Gigabyte GTX 950 Xtreme SLI???

dreamhacking
Go to solution Solved by swordsm3n,

If you want it, buy it. I really see no difference to this than buying a super nice looking case just because it looks good and people do that all the time. They could have got a more basic, less expensive case, but they thought it looked good. Do what you want lol

I think that GPU looks so good ... I just want to run them in SLI. Any opinions? 

I only use my computer for web browsing and YouTube purpose. 

Thanks

gigabyte_gtx950.jpg

You use it for web browsing.

and YouTube.

Just use a 750ti. A 950 will run games at 1080p no problem, you could just get one and be fine. Why do you even want to SLI them? Waste of money.

I used to be quite active here.

but why?

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

SLI wont probs do as good for you as 1 better card, also it will generate a lot more heat, unless you are getting it at a great price you shouldnt use these in SLI. Also you dont really need these in SLI just for basic use!

i know it's a waste of money, i want to SLI for the looks ...

their LED logo has different colours ... so cool

A 970 is about the same price and will do just as well while drawing less power.

Just now, dreamhacking said:

i know it's a waste of money, i want to SLI for the looks ...

their LED logo has different colours ... so cool

Just buy a bunch of LED's and run them around your house lol

Current PC: Origin Millennium- i7 5820K @4.0GHz | GTX 980Ti SLI | X99 Deluxe 

Just now, afyeung said:

Just buy a bunch of LED's and run them around your house lol

lol ... it's not Christmas yet

but for real ... that GPU does look SO GOOD to me. 

If you want it, buy it. I really see no difference to this than buying a super nice looking case just because it looks good and people do that all the time. They could have got a more basic, less expensive case, but they thought it looked good. Do what you want lol

2 minutes ago, swordsm3n said:

Thank you. This is the support i am looking for. 

6 minutes ago, dreamhacking said:

lol ... it's not Christmas yet

but for real ... that GPU does look SO GOOD to me. 

no offence,

That's stupid as Fuck.

Do you need a v12 turbo'd engine for a go cart?

no you don't

Might look cool, but it doesn't change the fact is pointless, a waste of money, and uses resources (such as electricity) that wouldn't even needed to be used, because the item needed wouldn't even need it in the first place.

You'll be more than happy with a Gt610/Gt620.

If you want something "cooler" I have a Asus 750ti with a dci2 cooler

2 minutes ago, dreamhacking said:

Don't say we didn't warn you. Also, if you had your mind DEAD SET on buying it in the first place, why did you make a pointless topic asking for people's oppinion on it. If you're dead set on buying it, it's not like we can change your mind on it.

On a happier note, have fun building 

6 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

Don't say we didn't warn you. Also, if you had your mind DEAD SET on buying it in the first place, why did you make a pointless topic asking for people's oppinion on it. If you're dead set on buying it, it's not like we can change your mind on it.

On a happier note, have fun building 

I just wanted to see how many people would actually buy things based on their wants over needs.

I am debating this over myself whether i should get them or not. With more people agreeing i feel better to make the purchase, but if i see more people commented like you i would feel more discouraged and at the end i might not be buying them.

This is not a pointless topic, you guys do contribute on my decision making !!! 

8 minutes ago, dreamhacking said:

you came to us for opinion and seems like you already have a fixed mindset

my personal opinion would be:

1) you can get cheaper cards for your purpose, like old 750Ti or something with LED

2) for youtube and browsing, your dont need any external gpu unless you have like 5 monitors or something

3) i do agree that sli both cards would look awesome, so awesome that i almost did the same, but im more into performance than looks therefore i opted for a single higher performing cards. but if your ultimate goal is for looks, go ahead. each person have their own rights to spend their money on things they want to achieve, most people would want performance from their pc but you would want looks and i understand that

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

13 minutes ago, dreamhacking said:

I just wanted to see how many people would actually buy things based on their wants over needs.

I am debating this over myself whether i should get them or not. With more people agreeing i feel better to make the purchase, but if i see more people commented like you i would feel more discouraged and at the end i might not be buying them.

This is not a pointless topic, you guys do contribute on my decision making !!! 

It is pointless

What if 75% of the responces were no, would you still get it?

Judging from your responses, you still would.

99% of people look for something that looks nice, AND performs respectively well. Sports cars don't just look nice, they work nice.

However, to each his own. 

11 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

~SNIP~

My point exactly.

However, it's your pc, and it's not me who will be looking at it every day. If I were you, ever time I see that pc, I would cry, because I would be looking at wasted money. Those two 950s could have been one 960, and I could have actually done something on it, such as gaming and 3d modeling.

In not.discouraging it . I'm just station facts, and I am SURE that this entire forum will agree with me. You don't need 2 cards. They would be nice to have, but you have no reason to have toother than aesthetics. Now it's your.money. spend it as you like

2 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

However, it's your pc, and it's not me who will be looking at it every day. If I were you, ever time I see that pc, I would cry, because I would be looking at wasted money. Those two 950s could have been one 960, and I could have actually done something on it, such as gaming and 3d modeling.

In not.discouraging it . I'm just station facts, and I am SURE that this entire forum will agree with me. You don't need 2 cards. They would be nice to have, but you have no reason to have toother than aesthetics. Now it's your.money. spend it as you like

you're viewing this from a performance stand point, which is by default what we should do

but OP is focusing on looks, so we should give suggestions regarding that

change your mindset to view things in "Appearance per dollar" instead of "Performance per dollar" then it'll make sense xD

its like buying a skull candy headphone as a fashion statement

12 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

you're viewing this from a performance stand point, which is by default what we should do

but OP is focusing on looks, so we should give suggestions regarding that

change your mindset to view things in "Appearance per dollar" instead of "Performance per dollar" then it'll make sense xD

its like buying a skull candy headphone as a fashion statement

Skull candy is fugly. Lol. Corsair ones are nice tho.

Appearance per dollar?

Still nope

Two of these?

http://www.techpowerup.com/mobile/215509/inno3d-announces-ichill-geforce-gtx-950-graphics-card.html

Oh yeah

1 minute ago, Bajantechnician said:

Skull candy is fugly. Lol. Corsair ones are nice tho.

Appearance per dollar?

Still nope

Two of these?

http://www.techpowerup.com/mobile/215509/inno3d-announces-ichill-geforce-gtx-950-graphics-card.html

Oh yeah

beauty is within the eyes of the beholder

but i do agree that skull candy is fugly :D

i would just buy any aftermarket cooler gpu that can have its parts disassembled and 3D print my custom shroud and embed LED all over it

then spray paint it to pure awesomeness