Snowden Movie (trailer)

pagani123

Before the mods move this (if they are going to) hear me out I think this deserves to be in the tech new. It is based around tech. Its about one of the most important and largest us government data breaches in recent history and i think linus and luke would have an interesting discussion about this and the way the are portraying him in the movie/trailer.

Just from the trailer you can already see that they are portraying him as the hero of the people against the government. Hollywood always loves the classic underdog for the people. Which means that the movie will probably be pretty two dimensional and be a good guy vs bad guy movie with not a ton of layers (think Steve jobs movie). I will say the trailer has peaked my interests and i probably will go see it. But i will reserve my full judgement of the movie until  i see it. That being said from the trailer it looks like they are simplifying this a bit to much. Which is understandable most likely because the general audience is not tech savvy. But i really do hope they go more in depth. 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

The sound design in this was terrible, and the cinematography was sub-par at best. It honestly looks like it's going to be a little cringe-worthy. 

Super excited for this just from seeing the trailer, seems pretty cool. I've always liked the tech documentary videos like the TPB documentary and stuff like that.

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

Just now, 1823alex said:

Super excited for this just from seeing the trailer, seems pretty cool. I've always liked the tech documentary videos like the TPB documentary and stuff like that.

It isn't a documentary. Its most likely a pretty fictionalized account of what happened 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

1 minute ago, Maybach123 said:

It isn't a documentary. Its most likely a pretty fictionalized account of what happened 

I didn't mean it was a documentary, I meant like a fictionalized documentary. Not really sure how to describe it.

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

The guy in the thumbnail looks a little like Tai Lopez

If computers have no doors or fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

this will be interesting.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

Just now, 1823alex said:

I didn't mean it was a documentary, I meant like a fictionalized documentary. Not really sure how to describe it.

historical fiction ;)

This will be fun.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

This is going to be good to get at least some people to care agian. If only the documentary Citizen Four and his interviews with John Oliver had Hollywood traction.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

I think this will be pretty good as a sort of spy thriller IF it lives up to my expectations. Hollywood very obviously mixed a hell of a lot of fiction in with the facts but hey that's what will make it good. Best part is that it will put our "security" in the spotlight again and will hopefully get people talking about how to fix the government and get rid of their spying on us all the time.

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

15 hours ago, NonaHexa said:

The sound design in this was terrible, and the cinematography was sub-par at best. It honestly looks like it's going to be a little cringe-worthy. 

u exactly described my feeling about the trtailer and movie quality.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

For the amount of known actors in this, the production quality looks terrible.

The movie itself is going to create a whole new spin of controversy.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

OH GOD! NICHOLAS FREAKING CAGE IS IN IT!

THIS SHIT IS GOING TO BE AWESOME!! :|

Details separate people.

As much as the tiring amount of the Snowden wank is precisely that, it's nice to see the increasingly orwellian nature of the government is getting SOME form of attention.