So.... it is confirmed that these gonna be the new GTX1080/1070 from Zotac

So... What do you guys think about the new design???  

15 members have voted

1. 1. So... What do you guys think about the new design???

• Yeah!! It is cool, I like it!
    • Nah.....We want full metal build graphic cards... Those look like some toys that you buy for a 5-year-old...

hmm. is that a metal backplate? the lights look odd to me. I hope they keep it sleek and epic like before. I don't mind the lights, i just hope we can turn it off

1 minute ago, Clonzoo said:

This is a repost. But yeah, I think they look bloody amazing! :)

i don't think it is cause i actually searched and wanted to make a thread about it litteraly 5 minutes ago and nothing poped up about it on the forum.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Just now, i_build_nanosuits said:

i don't think it is cause i actually searched and wanted to make a thread about it litteraly 5 minutes ago and nothing poped up about it on the forum.

oh, fuck i just reported this thread

You can never have too many LED's!
I like it. 

[CPU: 4.7ghz I5 6600k] [MBAsus Z170 Pro G] [RAM: G.Skill 2400 16GB(2x8)]

[GPU: MSI Twin Frozr GTX 970] [PSU: XFX Pro 850W] [Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo]
[Storage: 500GB WD HDD / 128GB SanDisk SSD ] [Case: DeepCool Tessaract]

[Keyboard: AZIO MGK1] [Mouse: Logitech G303] [Monitor: 2 x Acer 23" 1080p IPS]

1 minute ago, Aytex said:

if they lock it up, i'll repost it :P

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

I'm positive I've seen this picture elsewhere on the forum not 2 days ago. But I could be tripping.

I once explained to my girlfriend what true love is. I said, "If you were a shit, I'd put you back in" and to this day, she is still my little shit. 

4 minutes ago, Clonzoo said:

I'm positive I've seen this picture elsewhere on the forum not 2 days ago. But I could be tripping.

someone else posted it in another thread but did not created the news thread about it...

About the card...the BACKPLATE is on the WRONG SIDE!!! Zotac it's 2016 how can you repeat such old mistakes from the past...when will you learn!

And the fact that there is tons of led on it make the mistake even more noticeable...!!!

1 minute ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

someone else posted it in another thread but did not created the news thread about it...

About the card...the BACKPLATE is on the WRONG SIDE!!! Zotac it's 2016 how can you repeat such old mistaked from the past...when will you learn!

And the fact that there is tons of led on it make the mistake even more noticeable...!!!

Doesn't that classify as a repost? Anyways. Cool cards, imo.

I once explained to my girlfriend what true love is. I said, "If you were a shit, I'd put you back in" and to this day, she is still my little shit. 

9 minutes ago, Aytex said:

it is somewhat a repost

the previous thread is not in the tech news sub forum though

and argued that is was fake because the words are facing the wrong side and what not lol

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

16 minutes ago, Bhav said:

I question the sanity of anyone who chooses to buy the founders editions over such AIB custom designs.

this, but keep in mind this card will very likely be more expensive than the founders card as well...there is extra development and R&D that went into it, marketing coming $$ and it probably use higher quality parts, better more expensive fans etc...

2 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

this, but keep in mind this card will very likely be more expensive than the founders card as well...there is extra development and R&D that went into it, marketing coming $$ and it probably use higher quality parts, better more expensive fans etc...

nah it wont be. The founders edition is going to be $100 higher priced than such custom designs this time around.

I've always found decent custom designs for cheaper than reference designs in every generation of GPUs.

Linus is my fetish.

These are fake. 

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Too bad in Canada Zotac has a shit warranty. 1 or 2 years. All other manufacturers have 3.

But hey... You save $20! #notworthit

Wow, how can anybody design such an ugly card? To going to buy a product like this unless I need a new ligth bulb to mount to the ceiling.

And about the new PCB and cooler: that's what you expect from a board partner...

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

This would be awesome for a Tron-themed build.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

I'll just c/p my post from the other thread:

Arg! That is so ugly and vulgar. What are you thinking ZOTAC, or should I say Ͻ∀⊥OZ, as your dumb backplate is upside down (seriosly wtf?).

Also what is the point o going through 2 node shrinks, only to still have giant cards that are 3 slots thick. Actually that backplate takes an extra half slot above the card too.

Ugh, this 1080 card gets more and more disappointing.

1 minute ago, Centurius said:

This would be awesome for a Tron-themed build.

That's a good point though. But how many will do that? This thing will be an eyesore in most builds.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

1 minute ago, Notional said:

Arg! That is so ugly and vulgar. What are you thinking ZOTAC, or should I say Ͻ∀⊥OZ, as your dumb backplate is upside down (seriosly wtf?).

Also what is the point o going through 2 node shrinks, only to still have giant cards that are 3 slots thick. Actually that backplate takes an extra half slot above the card too.

Ugh, this 1080 card gets more and more disappointing.

That's a good point though. But how many will do that? This thing will be an eyesore in most builds.

Only a few, I've been kind of wanting to do it though so while I'll agree the card itself is fugly. I'm tempted :P

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

1 minute ago, Centurius said:

Only a few, I've been kind of wanting to do it though so while I'll agree the card itself is fugly. I'm tempted :P

Or you could buy 2 for SLI and make a PORTAL build :D

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

the cooler looks very similar to the one on my 980Ti. but i don´t know what to say about the backplate. 

1 minute ago, Notional said:

Or you could buy 2 for SLI and make a PORTAL build :D

Haha, that works too I guess.

My Build:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Notional said:

The name isn't upsidedown the pcie slot connector on the card is just facing the camera, and a backplate doesn't take up an extra slot, and three slot coolers can run so much more cooler then a two slot especially if you only need a single gpu in a system.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

2 minutes ago, SLAYR said:

The name isn't upsidedown the pcie slot connector on the card is just facing the camera, and a backplate doesn't take up an extra slot, and three slot coolers can run so much more cooler then a two slot especially if you only need a single gpu in a system.

That makes no sense. If the writing faces towards the PCI slot and thus the motherboard, it will be upside down when installed in the case.

It has a thick acrylic plate with a metal plate on top of that. It goes quite a bit above the PCI bracket. You can see the PCI bracket does not touch the ground, so the cooler is taller as well. You will not be able to install two os these cards with just 1 slot between them.