The Division - Ubisoft's Fastest-Selling Game

Lazmarr
10 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

That's really dumb though. If Ubisoft puts out good titles, you should buy those titles (if you like the game anyways). Just because they game is published by Ubisoft doesn't make the game inherently bad to buy just because le Ubisoft.

It probably is. I may reconsider buying certain Ubisoft games once they get their stuff together - *cough* graphics downgrade + technical support *cough*. They've screwed up too many times for it to be "accidents", they are testing how far they can go in terms of being lazy while making the most money - in my eyes.

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

6 minutes ago, FunkyFeatures said:

It probably is. I may reconsider buying certain Ubisoft games once they get their stuff together - *cough* graphics downgrade + technical support *cough*. They've screwed up too many times for it to be "accidents", they are testing how far they can go in terms of being lazy while making the most money - in my eyes.

The Division wasn't downgraded.

You need to vote with your wallet. Whatever a majority of people seem to buy, they will make more of. The Division outsold Watch Dogs, so now Ubisoft is thinking we want more of what The Division has -- hopefully that means amazing PC versions of games because The Division nailed it.

Sadly.

It seems more fun to watch streamers like summit1g play it than to play it, and that's free instead of whatever ridiculous amounts each package costs for the game.

The game is pretty awesome TBH, im only level 15 so i don't know what the end game is like. But i have a full time job so i cant be one of the people to play 40 hours in  2-3 days and reach level 30 then complain about the game.

On 3/9/2016 at 3:25 PM, spartaman64 said:

ive heard good and bad things about it

I heard that it is an extremely subjective game. As it caters to a specific audience that likes grinding MMO's which I like somewhat so I am debating getting it.

13 hours ago, Kloaked said:

The Division wasn't downgraded.

You need to vote with your wallet. Whatever a majority of people seem to buy, they will make more of. The Division outsold Watch Dogs, so now Ubisoft is thinking we want more of what The Division has -- hopefully that means amazing PC versions of games because The Division nailed it.

http://gamerant.com/the-division-pc-version-comparable-to-consoles/, Division is damn close to perfect, they just had to do something

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

10 hours ago, FunkyFeatures said:

http://gamerant.com/the-division-pc-version-comparable-to-consoles/, Division is damn close to perfect, they just had to do something

I really don't care about the whole "kept the PC version in check". It looks great. It runs well after you turn volumetric fog to medium. 

No game is going to be perfect. I'm just saying The Division is a great PC game and it's one of the best games Ubisoft has published in a very long time.

11 hours ago, FunkyFeatures said:

Felt like that statement from the video was completely twisted. If you actually watched the original video, there wasn't any reference to the graphics, but rather it was about the game as a whole while the dev was talking about keeping the PC version in check. Graphically game looks good even in the beta. Dev was most likely referring to all the core mechanics that they could've added in if it was a sole PC release. In reality, this is true for all hardware, since there are always more weaker computers than powerful ones.