Is Linus going to review the HTC Vive?

Should Linus make a review?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Answer

• Yes
    • No

I saw Linus post a picture on Instagram that he got in the mail. Do you guys think he should do a review?

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

1 minute ago, christianled59 said:

I saw Linus post a picture on Instagram that he got in the mail. Do you guys think he should do a review?

If he posted it on instagram and he got one... Yeah I'd expect a review.

More specifically, Luke probably will.

I think he will? I think he said that on the WAN show

3 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

Actually Linus has the Vive. He talked about it on the (last?) WAN show

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 hour ago, JoeyDM said:

1 hour ago, Minibois said:

I think he will? I think he said that on the WAN show

Actually Linus has the Vive. He talked about it on the (last?) WAN show

Ya I knew he owned one. Just wondering if he was actually going to review it or not.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

1 minute ago, christianled59 said:

Ya I knew he owned one. Just wondering if he was actually going to review it or not.

Let's make this easy

@LinusTech

The Vive that they have currently is the companies. Linus have done some testing with it himself at home, and after that it was turned over to Luke and is back at their office for when they are going to work out the review.

A couple of the LMG members have tried it out so far at the office.

So yes, there is going to be a Vive review. All in due time.

3 hours ago, christianled59 said:

I dont think Linus should review it. I think Luke should be the one. Only because I feel he has more experience with the Rift, so he might be able to offer more to us than Linus. I feel Luke is more of a VR nerd also. Id also like to see other members of the LMG staff give their impressions on VR.  

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

He hinted that review might already be done, like testing part from it. He talked about it multiple times during PAX Q&A with Intel. The filming part might be bit delayed because of all the launch events that have been going on for past weeks.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

15 hours ago, Donut417 said:

I dont think Linus should review it. I think Luke should be the one. Only because I feel he has more experience with the Rift, so he might be able to offer more to us than Linus. I feel Luke is more of a VR nerd also. Id also like to see other members of the LMG staff give their impressions on VR.  

I agree. By Linus, I suppose I meant lmg in general. 

Luke has a video about it on Vessel already. Will be on youtube in 5-6 days. @christianled59 Linus also did a little "first experiences" video with it in his house. Idk where that video is in their release schedule though.

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

I answered no, because, of course, Luke will in all likelihood do the review, not Linus ;)

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

the review just came out :D