The Division - Ubisoft's Fastest-Selling Game

Lazmarr

BTW, take 75% off the gold editions price ($110 USD) and you get its true value.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

If You want to play a game like Destiny, just play Warframe.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

So much hype but for some reason i feel its gonna have Titanfall effect.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I was really against Ubisoft but I think they did good job with this one, really liked it on beta and bought it.

//Case: Phanteks 400 TGE //Mobo: Asus x470-F Strix //CPU: R5 2600X //CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i v2 //RAM: G-Skill RGB 3200mhz //HDD: WD Caviar Black 1tb //SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 250Gb //GPU: GTX 1050 Ti //PSU: Seasonic MII EVO m2 520W

saw people playing, boring game is boring. Keeping my money for a true MMO: Black Desert Online, where devs are pushing my system to it's limits, inovating the MMORPG formula by offering an interesting combat style, and letting socialization between players do the rest (economy and politics), also getting Overwatch for quick actions

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

14 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

saw people playing, boring game is boring. Keeping my money for a true MMO: Black Desert Online, where devs are pushing my system to it's limits, inovating the MMORPG formula by offering an interesting combat style, and letting socialization between players do the rest (economy and politics), also getting Overwatch for quick actions

Agreed Will buy BDO as well incredible game, even though had some hiccups on the beta with the performance

//Case: Phanteks 400 TGE //Mobo: Asus x470-F Strix //CPU: R5 2600X //CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i v2 //RAM: G-Skill RGB 3200mhz //HDD: WD Caviar Black 1tb //SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 250Gb //GPU: GTX 1050 Ti //PSU: Seasonic MII EVO m2 520W

15 minutes ago, Paragon_X said:

Agreed Will buy BDO as well incredible game, even though had some hiccups on the beta with the performance

I'll obviously wait for reviews, but i don't know if i should pre order overwatch, i do want those models and gears for diablo and heroes but then i'll be supporting the pre-ordering model and i'll feel bad about it :(

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

13 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

I'll obviously wait for reviews, but i don't know if i should pre order overwatch, i do want those models and gears for diablo and heroes but then i'll be supporting the pre-ordering model and i'll feel bad about it :(

Dont really like Overwatch to be honest, but about BDO have played the beta it has an awesome combat system, has a nice sandbox world but the end game content at the moment is at level 50 nothing higher than that but is to be expected since it released almost 1 week ago.

8 minutes ago, Paragon_X said:

Dont really like Overwatch to be honest, but about BDO have played the beta it has an awesome combat system, has a nice sandbox world but the end game content at the moment is at level 50 nothing higher than that but is to be expected since it released almost 1 week ago.

Doesn't really bother me that the level cap is low, as long as the levelling up phase is nice and fun and the end game doesn't make you go  "i'll start a new character cause the levelling was funnier" then i'm all good

I don't really understand why so many people get their panties in a bunch over this stuff. I don't care if you don't like a particular game, it's not going to affect my enjoyment in the slightest. So many people seem to believe that a game's enjoyability is an objective value, when it is (by definition) subjective. You don't like Destiny or The Division or any other game? Fine, don't play them. But don't be an ass hole and go out telling other people that they can't enjoy something that you don't, especially when the player base statistics are staring you in the face, telling you that there are, in fact, a huge number of people who do have fun playing these games.

And the whole point of video games is to have fun, right? Or did I miss something?

10 hours ago, Lazmarr said:

I actually really enjoyed unity xD

HOW DARE YOU! hahah =p

11 hours ago, Droidbot said:

look at the AC franchise, there's 17 games and 9 main games since 2007. they mostly have poor sales. the older games were awesome, like AC1 and 2, but after that it took the COD way of thinking and they released a rushed new game every year for fanboys to buy. 

the old tom clancy games were awesome, but now r6s is full of hackers/griefers and there was even some hackers during the division open beta. 

it's gonna get worse and ubisoft does not give a shit for after service support. 

Im glad they took a year break for AC so thats cool. I dont know anything about RS6 so i cant comment on that but the thing with the division hackers... that was on beta which was a good thing! from what ive seen not any hackers now?

people are quick to judge the game from the beta, thinking they know the game in its entirety. fine by me. if they want to let bias get in their thinking so be it.

they hear youtubers say its boring and they jump on the bandwagon and say its boring too.
sure i don't disagree that its repetitive. its an age old mmorpg formula. So if you personally don't appreciate those grindy missions and what not. don't play it. say it's not to your tastes, don't say the game is shit cause it's not to your personal preference.

it does have bullet spongey enemies, especially the elites and named enemies in the dz. however its not as bad as people would like you to believe. if it takes you 5 mags to drop a elite, you are either too under leveled, under geared, or you aren't aiming for the heads and or the gas tanks/grenade packs. it's an mmorpg so it should punish you accordingly if you are under geared. On top of that, mobs melt when you are in a group. in that sense i would say for the dz, they need to nerf group play. 

i played both the cbt and obt with over 50hours of gametime combined so yeah i've played a lot, i po it since i knew i would like it after the beta and i got it cheap (around 40usd) so to those who think the beta is a representation of the entire game: don't. 

to those who are still on the fence after playing the beta: if you aren't interested in the grindy aspect or didn't have fun playing, then i suggest holding off.
sure it gives you the gist of the game and its mechanics but it sure as hell doesn't give you the entire content. heck the beta was like what 10% of the entire content? you barely had access to any skills and there was no variation in playstyle. but now that the full skill trees and talents and perks are unlocked you got more to choose from.
the game sure does has its gripes and i'm not saying its perfect, but i'm pretty sure its not a shit game like people would suggest. 

tl;dr
its a repetitive, mmorpg, loot-based, third person shooter.

it's fun if you are playing with a group of friends and you can just mess around in the dz.
it can be fun if you like playing solo which i do most of the time since its challenging and exciting.

so if you can't have fun, don't buy it. i sure as hell enjoy it and other people not liking it sure isn't gonna make me stop playing. hell it just means less griefers and trolls 

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB

It's new IP so something to be interested about, no surprised it sold really well :)
Either way, it's a fun game in it's own way. If they polish it more and continue to support it over time it will be great. Cause that's what you do for your game :)

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Anything is fun with friends. I can play minesweeper with friends and it'll be fun because there's people around.

The game itself is really really average. Basically, one of the Wikipedia's definitons of the word "average" should be Tom Clancy's The Division.

The production values are there but other than that it's a really bland Borderlands with the same big issue - bullet spongy enemies everywhere.

Now, Borderlands kind of gets away with it because you're mostly killing monsters and stuff, but here, you're just shooting people that can take three clips of bullets in a coat, so immersion is dead as soon as you encounter the first enemy.

The Dead Zone is a cool concept and probably the game's one and only redeeming factor, but that will get old quickly too.

The graphics? Sure, they're good, but it's not really that important, unless you're a console gamer. Console gamers don't seem to buy any games that don't push their hardware to the point of nearly melting. They'll jump on it.

At least you don't have to climb radio towers yet, but I'm sure they'll get there.

1 minute ago, Mr0life said:

Now, Borderlands kind of gets away with it because you're mostly killing monsters and stuff, but here, you're just shooting people that can take three clips of bullets in a coat, so immersion is dead as soon as you encounter the first enemy.

I don't think that people who are interested in this game are expecting it to be some sort of simulator-type game. It's an online RPG game, so of course you have bullet sponge-y enemies. Do people shy away from WoW because a guy surviving five fireballs to the face is unrealistic and "kills the immersion"? No, of course not! The thing that makes these games enticing (for some people, not everybody) is the progression. Getting loot, making yourself more powerful, fortifying your base, etc. If you want immersion go play a military sim.

Yeah but the progression in The Division is not very interesting either. You just get more DPS.

Alright, well that seems like a more reasonable criticism then. I'm hoping that I disagree when I get around to playing it, though I haven't gotten a chance yet. I dunno, I haven't gotten into any RPGs in a while, so I'm hoping that I'll like this one.

8 minutes ago, Mr0life said:

Anything is fun with friends. I can play minesweeper with friends and it'll be fun because there's people around.

IMO, in the case of The Division, I'd say the "better with friends" claim is more valid because the game seems to put more emphasis on flanking and firing angles, so coordinating with other people in small skirmishes might add a little depth - more than, say, something like Borderlands. Of course, if you play it single-player only (like I tend to), then the game isn't nearly as fun. That's just my impression from the beta, anyway.

The Division isn't my cup of tea, but I don't think it's a bad game.

Oh no it's not a BAD game. It's just completely average, as if this game was the definition of 6/10.
I'd wait for some interesting content, although most of it will probably be paid DLC. Holding out for an iconic Complete Edition is probably a very good idea.

8 hours ago, bbqsauce said:

-snip-

Don't forget they're realeasing content for it yearly... I bought the season pass since what they've announced as DLC sounds awesome. Especially the underground expansion, which seems to be procedurally generated and (speculation)may end up as a tower system in which the father you descend the more difficult it gets :D

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

2 minutes ago, Jack_of_all_Trades said:

That goes for pretty much everything.

You said the beta covers 10% of the content , but not what the 90% rest is and how its different. And you are saying there is a skill tree but from what I've looked at , its like there is barely anything there.  Thats not a skill tree 

Reveal hidden contents

7QeaYe4.jpg

this is a skill tree. 

Can you please actually explain some fun and challenging aspects of the game , not just say that its there - somewhere. I'm genuinely curious because from what I've seen the fun just isn't there, I just don't see it.    

path of exile uber crazy skill tree, always love to see that pic

22 hours ago, Klerk said:

How to make games in 2016: Spend money in marketing instead of spending it in servers and development.

Yeah, those live action trailers almost got me to pre-order it! :o 

then I played the beta and was like "wah da shit?!?". all the love previously earned disappeared...

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)