I stumbled upon this... should we care ? Highly Controversial!

So apparently intel built manufacturing plants "fabs" collectively worth over 4 billion dollars on two separate occasions in occupied "Palestinian Territories".
Some people won't care, but I find it fascinating that this is rarely (almost never) talked about.

Intel built its second largest international fabrication plant in Israel, on land stolen by Israel from Palestinians after express, written guarantees by Israel that it would protect the Palestinians, respect their property and respect international law. Israel, the most notorious violator of International law since the Third Reich, then violated its own agreement, stole the land, and later sold the stolen land to Intel.

"It is basic law that a thief can confer no title to another party. Palestinians have rights to that land. Because Intel is an American company, it can and will be sued in the United States to recover the property or pay fair compensation. In a recent case, Bigio v. Coca-Cola, 239 F.3rd 440 (2nd Cir. 2000) the court addressed similar facts and found justiciable issues.

Source

Detailed back story http://electronicintifada.net/content/nakba-intel-and-kiryat-gat/7625

I really hope Nvidia & AMD don't do things of this nature otherwise we won't have any viable alternatives.

yes intel, build a factory in the middle of a war zone, on land that sees regular rockets. very smart.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

yes intel, build a factory in the middle of a war zone, on land that sees regular rockets. very smart.

So a memory fab caught on fire last week in China... bad things can and will happen, eventually.

So a memory fab caught on fire last week in China... bad things can and will happen, eventually.

more likely to happen when you build on the border of 2 contries that often send missiles at each other.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

Intel Corporation has built a major factory on land stolen by Israel from its lawful Palestinian owners, and now faces a world boycott because this link to Israel's criminal activity

Holy cow :o

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

Was Intel aware that the land was confiscated from the Palestinians when it bought it ? cuz that just sounds downright evil.

they knew what they were doing when they build that 

Was Intel aware that the land was confiscated from the Palestinians when it bought it ? cuz that just sounds downright evil.

It probably did know, Intel most likely got the land for dirt cheap 'no pun intended' from the Israeli government because of its controversial history & dangerous location.

They're after profits after all & nothing beats 0 cost for property.

Amd and nvidia dont own fabs 

So they wont build any

Also its the same  idea why intel built fabs in Ireland 

Its all about cost 

The corporations don't care 

Look at how many corparations helped nazi germany 

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Doesn't matter, it was a brilliant strategy to ally with the Israeli government, the government even partially funded both fabs out of its own pockets to no cost what so ever to Intel.
They put morals aside to get ahead & they succeeded however "extreme" this might have seemed it improved their bottom line, which is all that matters.

Doesn't matter, it was a brilliant strategy to ally with the Israeli government, the government even partially funded both fabs out of its own pockets to no cost what so ever to Intel.

They put morals aside to get ahead & they succeeded however "extreme" this might have seemed it improved their bottom line, which is all that matters.

People tend to forget that corporations are made up of people ! somebody at a senior management level must've thought of this "brilliant" totally devoid of morals for a plan & the CEO, board of directors & whomever else was involved must have been utterly twisted to go along with this.

People tend to forget that corporations are made up of people ! somebody at a senior management level must've thought of this "brilliant" totally devoid of morals for a plan & the CEO, board of directors & whomever else was involved must have been utterly twisted to go along with this.

Like I said it doesn't matter, because it worked, intel makes billions more than AMD because they know how to squeeze out every bit of profit, even if it meant delving into "grey" areas.

Like I said it doesn't matter, because it worked, intel makes billions more than AMD because they know how to squeeze out every bit of profit, even if it meant delving into "grey" areas.

So you're saying that senior management people at intel are basically a bunch of A**holes ? pretty much ? that's a really poor excuse.

So you're saying that senior management people at intel are basically a bunch of A**holes ? pretty much ? that's a really poor excuse.

No, dude listen, not holding the elevator for people in a hospital that's being an Ahole, taking two parking spaces in a parking lot, that's being an Ahole.

Confiscating the land of people living under abject poverty to manufacture chips they most definitely cannot afford not only that but allowing the government you're buying it from to go door to door shooting live ammunition at families' homes and terrorizing them with beatings and torture in the process just so you could improve your profit margins by a few points as a multi-billion dollar company is straight out of "How to Go to Hell for Dummies".

great so if one of these get blown up say hello to high prices -_- i didnt even know they had like terrible minimum wage laws in middle east. 

Keeps competitors spying away... and probably full control of all communications and whereabouts of the workers in the plant.

Joking aside... what the hell are they thinking?

My Rigs (past and present)

One thing I think you guys are overlooking is Jobs. 

This brings jobs to the nearby communities. It is by no means an acceptable trade-off, but good does come out of it in a way.

Plus, those jobs went to the people the land was likely stolen from. Huzzah. /joke

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

One thing I think you guys are overlooking is Jobs. 

This brings jobs to the nearby communities. It is by no means an acceptable trade-off, but good does come out of it in a way.

Plus, those jobs went to the people the land was likely stolen from. Huzzah. /joke

You forcibly took something from someone & gave it somebody else, that's the definition of theft.

Palestinians can't even afford to go through school to acquire the necessary degree & set of skills to work at something like a fab even if they somehow overcome that insurmountable barrier, the established apartheid laws would prevent them from getting any type of job in Israel.

Holy cow :o

holy goat :o

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace