Do you guys put your PCs on your desk or below it?

Flight1sim
2 minutes ago, DebatED Nothing said:

You mean "literally just buying a table from ikea"? It's not a "thing" ;D

No, not the cheap $30 all in particle board table top/legs combo. I mean buying a solid wood butcher block/counter top used for kitchens and finding some nice legs to match it. I'm noticing more and more set up videos/YTers are doing it.

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

For the time being I have an all-in-one computer (but I'm getting a new one in a few weeks)

My 750D is too tall to fit under my desk or on top of it. I took my keyboard tray and cut it in half and bolted it to my hutch so my hutch is 6 inches taller and put my case on my desk

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -

I Used to have my case on separate furniture on the side of my desk which has wheels for easy cleaning and changes and Ofcourse for the great looks but now is sitting on my desk on the corner withe the window facing me so i can see the beauty of the beast just because I now have wallmounted my monitors. But I wouldn't put it under for two reasons: a) airflow and heat anticipation at summer because it gets hot where I live so I don't get my feet warm and my tower stays cool facing the A/C. b) HDDs don't do well when you kick the tower and I have big legs and socks attract a LOT of Dust and it isn't healthy for the case airflow.

American by birth, Greek by ancestry and pride, Geek by enthusiasm, Electronics Engineer by choice , Musician by passion, Blackbeard by appearance.

Pc: Name Vanericus Creation date 11/20/2009 

Laptop: Name Blackbeard date 27/7/2016 Msi GT72S 6QD Diminator G                                            

I built a new desk with the idea of putting the computer inside the desk. I just finished the build last night and haven't finished properly mounting the monitors and routing the cables but this should give you an idea. Also, pardon the overly bright lighting, the LED strip I put in turned on to this setting by default and I just snapped the picture, but don't have a better one at the moment since I'm stuck at work. 

IMG_2912.JPG

Depends on your situation. While I would like to have mine on my desk, I feel like that having it below reduces the overall noise. The choice is yours to make however.

On 03/04/2016 at 0:57 PM, Zenedge said:

because when it was on the floor, the dust buildup is insane.

I second this.

I had it in a hutch under my desktop until i upgraded to a Define R5 case(

, now it's too fat so it sits on the floor besie my desk :-((((

On the desk with its butt at my face :P

gz4u0Gq.jpg

I'll be putting it under as soon as my longer HDMI cable arrives.

Ummmmm

LJiFhVC.jpg

I need to buy an apartment with room for a desk...

PC:

Monolith(Laptop): CPU: i7 5700HQ GPU: GTX 980M 8GB RAM: 2x8GB 1600MHz Storage: 2x128GB Samsung 850 EVO(Raid 0) + 1TB HGST 7200RPM Model: Gigabyte P35XV4 Mouse: Razer Orochi Headset: Turtle Beach Stealth 450

IoT:

Router: Netgear D7000 Nighthawk

NAS: Synology DS218j, 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf

Media Accelerator: Nvidia Shield via Plex

Phone: Sony Xperia X Compact

On top of my desk, mostly because under my desk doesn't have room for it. I'd rather get my desk space back so I can fit a third monitor :P

Your friends are weird. 

Under the desk, but not out of sight; so you can still see the beast, but keep organized as well. 

Cables also tend to be more noticible on top of the desk as well

My mom and I have ours on our desks. My dad has one on his desk and one in a cabinet of his desk that he cut holes in to provide ventilation.

I've seen from school that computers on the carpet are a bad idea. The Colonel at my school's JROTC program keeps his there. There was a thick, solid layer of dust covering the side grilles. I took the dust sheet off one day while he was out of the classroom because I felt bad for the poor little computer.

QUOTE when replying to others / Quality over Quantity in your posts / Avoid ambiguous topic titles

Desktop: "Shockwave" Core i7-5820K / GTX 970 SSC / ASUS X99 Deluxe / 16GB DDR4 / 120GB Samsung 850 EVO / 2TB WD Black Caviar
Laptop:  "Archippos"  Dell XPS 15:  Core i7-7700HQ  /  GTX 1050  /  16GB DDR4  /  512GB NVMe PCI-E SSD

mine is currently laying on its side under some old tv stand.

i5-4670K ~ RX 470 ~ Z87MX-D3H ~ MX300 525GB ~ CM Hyper 212+ ~ 12GB 1600MHz Ram ~ EarthWatts 650 ~ NZXT GAMMA ~ WD Blue 250GB

• 3 weeks later...

Do you put your pc on top or under your desk (or other)? I put it under my desk with the side panel off sometimes to make it less loud, but then I feel like it gets even louder because its hotter under my desk but then i feel like if i put it on my desk it will be louder because its closer to me

lol the dilemma is real

mine's right next to me on the desk :P

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

2 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

lol the dilemma is real

mine's right next to me on the desk :P

What size case?

Under my desk, I have no room with all my monitors, even though its a micro ATX build.

IMG_0248[1].JPG

1 minute ago, daDILLYdog said:

What size case?

mid tower ATX, noctis 450

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

mid tower ATX, noctis 450

Jealous, that's way prettier than my box

Top desk: air filters for the intakes aren't a must, pc case don't matter.

Bottom desk: air filters is highly recommended, tower also must have some leg height from the carpet so it won't suffocate.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero