What type of job do you have or want to be?

unknownindividual

Want to be in the computer industry and was mostly looking at software development. Just wanted to know what you guys do. If you dont have a job yet what are you looking into?

I browse LTT and reddit and code my own rainmeter skins

enough software development for ya?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I'm in charge of IT support for a few companies, but mostly for hardware.  

The closer I have been to programming is making a BAT file.  xD

Mystery is the source of all true science.

1 minute ago, unknownindividual said:

Want to be in the computer industry and was mostly looking at software development. Just wanted to know what you guys do.

I got out of the tech industry in the early 2000s...prior to that I was a Network Analyst (in charge of planning, deploying, evaluating, and upgrading enterprise networks in the health care industry). Then I worked as a counselor / family services social worker. Now, I'm a High School Teacher.

浪速の建てるは静か用に建てました!- Build Log Coming Soon!

I'm aiming to become a programmer/aerospace engineer for SpaceX or some similar company and eventually go to space lol

Pro Tip: don't use flash when taking pictures of your build; use a longer exposure instead. Prop up your camera with something (preferably a tripod) if necessary.

if you use retarded/autistic/etc to mean stupid please gtfo

I'm a mechanical engineering student and have previously worked in an engineering consultancy firm.

Quite an awesome job, you gotta sit at a desk a lot but I don't think I'd want to work in any other job.

Full disclosure I'm in college and not taking computer programming but I wanna lol. My dream is to design a custom os and custom computer. Foolish but a boy can dream right?

I have a general idea what I want to do after I graduate High School in a couple years (2018) but I'm not sure what I really want to take up.

Anyways in the shorter term while I'm still in high school I hope to get a job at a retail store like Target or Best Buy (hopefully) but I could settle for Walmart, which I mean I'm 16 already but eh I've got a bit going on right now.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

14 minutes ago, unknownindividual said:

Want to be in the computer industry and was mostly looking at software development. Just wanted to know what you guys do. If you dont have a job yet what are you looking into?

either, work at ltt, google, or be a cop

13 minutes ago, Aytex said:

Sucessful youtuber, stay at home make videos about games

if only 99.9% of teens my age weren't doing it...

Lol same me and my

Friends are 'trying' to do the same.

Just now, Lonelycat said:

Full disclosure I'm in college and not taking computer programming but I wanna lol. My dream is to design a custom os and custom computer. Foolish but a boy can dream right?

ever watch the movie spartan?

the one where theres an os like tony starks jarvis.

but its been coded ground up to help infultrate stuff

I'd like to do something like Linus does, working for a business as some sort of tech consultant for a business- helping design and build the workstations and network, and then overseeing it. Otherwise, high schools are always in desperate need of IT technicians, so I could always work there and try to start up a student esports team. Also, maybe some YouTubing on the side xD.

1 minute ago, Bajantechnician said:

ever watch the movie spartan?

the one where theres an os like tony starks jarvis.

but its been coded ground up to help infultrate stuff

No what the heck? YouTube link?

4 minutes ago, wcreek said:

I have a general idea what I want to do after I graduate High School in a couple years (2018) but I'm not sure what I really want to take up.

Anyways in the shorter term while I'm still in high school I hope to get a job at a retail store like Target or Best Buy (hopefully) but I could settle for Walmart, which I mean I'm 16 already but eh I've got a bit going on right now.

This is exactly what my plan is. Bingo.

Currently a university student studying industrial design. I spent three years in high school working in communications with a local government body. After that, I moved cities for university and worked at an architecture firm creating renders, and I left there a few months back to become self-employed and I love it.

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

4 minutes ago, Lonelycat said:

i think it was a cw tv show actually leme check

intersting. not cw.

i donk know what it is.

well, i just rememebr that one of the main caractors had a radio signal thing hooked up to her brain that let her point at wireless cameras, just by listening

1 minute ago, Bajantechnician said:

i think it was a cw tv show actually leme check

intersting. not cw.

i donk know what it is.

well, i just rememebr that one of the main caractors had a radio signal thing hooked up to her brain that let her point at wireless cameras, just by listening

This shows sound so interesting 

10 minutes ago, Lonelycat said:

but anyways, the siftware is basicly jarvis, but the caractors is a mix between sherlock holms and agents of shield

1 minute ago, Lonelycat said:

This shows sound so interesting 

i saw like one episode. cant rememebr the name for crap

10 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

but anyways, the siftware is basicly jarvis, but the caractors is a mix between sherlock holms and agents of shield

Is it still going on? Why was it not a big deal?

10 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

i saw like one episode. cant rememebr the name for crap

Lao thats ok

Just now, Lonelycat said:

Is it still going on? Why was it not a big deal?

thats the thing. i dnt remember it much, since i watched one eppisode like 1 or 2 years ago( a think a year and a half ago)