Help me identify these components

Lehti

Hello, ladies and gentleman.

I have that modding itch again and my eyes glanced over my dad's Aspire X3910, filled with lust and possibilities.

I've always had a soft spot for very slim and compact builds, and that case would look perfect for maybe a mini ITX build.

However, while I was disassembling it (actually, just removing the side panel), I noticed two things: it has the CPU cooler you see in the picture below. I have the feeling I've already seen this model, but can't put my finger on when or where. Could it be a Cooler Master model? Would it support an AMD processor if I can find a compatible backplate somewhere?IMG_20160507_080349_002[1].jpg

Then there's the power supply:

IMG_20160507_080422%5B1%5D.jpg

Yeah, I know that picture is shaky but I don't really want to take another one. It's clearly not an SFX power supply. Could it be a TFX?

i've seen this cooler on my OEM eMachines PC. It's an LGA 775 cooler.

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

Google letters and numbers of any sticker you find. I would do it for you but pics are just too bad for such thing.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

21 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

acer only non-standard psu.

looks like a core 2 duo rig.

Probably need a dremel to use mini itx.

Pentium E5700, actually. Not a bad chip, to be honest. I was able to play Just Cause 2 at 720p at low-to-medium settings using the included Geforce 315. Those were desperate times, man.

And yes, there is no IO shield: the connector come out of factory-cut holes. I'll have to ask an ironsmith to cut a hole in hit "for money and glory".

15 minutes ago, shadowbyte said:

i've seen this cooler on my OEM eMachines PC. It's an LGA 775 cooler.

Yeah, this is a 775 motherboard. Did yours come with any stickers hinting at who the manufacturer was?

Just now, Lehti said:

Yeah, this is a 775 motherboard. Did yours come with any stickers hinting at who the manufacturer was?

nope.

It must be a standard cooler distributed to all 775 OEM board manufacturer.

My system also has the same PSU lol

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

16 minutes ago, CUDA_Cores said:

Also, I would like to add this computer can fit only low-profile GPUs, so the best GPU you could get for a system like this is a GTDX 750 ti.

It won't. The card that's currently installed leaves around 1 centimeter of space from the side panel and gtx 750s tend to gravitate around 10 centimeters in width. That's why I was considering an apu build. 

The motherboard is a micro atx, but with a quirk: the IO area is installed on the short side, not the long one, so I could only install a mitx board upside down. 

It's more of a pastime endeavour I want to undertake. And besides, I love such compact vases because they're tiny and I hate them because they're tiny. :°D