Youtube to change Content ID system

Today, we’re announcing a major step to help fix that frustrating experience. We’re developing a new solution that will allow videos to earn revenue while a Content ID claim is being disputed. Here’s how it will work: when both a creator and someone making a claim choose to monetize a video, we will continue to run ads on that video and hold the resulting revenue separately. Once the Content ID claim or dispute is resolved, we’ll pay out that revenue to the appropriate party.

We’re working on this new system now and hope to roll it out to all YouTube partners in the coming months. Here’s a closer look at how it’ll work once it’s live:

MonetizationDuringDispute%2B-%2BFinal%2B

took them long enough hahah

http://youtubecreator.blogspot.com/2016/04/improving-content-id-for-creators.html

HALAGALULAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rich Purnell Is A Steely-Eyed Missile Man

Awesome. That's one step in the right direction at least. Now Youtube needs to figure out a way to punish companies that make tons of false claims.

By the way, the "while" in the first sentence is invisible to people using the default theme unless it's highlighted.

1 minute ago, Derangel said:

Awesome. That's one step in the right direction at least. Now Youtube needs to figure out a way to punish companies that make tons of false claims.

By the way, the "while" in the first sentence is invisible to people using the default theme unless it's highlighted.

fixed it

About time they started putting ad revenue on content claimed videos into an intermediary account instead of just giving all ad revenue to the claimant. That was completely asinine.

Finally, but we need punishments for people who will abuse the system though.

"Simple Yet Complex" 

oh, so they finally got it right? lets see how it plays out.

This news post does not meet the posting guidelines, and therefore moved out.

Kitguru

Over the last couple of years, YouTube’s Content ID copyright system has been a bit of a pain for quite a few YouTubers, particularly those that rely on Fair Use. Currently, if a claim is made on a video, monetization immediately stops, which means the creator isn’t making any money during the vital first few days of their video going live, when viewership is at its best. However, that will be changing soon.

Following on from a fairly large social media campaign, headed by YouTuber GradeAUnderA, to ‘#MakeYouTubeGreatAgain’, YouTube has come up with a new system that will allow content creators to keep generating revenue while a ContentID claim is being dispute.

As the image shows, in a few months time, YouTube will be introducing a new four step system. First the video goes life and is monetized, then if a claim is placed, that video is still generating revenue held by YouTube. If the copyright claim is disputed, YouTube will continue to hold on to the money until it is settled and then, the pay out will go to whoever won the dispute.

Youtube Blog

We understand just how important revenue is to our creator community, and we’ve been listening closely to concerns about the loss of monetization during the Content ID dispute process. Currently videos that are claimed and disputed don’t earn revenue for anyone, which is an especially frustrating experience for creators if that claim ends up being incorrect while a video racks up views in its first few days.
Today, we’re announcing a major step to help fix that frustrating experience. We’re developing a new solution that will allow videos to earn revenue while a Content ID claim is being disputed. Here’s how it will work: when both a creator and someone making a claim choose to monetize a video, we will continue to run ads on that video and hold the resulting revenue separately. Once the Content ID claim or dispute is resolved, we’ll pay out that revenue to the appropriate party.
We’re working on this new system now and hope to roll it out to all YouTube partners in the coming months. Here’s a closer look at how it’ll work once it’s live:

MonetizationDuringDispute%2B-%2BFinal%2B

Well, took them long enough.

Pretty sure creators are a lot more happy.

FX-8120 | ASUS Crosshair V Formula | G.Skill Sniper 8GB DDR3-1866 CL9 | Club3D Radeon R9 290 RoyalAce |Thermaltake Chaser MkIII | 128GB M4 Crucial + 2TB HDD storage | Cooler Master 850M | Scythe Mugen 3 | Corsair Strafe RGB | Logitech G500

FINALLY. Finally giving content creators the peace of mind they deserve.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

2 minutes ago, AyeJayKay said:

Still doesn't fix the Content ID trolls who merely want to see you have a headache and could care less about monetization. 

That is much less of a damage than losing tons of revenue to people who are trolls anyway. At least you get your money back this way.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

This is great to hear, this is a great first step in the right direction. 

3 minutes ago, Shahnewaz said:

That is much less of a damage than losing tons of revenue to people who are trolls anyway. At least you get your money back this way.

