Samsung Galaxy Note 6 may come with UP TO 256GB of storage and may be touted as the ultimate productivity phone

patrick3027
4 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

I'm not understanding why you'd need 256GB of storage on a phone.

IDK... maybe because not everyone is like you? I store movies and series, my whole library of music(which now is around 130GB) on phone... why? Because not everyone does everything like you, get it? Just because is not use of you or someone else in this forum, doesn't mean it would not be of use for other. Pretty simple to understand actually, as most things in life.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

Nice thread title OP.

4 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

I could easily fill more than 128GB on my tablet. I got 64GB right now and I have to swap out video files quite often.

Not sure about the rest of you, but I find that storage is one of those things where the more you got, the more you use.

I am not willing to pay the ridiculous price premium man manufacturers demand for it though.

39 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

If that battery capacity becomes a thing, it will be awesome. And the internal storage option too, but at max i think it would be 128Gigabytes, and no more, which is still way more than what most users would need. Just a 64 Gigabyte version would be a very good thing.

The Snapdragon 823 is rumored to be 10nm as well, which would make it even more efficient than the current Snapdragon chip.

It would be pretty crazy battery life wise if both of those rumors are true.

6 hours ago, patrick3027 said:

Had an issue with my S5 the other day. Tried to turn the screen on, but it stayed black. Removed the battery, turned the phone back on: splash screen loads with it's fancy animation, everything looks okay until the ROM is loaded and then: a black screen again.

I thought I would have to return the phone at some point, but once I came back home and tried to turn it back on, well everything worked again.

Anyway, Samsung makes some fantastic hardware but their software support is horrible (I'm still on Lollipop by the way). I would love to install a custom ROM but I can't go without Samsung's split-screen function. I guess I'll have to wait until CM 14 lands on the Galaxy S5.

if you can get a marshmallow rom there is a split screen option in developer mode you can turn on. the two roms i used cmremix 13 and cyanogenmod 13 unofficial both had it 

7 hours ago, patrick3027 said:

The Samsung Galaxy Note 6 is rumored to come in storage capacities of up to 256GB. Holy freaking Gigabytes batman! Did you say 256GB? That's right.

Also, here is a totally irrelevant render of the Galaxy Note 6. (Pretty damn good one if I do say so myself)

http://www.concept-phones.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/galaxy-note-6-render-pradeep-kumar.jpg

Source: http://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsung-Galaxy-Note-6-could-come-with-256GB-of-storage-and-a-4200mAh-battery_id80748

I'm reporting you for copying my damn post and slightly tweaking it. It is not being touted as the ultimate productivity phone. It is an android phone.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

3 hours ago, LAwLz said:

I could easily fill more than 128GB on my tablet. I got 64GB right now and I have to swap out video files quite often.

I thought the same as everybody else when I saw the thread, 256gb seems excessive. Then I started thinking of all the times I've had to work around 32GBs on my phone / tablet.

I used to work offshore and load my tablet with movies and TV shows, well when I say "load" I used to put 2 movies & maybe a couple TV episodes on there at a time and use an OTG cable and portable HDD to transfer the rest. I'm also constantly adding and deleting music on my phone, fitting my full library on a phone would be great, it's in the hundreds of GBs range.

9 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

I have a 55GB music library in my Note 4

So yeah I'll definitely need 256GB on a phone

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

3 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

christ

what the fuck do you even listen to

Most of them are flac so no surprise here

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

I found NOTHING in your source about the GN6 being touted as the "ultimate productivity phone". If you want to copy someone else's post, don't.

12 hours ago, patrick3027 said:

The Samsung Galaxy Note 6 is rumored to come in storage capacities of up to 256GB. Holy freaking Gigabytes batman! Did you say 256GB? That's right.

Also, here is a totally irrelevant render of the Galaxy Note 6. (Pretty damn good one if I do say so myself)

You are such a troll. It makes this post funny though.

Ehh screw that, i'm waiting for the Note 7!

Or when my 2 year contract is over...

I'm perfectly happy with my 32GB Note 5...except the bootloader is locked because of Verizon.

1 hour ago, TheCMan said:

You are such a troll. It makes this post funny though.

He takes the piss on anything with Microsoft name fyi. Kids..

14 minutes ago, atrash said:

He takes the piss on anything with Microsoft name fyi. Kids..

Being an ass is still being an ass though....

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

6 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

Being an ass is still being an ass though....

At least respect someone who took the time to post a properly formatted news for others to read,even if you hate the content of it. Blatant copying of another news posts just to take the piss on the OP is just scummy. Also in the source, not a single word of 'ultimate productivity' was mentioned. 

2 minutes ago, atrash said:

At least respect someone who took the time to post a properly formatted news for others to read,even if you hate the content of it. Blatant copying of another news posts just to take the piss on the OP is just scummy. Also in the source, not a single word of 'ultimate productivity' was mentioned. 

As in @patrick3027 is the ass....

PMSL

For the people complaining about the words 'ultimate productivity phone', I want to point out that I didn't use quotation marks. It may be touted as the ultimate productivity phone (it's probable, given Samsung has always been vocal how it's stylus and its split-screen feature helps you being productive), it may also be not. That's what the word "may" is for, right?

I was just getting tired of the endless Surface Phone topics (which, just like this topic, are only based on some vague rumors), that's why I decided to parody one. I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

19 minutes ago, patrick3027 said:

For the people complaining about the words 'ultimate productivity phone', I want to point out that I didn't use quotation marks. It may be touted as the ultimate productivity phone (it's probable, given Samsung has always been vocal how it's stylus and its split-screen feature helps you being productive), it may also be not. That's what the word "may" is for, right?

I was just getting tired of the endless Surface Phone topics (which, just like this topic, are only based on some vague rumors), that's why I decided to parody one. I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

If it had been a proper parody there would have been a lot more exasperation, and it would have been funny....and also less plagiarism. Might want to work on your skills at creating parodies.

PMSL

13 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

If it had been a proper parody there would have been a lot more exasperation, and it would have been funny....and also less plagiarism. Might want to work on your skills at creating parodies.

Fair enough. I just want to point out that I've tried to keep this discussion civilised, I'm not the one who's been calling others "kids" or "an ass".

5 hours ago, patrick3027 said:

Well if you have a shred of decency then you'll remove that from your title and post AND you'll apologize for being a complete asshole. If I had my way then you would get 2 warning points. 1 for being a complete asshole and another for plagiarism.

IF you don't like the surface phone topics then don't read them.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

20 hours ago, patrick3027 said:

http://www.concept-phones.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/galaxy-note-6-render-pradeep-kumar.jpg

Source: http://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsung-Galaxy-Note-6-could-come-with-256GB-of-storage-and-a-4200mAh-battery_id80748

Damn that is sexy af. If this were real that would be my next phone hands down

http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fKvV3C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 5820K | MSI X99S SLI Krait Edition | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4-2666mhz | EVGA Titan X Hybrid | Fractal Design Define R5 | Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD | Samsung 850-EVO Series 250GB SSD | Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair AX860 | Acer Predator XB270HU | Corsair H100i GTX | Corsair K70 RGB w/Cherry MX Browns | Corsair M65 RGB | Audio-Technica ATH-M50X | Windows 10 |

2 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

Well if you have a shred of decency then you'll remove that from your title and post AND you'll apologize for being a complete asshole. If I had my way then you would get 2 warning points. 1 for being a complete asshole and another for plagiarism.

IF you don't like the surface phone topics then don't read them.

Quick question: do you even bother to read my messages? I already apologised to anyone who might feel offended by my OP in the very message you quoted. I also pointed out that I haven't resorted to name calling in my posts, but you keep calling me "a complete asshole" anyway. Maybe it's your turn to give an apology?

For the post itself, the mods haven't taken action yet, so I assume there's nothing wrong with it. Should there be a problem, I kindly ask them to contact me and I'll gladly update the OP.

If you don't like my topics, then don't read them ;)

7 minutes ago, patrick3027 said:

Quick question: do you even bother to read my messages? I already apologised to anyone who might feel offended by my OP in the very message you quoted. I also pointed out that I haven't resorted to name calling in my posts, but you keep calling me "a complete asshole" anyway. Maybe it's your turn to give an apology?

For the post itself, the mods haven't taken action yet, so I assume there's nothing wrong with it. Should there be a problem, I kindly ask them to contact me and I'll gladly update the OP.

If you don't like my topics, then don't read them ;)

There is something wrong with it. It's fucking plagiarism. Copying 90% of something is not right.

And false claims such as "Ultimate productivity Phone" in the title are misleading and not genuine. So please remove them. The mods haven't checked this yet and they will rest assured.

but I thought the Surface phone was supposed to be the ultimate productivity phone

On 2016-05-04 at 6:09 PM, Dan Castellaneta said:

There are a good couple of apps that does not want to work with external storage, so that is why I would love for more android phones to have higher internal capacity and not just go "well but you have an SD-card slot". 

Awesome amount of storage indeed.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |