Samsung Galaxy Note 6 may come with UP TO 256GB of storage and may be touted as the ultimate productivity phone

patrick3027

The Samsung Galaxy Note 6 is rumored to come in storage capacities of up to 256GB. Holy freaking Gigabytes batman! Did you say 256GB? That's right.

Also, here is a totally irrelevant render of the Galaxy Note 6. (Pretty damn good one if I do say so myself)

http://www.concept-phones.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/galaxy-note-6-render-pradeep-kumar.jpg

According to this leak, the Galaxy Note 6 will feature a 5.77-inch screen (call it 5.8-inches) carrying a resolution of 1440 x 2560 (QHD). A Snapdragon 823 chipset (basically an upgraded Snapdragon 820) will be under the hood of some units, while the Exynos 8890 will be powering other versions. The Samsung Galaxy Note 6 is said to feature 6GB of RAM, something that will be more standard in 2017.

The device will come with a 4200mAh battery which should provide for at least 48-hours of battery life between charges. For the first time, the Note will feature an IP68 certification for protection from dust and water. And we could see a version with 256GB of internal storage. In addition, there is talk that the Galaxy Note 6 will have two variants; one will contain a curved screen and will use the "edge" moniker in its name. The other will have a plain, ordinary screen.

Source: http://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsung-Galaxy-Note-6-could-come-with-256GB-of-storage-and-a-4200mAh-battery_id80748

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

If it includes an SD card slot, there will be no Android phones that can compete against this

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

Hopefully the carriers in the US actually carry the higher end models

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

It better have an SD slot too... I need my gigebets!!!

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

I had the "flagship" Note 4.  The support and issues for the phone... I'll never buy a Samsung phone again.  5.1.1 update ruined the onboard flash (even the sales lady said "Oh, we had someone come in with that exact same issue yesterday).  Samsung says, Out of Warranty and updates are not supported because the phone is sold with a different version, not an updated rom.  Never rooted, full stock.

33 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

I'm not understanding why you'd need 256GB of storage on a phone.

Music library.

There's a reason the 160GB iPod Classic existed for as long as it did.

Ye ole' train

Just now, lots of unexplainable lag said:

Music library.

There's a reason the 160GB iPod Classic existed for as long as it did.

Would it not be more practical to have an SD card especially since people keep bitching for an SD card slot?

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

11 minutes ago, Evanair said:

I had the "flagship" Note 4.  The support and issues for the phone... I'll never buy a Samsung phone again.  5.1.1 update ruined the onboard flash (even the sales lady said "Oh, we had someone come in with that exact same issue yesterday).  Samsung says, Out of Warranty and updates are not supported because the phone is sold with a different version, not an updated rom.  Never rooted, full stock.

Had an issue with my S5 the other day. Tried to turn the screen on, but it stayed black. Removed the battery, turned the phone back on: splash screen loads with it's fancy animation, everything looks okay until the ROM is loaded and then: a black screen again.

I thought I would have to return the phone at some point, but once I came back home and tried to turn it back on, well everything worked again.

Anyway, Samsung makes some fantastic hardware but their software support is horrible (I'm still on Lollipop by the way). I would love to install a custom ROM but I can't go without Samsung's split-screen function. I guess I'll have to wait until CM 14 lands on the Galaxy S5.

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

6GB of RAM?

More than enough.

6GB of RAM with TouchWiz?

Still not enough.

Samsung, please start making Nexus phones. Please!

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

Not surprised since samsung did announce their own 256GB UFS SSDs for phones earlier in the year 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

That's more storage than I have on my pc, lmao

3 hours ago, GarnetDevil said:

If it includes an SD card slot, there will be no Android phones that can compete against this

Asus's zenfone 2 comes with 256GB of internal storage and is expandable up to 2TB via microSD card (whenever that SD card comes out)

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

2 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Would it not be more practical to have an SD card especially since people keep bitching for an SD card slot?

why not both?

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

3 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

I wouldn't complain if they put an 850 evo in there. At least finally they could justify the cost of the extra storage. 

Just now, kurahk7 said:

I wouldn't complain if they put an 850 evo in there. At least finally they could justify the cost of the extra storage. 

But you couldn't fit even an M.2 850 EVO in that kind of space?

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

2 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

But you couldn't fit even an M.2 850 EVO in that kind of space?

When there's a will, there's a way. 

If that battery capacity becomes a thing, it will be awesome. And the internal storage option too, but at max i think it would be 128Gigabytes, and no more, which is still way more than what most users would need. Just a 64 Gigabyte version would be a very good thing.

Groomlake Authority

3 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Because "stuff" ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

Seriously though 64GB should be enough.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Just now, Dan Castellaneta said:

kek

Agreed. Hell, I can live with 32GB easily.

My Galaxy S6 has 32GB it's fine but I wished that Samsung and Verizon didn't take up like 8GB of that.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization