New X99 motherboards revealed

OddsCrazyStuff

So far so does we have 3 from Gigabyte: http://www.gamersnexus.net/news-pc/2402-unreleased-gigabyte-motherboards-unexpectedly-at-pax-east

GA-X99-Designare EX

gigabyte-ultra-durable-bw-1.jpg

GA-X99 Phoenix SLI G1

gigabyte-x99-phoenix-1.jpg

GA-X99 Ultra Gaming

gigabyte-x99-ultra-gaming-2.jpg

More info: http://wccftech.com/gigabyte-x99-motherboards-broadwell-e/

I speak my mind, sorry if thats a problem.

Just now, Rune said:

When did enthusiast motherboards get so boring?

You mean the looks?

1 minute ago, potoooooooo said:

Broadwell-E ready?

It would be strange if they released new motherboards along side the new CPUs and didnt support them.

Just now, OddsCrazyStuff said:

It would be strange if they released new motherboards along side the new CPUs and didnt support them.

Broadwell-E isn't actually released yet

The first good looking X99 boards lol. I swear a lot of people went Z170 for the looks because basically all X99 boards look like trash compared to Z170. 

Current PC: Origin Millennium- i7 5820K @4.0GHz | GTX 980Ti SLI | X99 Deluxe 

4 minutes ago, afyeung said:

The first good looking X99 boards lol. I swear a lot of people went Z170 for the looks because basically all X99 boards look like trash compared to Z170. 

I think they are Z170 boards converted to X99, at least in terms of new features and looks.

3 minutes ago, potoooooooo said:

Broadwell-E isn't actually released yet

The motherboard manufacturers probably have all the info required to make them Broadwell ready now. 

Yeah, it seems they are bring everything they did to Skylake over to the X99 platform:

Plus it seems that the RGB trend continues.

Where the hell are the Matx ones? :(

Desktop: ARX-Laevatein : soon to be ARX-8 http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/8RyhHx

Custom Aurora R4 ALX case + Caselabs Merlin Pedestal | i7- 4820k @ 4.8 Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Gene Mobo | 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum | EVGA/Gigabyte 12GB Titan X SLI | 128GB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 2x WD RED 3TB| EVGA 1200 P2 PSU | Win 10 | Razer Black Widow Chroma | Corsair M95 | Asus ROG Swift PG278Q | Sennheiser G4ME ZERO White

Laptop: M17x R4 Stealth Black :

i7-3940xm | 32 Gb G.Skill Ripjaws | 8Gb GTX 880m | Killer Wireless N-1103 | 500Gb Samsung 840 EVO, 1TB WD 5400rpm + 32Gb Msata SSD Cache | 1920 x 1080 120Hz 3D screen | DVDRWBD | Sound Blaster recon 3Di | M18x 330w PSU | Win 7 Ultimate | Zalman ZM-NC11 Black | Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB | Razer Mamba 2012 | Sennheiser PC 363D 7.1 Headset

4 minutes ago, ashtaroth said:

Where the hell are the Matx ones? :(

They will most likely come later, if there is a demand for X99 MATX.

Also, these are just the first 3 new motherboards and only from Gigabyte.

I expect to see more news about X99, now that Gigabyte have taken the spotlight.

11 minutes ago, Stefan1024 said:

It's up for preoder.

Can't seem to find it on the ncix us site any more. weird.

CPU: i7 5820k @3.2           Motherboard: Asrock x99x Killer           CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO           GPU: Asus 280x DirectCU II

Case: NZXT S340            RAM: 8GB Hyperx Fury DDR4 @2133MHz           HDD: Corsair Force LS 120GB           PSU: EVGA GQ 650W 80+GOLD

3 minutes ago, OddsCrazyStuff said:

They will most likely come later, if there is a demand for X99 MATX.

Ah yeah I forgot about that. I remember someone from Asus (think it was Raj) that said there was not enough demand to make Rog x99 Matx :(

There are others but I rather see the entire line up before pulling the trigger and finishing the upgrade.

Desktop: ARX-Laevatein : soon to be ARX-8 http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/8RyhHx

Custom Aurora R4 ALX case + Caselabs Merlin Pedestal | i7- 4820k @ 4.8 Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Gene Mobo | 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum | EVGA/Gigabyte 12GB Titan X SLI | 128GB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 2x WD RED 3TB| EVGA 1200 P2 PSU | Win 10 | Razer Black Widow Chroma | Corsair M95 | Asus ROG Swift PG278Q | Sennheiser G4ME ZERO White

Laptop: M17x R4 Stealth Black :

i7-3940xm | 32 Gb G.Skill Ripjaws | 8Gb GTX 880m | Killer Wireless N-1103 | 500Gb Samsung 840 EVO, 1TB WD 5400rpm + 32Gb Msata SSD Cache | 1920 x 1080 120Hz 3D screen | DVDRWBD | Sound Blaster recon 3Di | M18x 330w PSU | Win 7 Ultimate | Zalman ZM-NC11 Black | Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB | Razer Mamba 2012 | Sennheiser PC 363D 7.1 Headset

4 minutes ago, かあびぃ said:

Can't seem to find it on the ncix us site any more. weird.

The peroder prices were insane anyway. Nobody should buy them at this price level.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

Just now, Stefan1024 said:

The peroder prices were insane anyway. Nobody should buy them at this price level.

As soon as they drop a bit in price i'm gonna sell my 5820k and get one of gigabytes motherboards, cause holy shit the newer x99 motherboards look amazing to me. 

CPU: i7 5820k @3.2           Motherboard: Asrock x99x Killer           CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO           GPU: Asus 280x DirectCU II

Case: NZXT S340            RAM: 8GB Hyperx Fury DDR4 @2133MHz           HDD: Corsair Force LS 120GB           PSU: EVGA GQ 650W 80+GOLD

1 minute ago, かあびぃ said:

As soon as they drop a bit in price i'm gonna sell my 5820k and get one of gigabytes motherboards, cause holy shit the newer x99 motherboards look amazing to me. 

To me they look very similar to the old once. Also they hardly offer any performance gain. And 350 $ just for a bit better looks isn't really a good deal.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

Just now, Stefan1024 said:

To me they look very similar to the old once. Also they hardly offer any performance gain. And 350 $ just for a bit better looks isn't really a good deal.

I got the x99x killer from asrock. I didn't go for any of the current gigabyte ones as they were wayyy too expensive. However we don't know the launch price for these yet, as with a definitive launch price for Broadwell-E.

Even the current gigabyte ones don't look as good to me. Just love the reinforced pcie slots.

2 minutes ago, Stefan1024 said:

Its more about the features they add, like the new M.2 ports.

Also, there might be something that we cant tell yet, like a new power design to allow the 10 core to overclock better.

Why with the big ugly IO covers from skylake? Is much ugly.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

Only care about m-ATX anymore.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

50 minutes ago, Serin said:

Why with the big ugly IO covers from skylake? Is much ugly.

Only 2 standard screws, first thing I did with my board was remove the IO cover.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Whats up with the irregular spacing on the PCI-E slots? You can't get a 3 (double slot) card setup going without an irregular bridge, and abnormal spacing of the cards. That would look horrible.