New CEO of EA!!!!

Youbetternot

Let's see if this CEO is any good, or will they have some evil plan

EA Sports veteran Andrew Wilson has been appointed Chief Executive Officer of Electronic Arts, it was announced today. Wilson replaces John Riccitiello, who resigned in March. EA considered internal and external candidates for the role.

Learn more here: EA!

Wilson_56389_embed.jpg

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

Why did it have to be from their sports game division?

No idea EA is dumb and bad

GUYS EXPECT MORE SPORTS GAMES!

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

Why did it have to be from their sports game division?

One guess could be that the sports division is probably one of their most profitable divisions; but looking past those numbers - of course it's more profitable, all they do is ship the same game every year with a little, LITTLE upgrade. Oh well... EA.

Cheers,

Linus

Sorry but you guys are not very bright. He has been with EA for 13 years. Just because he oversaw the EA Sports department doesn't mean he is going to make a BF4 sports game. 

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Sorry but you guys are not very bright. He has been with EA for 13 years. Just because he oversaw the EA Sports department doesn't mean he is going to make a BF4 sports game. 

They should 0_o

One guess could be that the sports division is probably one of their most profitable divisions; but looking past those numbers - of course it's more profitable, all they do is ship the same game every year with a little, LITTLE upgrade. Oh well... EA.

That's what I was thinking.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

So long as he's better than the old CEO, I'm ok with this. Only time will tell now. 

COMIC SANS

If you played one Madden, you played them all. Not impressed that the new CEO is someone responsible for the most boring rehashes in the video game world.

tumblr_lopqquasuV1qa944oo1_500.jpg

Time to wait for a Football like vehicle gametype in BF4!!

Can't wait!!!

Back from the dead....

I'm very interested to see what changes, if any are made.

I'd really enjoy more sports games being developed on the PC. Mainly some NHL franchise games... Or better yet have them ease up on their licensing power and allow other companies to create NHL games for the PC.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

If you played one Madden, you played them all. Not impressed that the new CEO is someone responsible for the most boring rehashes in the video game world.

tumblr_lopqquasuV1qa944oo1_500.jpg

Let's be honest. How do you not rehash a sports game, unless it's something like SSX where they drastically vary the actual courses.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Let's be honest. How do you not rehash a sports game, unless it's something like SSX where they drastically vary the actual courses.

EA thrives on DLC. The only thing that changes with a sports title are the rosters..which can be handled with a DLC instead of releasing the same game every year.

Can't wait to see what kind of new ideas he has to ruin peoples life's!!!

EA!

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

Oh dear lord, the guy who was behind Origin is now the EA CEO?? Oh man, nothing about this can work out. He was behind FIFA and EA Sports, everything I hate about EA is crystallised in EA Sports as they just pump out slightly polished and barely updated versions of the same game calling it new and charging full price and the you mix all that with the guy behind Origin... As gamers, is this guy not the worst person to take over?

Oh God, it gets worse, I just read this

I also believe EA’s strategy is sound.  Our focus on our talent, our brands and our platform together with our investment in next-generation consoles, mobile and PC free-to-play, as part of our ongoing transition to digital, is right.  But we have plenty of work ahead to ensure our collective success.

Source:

http://www.ea.com/news/a-message-from-ceo-andrew-wilson

So what this guy is saying is that we are not actually interested in AAA PC games but we are going to push crappy console titles that we can just keep pumping out year after year making minimal changes and maximising profit. That we will also push our crappy PC Origin software on you as it maximises profit as it reduces our need for a distribution network.

So EA is going back to everything we hate about EA... So EA just pulled an EA, great :(

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

linus-meme-6.jpg

AMD FX 8320@ Stock - Asus M5A99X Evo R2.0 - Kingston HyperX 8GB 1600Mhz - Corsair Carbide 200R - Powercolor Radeon HD 7950 PCS+OC@970Mhz core 1400Mhz memory - Corsair CS650W - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 
LG 22EA53VQ 21.5" - CM Storm Xornet - CM Storm Quickfire TK - Creative Inspire T3130 2.1

NEW SSX please?

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

oh no more sports games. That would be tewwible, just tewwible

fyi just because the guy is from the sports area doesn't mean that they are going to make more sports games.

I get 60 frames at 1080p on a dual core APU. Ask me how.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

So what this guy is saying is that we are not actually interested in AAA PC games but we are going to push crappy console titles that we can just keep pumping out year after year making minimal changes and maximising profit. That we will also push our crappy PC Origin software on you as it maximises profit as it reduces our need for a distribution network.

So EA is going back to everything we hate about EA... So EA just pulled an EA, great :(

not to shit all over your point but it is a bit naive (I am not calling you naive) to think that ANY company in the world would do anything other than seek to maximize profits.

EA makes shitty sports games every year because it makes them a nice profit. If they did anything different then I would not have any faith in them as a business.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

Well, for a moment I had hope for EA once Riccitiello left.

Only thing left to do is pick up some Doritos and Pepsi.

fyi just because the guy is from the sports area doesn't mean that they are going to make more sports games.

But it probably does. Or at least they will change nothing about how they operate in that arena

not to shit all over your point but it is a bit naive (I am not calling you naive) to think that ANY company in the world would do anything other than seek to maximize profits.

EA makes shitty sports games every year because it makes them a nice profit. If they did anything different then I would not have any faith in them as a business.

Yea, there are companies who do (a lot of companies). Lots actually. Just EA is NOT one of them. 

Tbh I dont like EA that much really, but that was not a giant leap to figure that one out, however my issue with them is not that they keep creating sports games every year with minimal effort very little changes and the same engine, I dont like it but its not my main issue with them (regarding the sports games my issue there is with the moron EA customers who go out and buy the games each year just because a team has a few new players and the crowd images have be marginally improved) no my main issue with them is that they mess up the games I like. Actually "mess up" is a kind way of putting it. They piss and s**t all over them assuming I can a moron and will spend money on any old game just because their marketing department says its good.

But it probably does. Or at least they will change nothing about how they operate in that arena

Yea, there are companies who do (a lot of companies). Lots actually. Just EA is NOT one of them. 

Tbh I dont like EA that much really, but that was not a giant leap to figure that one out, however my issue with them is not that they keep creating sports games every year with minimal effort very little changes and the same engine, I dont like it but its not my main issue with them (regarding the sports games my issue there is with the moron EA customers who go out and buy the games each year just because a team has a few new players and the crowd images have be marginally improved) no my main issue with them is that they mess up the games I like. Actually "mess up" is a kind way of putting it. They piss and s**t all over them assuming I can a moron and will spend money on any old game just because their marketing department says its good.

ok but most of the logic you are using is bad logic.

You think that the sports guy is going to kick in some office doors and say F*** YOU, I'M MAKING SOME SPORTS TITLES!

They are going to make whatever game brings them the most profits. Their deal with the NFL is an awesome deal for them and they would be a terrible company if they abandoned that just to make hardcore PC games.

I am personally looking forward to Claymore Canyon and Jihad Jeep Rally 2014.