Microsoft's Conspiracy within windows 10

Windows 7 updates are purposely slown down by microsoft in order to get people to switch to windows 10.  Here is a link to the answers discussion where millions of people that still stick with windows 7 are seeing issues when running windows update: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-update/poor-windows-7-update-process/f6ff3941-c2b7-4188-ace7-2a7efb780c76

By forcing people into downloading windows 10 microsoft is not only increasing the popularity of a windows 8 like interface, but also future proofing the profit they make.  Once everyone downloads windows 10 'for free' they will be free to stop supporting windows 7.  The fact that they have already made updates sluggish is proof of that.  This doesnt affect anyone directly, but without windows 7 support people will not be able do system recovery into the latest update that gives them windows 10 for free.  So in the end you will be forced to buy windows 10 or a new computer.  That is why they are using this underhanded tactic of slowing down windows update to get people to switch to windows 10.

If Microsoft is keeping people from getting security updates because they want them to use Windows 10, I have one thing to say: Fuck you Microsoft.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

well dont remeber where, but first time i read about win 10 it stood that they was going to stop updating win 7.

so not rly a suprice there

That is Fucking Rediculous!!

Another reason to switch to Ubuntu, just too bad there are no good directx emulators out there. :)

93b778a354.png

It's just a bug with one of the patches. There's no conspiracy here.

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

I have an isolated network with firewall and a proxy server. (Microsoft ISA and Cisco ASA) which helps me filter everything that comes through the internet. So now I've got a bunch of Windows XP/7 and 8.1 PCs. Only 1 PC is used for Windows 10. So I what I'm saying is that I can use any old OS without having to worry about any viruses. Now, you may ask, what about USBs and external drives? Well, those go through a LONG scan before they get used. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

8 minutes ago, Hawx said:

93b778a354.png

It's just a bug with one of the patches. There's no conspiracy here.

Conspiracy theorist just jumping to conclusion, nothing new there.

People still clinging to Windows 7 strongly reminds me of those who are/were still clinging tightly onto Windows XP.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

No. The only thing that Microsoft does, is that moved older OSs updated to older servers, so downloading updates are a bit slower.

This is absolutely nothing new, and have been doing so since Windows 95.

As for the Check for Update that takes ages, see @Hawx post.

Microsoft is NOT slowing down older Windows. If anything, you see the new and improved Windows as being faster and more responsive, and you think your current Windows was purposefully slowed down, that isn't the case. It must also be noted that Windows 8 has improved Windows Update system, and Windows10 has a much improved Windows Update system which check updates WAY faster than previous version of Windows. Similarly how Windows 7 is faster than Windows XP.

Windows Update pretty much all share a similar problem... the more updates they are, the slower it is at checking for updates. It is something that Microsoft has been improving over he years with different version of Windows.

i dont get it, whats so bad about windows 10? all 3 of my computers and laptop all run it, and are all fine. if anything they run better. 

This is pretty funny. Microsoft cannot legally stop supporting Windows 7 until 2020 and nothing they or anybody else does (short of MS going under) can stop them from doing that. Thinking they throttle their servers is also humorous, especially when people complained so much about their solution for their slow update servers (which has little to do with their network but more so the volume of people who patch their PCs at the same exact time every patch release).

-KuJoe

Just now, KuJoe said:

This is pretty funny. Microsoft cannot legally stop support Windows 7 until 2020 and nothing they or anybody else does (short of MS going under) can stop them from doing that.

It is not in the best interest for Microsoft to purposefully do what the OP suggest that Microsoft is doing.

Just now, GoodBytes said:

It is not in the best interest for Microsoft to purposefully do what the OP suggest that Microsoft is doing.

Exactly. Why would Microsoft want to be responsible for unpatched PCs? What benefit does Microsoft have if hundreds of thousands or millions of PCs are hacked with an exploit they've spent tons of money and man hours to fix? Imagine the PR nightmare if the next massive botnet was due to Microsoft not getting PCs patched.

-KuJoe

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 5:58 PM, Godlygamer23 said:

If Microsoft is keeping people from getting security updates because they want them to use Windows 10, I have one thing to say: Fuck you Microsoft.

They're not. Mainstream support for Windows 7 is over. Only bug fixes are sent to Windows 7.

Mainstream support for Windows 8 is over as well. 8.1 still has support, 10 has mainstream support and will forever.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

2 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

They're not. Mainstream support for Windows 7 is over. Only bug fixes are sent to Windows 7.

Mainstream support for Windows 8 is over as well. 8.1 still has support, 10 has mainstream support and will forever.

Extended support includes security updates. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

8 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Extended support includes security updates. 

Yeah well Microsoft doesn't guarantee a reliable schedule for updates. and usually extended support is for Businesses and enterprise.

Anything consumer based outside of Mainstream support means that it will only get critical updates which fix big problems.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

3 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Yeah well Microsoft doesn't guarantee a reliable schedule for updates. and usually extended support is for Businesses and enterprise.

Anything consumer based outside of Mainstream support means that it will only get critical updates which fix big problems.

No dude.

*face palm*

Another conspiracy claim.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

On 4/22/2016 at 8:59 AM, AluminiumTech said:

Patch Tuesday... 2nd Tuesday of every month at 10PM PDT since 2003. That's a pretty reliable schedule.

-KuJoe

This was a bug, check TetraSky's post. I was able to solve it on my test machine. If you still believe it's a conspiracy then this picture might apply to you:lcgqcKTX1Xt0cpRFgNEUB4BGgEb_ARyW2iMK5DaC

Also, since Windows 7 has had like 400+ updates since release (not accounting cumulative and service packs) it requires a lot of dependency solving before it installs any update. If it doesn't do that, stuff will stop working. Windows 10 doesn't have this problem since every build is effectively a new OS.

My rigs:

Spoiler

NEW Ryzinator build:

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 9 3950X 8-Core Processor

Motherboard: Asus - PRIME X370-PRO ATX AM4

RAM: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2666 @ DDR4-3066

Storage: (3x) Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5", Samsung - 960 EVO 250GB M.2-2280

PSU: Seasonic Prime TX-750

Additional fan: Noctua - NF-A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140mm Fan

Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case

GPU: ASUS Radeon RX 580 Dual OC 4GB

Display: MSI 27L Optix MAG272QP @ 165Hz

OLD Build (SOLD):

CPU: AMD FX-6100 Motherboard: ASRock 960GM/U3S3 FX (VRM overheating, don't buy) RAM: 8GB Kingston ValueRAM GPU: Onboard ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics Case: Corsair Obsidian 500D Storage: Hitachi HDS721010CLA332 1TB, 119GB SAMSUNG MMCRE28G5MXP-0VBH1 (SSD), 465GB Western Digital WDC WD5000AZRX-00L4HB0 (SATA)  PSU: Be quiet! - Straight Power 10 400 Watt Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 

Retro gaming build:

CPU: Intel Pentium 3 Coppermine @ 800MHz Motherboard: Asus P2B i440BX BIOS 1012 FSB: 133 MHz RAM: 1x 128MB Hynix PC133 SDR SDRAM GPU: ATi Radeon 9200 256MB AGP Case: Full Tower case (unbranded) Storage: CompactFlash card to IDE converter (16GB card) Sound Card: Aztech 2320 ISA Cooling: Stock heatsink fan OS: Windows 98 Second Edition