for it.

1 minute ago, GlassBomb said:

Money can only be returned to the card that was used in the purchase.

Though, I don't know if you can just get store credit instead. But I would ask for it.

2 minutes ago, MimigaKing said:

chances are they wouldn't.  it goes against credit cards policy.  if they'd allow that,  people would return all the time for free points and stuff.  

you can always try though.  

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

They will need that specific card that was used in the purchase to give a proper refund.

Damn, well OK. 

1 minute ago, GlassBomb said:

Spoiler

AXIOM

7 hours ago, Clanscorpia said:

Damn, well OK. 

You could always call the local store and ask if they can give you store credit instead - explain that it was bought on your mom's card and your dad is returning it.

Though in all likelihood, the result will be the same - most retail chains have the same policy - refund goes onto the same card that the purchase was made on, no exceptions.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)