Re-read the stipulation of their new policy. The video has to be monetized by both parties in order for revenue to be generated. Once the dispute has been settled, the revenue is collected by the rightful owner. 

But if a troll comes and claims a dispute without asking for monetization, neither party receives revenue during the period of dispute.

It's still bullshit because there is no penalty for false claims: you might get the money but it takes weeks and you  can get a second claim holding your funds and so on. 

They basically sanction perjury without repercussions for trolls, this is not gonna stop them, at all. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

Just now, AyeJayKay said:

Re-read the stipulation of their new policy. The video has to be monetized by both parties in order for revenue to be generated. Once the dispute has been settled, the revenue is collected by the rightful owner. 

But if the a troll comes and claims a dispute without asking for monetization, neither party receives revenue during the period of dispute.

No, both parties don't need to monetize it. The video is still monetized, as long as a dispute is filed.

5 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

It's still bullshit because there is no penalty for false claims: you might get the money but it takes weeks and you  can get a second claim holding your funds and so on. 

They basically sanction perjury without repercussions for trolls, this is not gonna stop them, at all. 

http://youtubecreator.blogspot.ca/2016/04/improving-content-id-for-creators.html

Even though Content ID claims are disputed less than 1% of the time, we agree that this process could be better. Making sure our Content ID tools are being used properly is deeply important to us, so we’ve built a dedicated team to monitor this. Using a combination of algorithms and manual review, this team has resolved millions of invalid claims in the last year alone, and acted on millions more before they impacted creators. The team also restricts feature access and even terminates a partner’s access to Content ID tools if we find they are repeatedly abusing these tools.

4 minutes ago, Shahnewaz said:

No, both parties don't need to monetize it. The video is still monetized, as long as a dispute is filed.

http://youtubecreator.blogspot.ca/2016/04/improving-content-id-for-creators.html

Sorry, no.

"Here’s how it will work: when both a creator and someone making a claim choose to monetize a video, we will continue to run ads on that video and hold the resulting revenue separately. Once the Content ID claim or dispute is resolved, we’ll pay out that revenue to the appropriate party."

Source: http://youtubecreator.blogspot.com/2016/04/improving-content-id-for-creators.html

2 minutes ago, AyeJayKay said:

Sorry, no.

"Here’s how it will work: when both a creator and someone making a claim choose to monetize a video, we will continue to run ads on that video and hold the resulting revenue separately. Once the Content ID claim or dispute is resolved, we’ll pay out that revenue to the appropriate party."

Source: http://youtubecreator.blogspot.com/2016/04/improving-content-id-for-creators.html

Now that is shitty. >:(

8 minutes ago, Shahnewaz said:

Now that is shitty. >:(

That might still change or that scenario hasn't been reported on.

Change will only happen in a few months.

FX-8120 | ASUS Crosshair V Formula | G.Skill Sniper 8GB DDR3-1866 CL9 | Club3D Radeon R9 290 RoyalAce |Thermaltake Chaser MkIII | 128GB M4 Crucial + 2TB HDD storage | Cooler Master 850M | Scythe Mugen 3 | Corsair Strafe RGB | Logitech G500

42 minutes ago, Shahnewaz said:

lmao the team does nothing of the sort, ever. See the recent rampage from the Christiano brothers. 

Seriously this is the most disingenuous shit ever coming from YouTube: they NEVER intervene most strikes are resolved by both parties which is either the youtubers being censored and agreeing to delete fair use content (like Cinema Snob recently)  or by the troll admitting as much and leaving the strike stand as long as possible and Removing the strike before it even goes to youtube which they don't even look at before 14 business days or some crazy shit like that. 

This is a tablespoon of water trying to put out a building on fire really. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

It's a step in the right direction but there is still alot to fix. Now, they need to punish people who make false claims. They need to start taking the business/people that do this to court because once they win a few times, it will start to make people think before filing claims.

YouTube is setting themselves up for failure

~` please , don't let my whole life burn down `~

- why can't i just focus right now? -

; i'm tired ;

Does not meet the Tech News posting guideline, and therefore moved out of the forum section:

And now they just need to work on what content can actually be flagged as a copyright infringement. That needs a serious overhaul. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch