i7 4790,gtx 960 2 gb,16 gb ddr3

Soumyangel

how many years of 1920x1080 gaming will it hold out ??? wil this last me for the next 2 years?

i7 4790,zotac nvidia gtx 960,16 gb ddr 3 corsair vengeance,cm b600 v2,gigabyte h97md3h,2tb seagate+2tb wd,samsung 20",asus xonar dg + 5.1 creative,sennheiser hd202,cooler master elite 311,apc rs 1000g,logitech c270,xbox 360 controller for windows and d link wifi router..

Absolutely 

you know, unless we go through a technological breakthrough and realize we're all atoms in another universe

then aliens come and attack and spread viruses, while master chef is fighting pastazombies in a universe far far away,

it should I wouldn't say absolutely but if all stays at same technology incraments you should be good for longer then that

Yes, 1080p will be around for quite awhile.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

That'll last you. I have almost the same but with an i3 and a 380 (so more GPU power but less CPU power) and mine is holding up well.

I think it will be much better to go with a cheaper processor such as an i5 4690k and a 970 instead. The 960 2gb is already just a midrange GPU that can't handle as many modern games as your would think. The CPU also isn't as important as you would think, and you will end up getting much better frames with a better GPU instead of CPU.

It should be fine.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

pls format your signature with a other background :D soumyangel  

i'd get a better GPU to run the games maxed on 1080p. you might sell your 960 and get a r9 380 or r9 390 for this job

otherwise 1080p wont die fast

Spoiler

CPU i7 4790K 4,7Ghz Cooling:Corsair H100iGTX+Noctua NF-F12PWM GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC+ ACX2.0+ RAM:16GB DDR3 1866mhz Crucial Balistics Tactical Tracer Mobo:ASUS Z97-AR PSU:EVGA 750W G2 Supernova Case:Fractal Meshify C Storage:500GB Samsung 850 evo, 900GB Toshiba Game Storage SSD, 2TB Data HDD

i7 4790k Devils Canyon OC @4,6Ghz,Cooler Corsair h100i GTX, GPU EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ @ stoc

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278610-display-technology-faqmythbuster/

12 minutes ago, Soumyangel said:

how many years of 1920x1080 gaming will it hold out ??? wil this last me for the next 2 years?

on ultra settings? nope, not even today

on medium to high settings? most probably

on low settings? idk, ask the console player that are still at 720p :D

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

11 minutes ago, Soumyangel said:

Are you planning on building a system with these specs? Or do you already have this?

the 960 is kinda meeh for that system

you would be better off with a lesser CPU like an i5 and a better GPU like a 970 or 390 or higher that 2gb or VRAM is going to hinder your PC in allot of games.

21 minutes ago, Aytex said:

you know, unless we go through a technological breakthrough and realize we're all atoms in another universe

then aliens come and attack and spread viruses, while master chef is fighting pastazombies in a universe far far away,

I'm now picturing Gordon Ramsay screaming at the invading aliens about how worthless they are, making them turn in their spacesuits and go home in shame.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.