The Division - Ubisoft's Fastest-Selling Game

Lazmarr

news_reveal_web_101398.jpg

Ubisoft announced in its press release that more copies of 'The Division' have been sold in its first 24 hours than any other Ubisoft game in their history; as well as setting the digital sales records across all its available platforms.

However they are yet to provide sales figures of the number of copies sold and the sales records.

David Polfeldt said the studio is "extremely happy" with The Division's launch, mentioning that it "represents Ubisoft at its best," developed by Massive and its associate studios "working at maximum capacity in highly-productive collaboration."

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-division-is-ubisofts-fastest-selling-game/1100-6435509/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although published by Ubisoft The Division is quite enjoyable and so far I've been having immense fun whilst playing it.

It would seem that Ubisoft may be heading in the right direction towards better PC releases as I have not had any crashes or many issues, other than getting stuck occasionally, with The Division so far.

On top of that it seems to be rather well optimised as I can run at ultra with few settings reduced to below high at 40-60fps :)

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

1 minute ago, Lazmarr said:

news_reveal_web_101398.jpg

Ubisoft announced in its press release that more copies of 'The Division' have been sold in its first 24 hours than any other Ubisoft game in their history; as well as setting the digital sales records across all its available platforms.

However they are yet to provide sales figures of the number of copies sold and the sales records.

David Polfeldt said the studio is "extremely happy" with The Division's launch, mentioning that it "represents Ubisoft at its best," developed by Massive and its associate studios "working at maximum capacity in highly-productive collaboration."

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-division-is-ubisofts-fastest-selling-game/1100-6435509/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although published by Ubisoft The Division is quite enjoyable and so far I've been having immense fun whilst playing it.

It would seem that Ubisoft may be heading in the right direction towards better PC releases as I have not had any crashes or many issues, other than getting stuck occasionally, with The Division so far.

On top of that it seems to be rather well optimised as I can run at ultra with few settings reduced to below high at 40-60fps :)

Seen gameplay of it. Literally first 20 minutes for some people is waiting in line, the game.

Also probably the fastest amount of negative reviews ever of any Ubisoft game on Steam.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

I received a copy free with my 980, Logged in - server crashed for about 3 hours, got back in and I couldn't be happier with it =]

CPU: Intel Core i5 6600K  Motherboard: Asus Z170-A  CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GT  GPUGigabyte GTX 980 Xtreme  RAM:2x8gb HyperX Fury  SSD: 120gb A-Data  HDD: 1Tb WD Blue 7200RPM - 750gb Hitachi 2.5" HDD  PSU: EVGA SuperNova G1 650W  Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX  Monitor: 27" AOC LED IPS x 2  Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB Silent  Mouse: Corsair Scimitar RGB

HeadsetLogitech G430  

why are people giving these buffoons money after AC:U? 

they're pumping out tom clancy games faster than new assassin's creed games, looks like this is the next franchise these idiots are going to destroy

idk

I hated the Beta. It was quite well optimized tho (Running 100+ FPS Maxed out everything). The game was horribly buggy, and boring tho. It seemed every time I got in PVP the other person moved into cover for 5 seconds then healed to full health.

Honestly kinda surprised to hear this...

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

2 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

Seen gameplay of it. Literally first 20 minutes for some people is waiting in line, the game.

Ubisoft: "They want more realism. They want more immersion... Fine! Let's give them both!" "Introducing The Divison. Unprecedented graphics and immersion, includes real line simulator to teach kids manors :D"

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

It's Steam reviews have been quite damming, and it's apparently got simplistic and repetitive AI, the missions are also repetitive and boring I've been told.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

My guess is that it will be polished in a year like destiny was. I'm not even going to consider buying it until I have pascal.

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

How to make games in 2016: Spend money in marketing instead of spending it in servers and development.

"Graphics and gameplay are not mutually exclusive."

"Nvidia, AMD, Intel, or whatever company out there has only one end goal and that is PROFIT.

If you think these companies exist for any other reason you're gonna be disappointed my dear. CAVEAT EMPTOR"

26 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

why are people giving these buffoons money after AC:U? 

they're pumping out tom clancy games faster than new assassin's creed games, looks like this is the next franchise these idiots are going to destroy

Because people are enjoying the game? sorry the worlds doesnt revolve around your taste.

Also i dont disagree about how bad unity was, go make a game better than ubisoft then talk trash =]]

Am I the only one who is sick to death of seeing youtube adverts or TV spots for this bloody game? It feels like that is the only thing Ubisoft has spent their money on during this games development, marketing.

This is literally Destiny 2.0 in every aspect, from pouring more resources into marketing than actual game development to how lifeless, uninspired and repetitive the gameplay is, and yet people still fell for it. Game is sitting at essentially a 5/10 on steam. Whats scary is that even with how many times people have been burned by preorders, this game still had about 1.4 mil preorders. Ubisoft made at least 84 mil before this game came out for it to turn out to be mediocre. I have no sympathy for the people who are now having buyer's remorse.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

in the end it's up to the player whether this game is fun or not, and if it's worth the price. 

12 minutes ago, abdul94 said:

Because people are enjoying the game? sorry the worlds doesnt revolve around your taste.

Also i dont disagree about how bad unity was, go make a game better than ubisoft then talk trash =]]

look at the AC franchise, there's 17 games and 9 main games since 2007. they mostly have poor sales. the older games were awesome, like AC1 and 2, but after that it took the COD way of thinking and they released a rushed new game every year for fanboys to buy. 

the old tom clancy games were awesome, but now r6s is full of hackers/griefers and there was even some hackers during the division open beta. 

it's gonna get worse and ubisoft does not give a shit for after service support. 

idk

37 minutes ago, abdul94 said:

I actually really enjoyed unity xD

This is the first Ubisoft game I've bought since Might and Magic Legacy, and I've really really been enjoying it.

My biggest issues aren't even game related,  it's NV and their buggy drivers.

Only major bug I've run into is after finishing a story mission and running back to base, only to fall through the world. :P

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

The game looks pretty cool, I'm strongly considering it. Do you think it will go on sale within a year?

This game + Destiny make me lose faith, not only in gamers but in mankind in general: we're collectively too fucking stupid to live.

-------

Current Rig

-------

2 hours ago, niofalpha said:

I hated the Beta. It was quite well optimized tho (Running 100+ FPS Maxed out everything). The game was horribly buggy, and boring tho. It seemed every time I got in PVP the other person moved into cover for 5 seconds then healed to full health.

Honestly kinda surprised to hear this...

i don't have the game but it seems the beta was cut out of a lot of content and features that are available in the same playable area that the beta took place so at least the PvE aspect should be OK, though PVP, IMO will turn into either a clusterfuck full of cunts a la DayZ or at most be enjoyable with a full party of friends, seriously unless they add a way that you can join lobbies/servers where parties are disable going solo is going to worthless, which is annoying because you can't get the good weapons outside the PVP area. During my time with the beta, i never got shit inside the PVP area, because of what i said, either i get rekt by dicks on party killing everyone left and right, or can't enter a stronghold because the AI overwhelms you when going solo.

TLDR: its a shit game unless you have friends to play with.

2 hours ago, Sakkura said:

Bad game, record sales? Sigh.

Marketing, boy!!! where 90% of the games development budget* goes.

*i made that percentage but you get the point.

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

4 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

This game + Destiny make me lose faith, not only in gamers but in mankind in general: we're collectively too fucking stupid to live.

Trump has momentum and is the fav of the media on the rep side, ill say by 2040 where gonna live fallout style, those that survive ofc. 

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

2 hours ago, ivan134 said:

This is literally Destiny 2.0 in every aspect, from pouring more resources into marketing than actual game development to how lifeless, uninspired and repetitive the gameplay is, and yet people still fell for it. Game is sitting at essentially a 5/10 on steam. Whats scary is that even with how many times people have been burned by preorders, this game still had about 1.4 mil preorders. Ubisoft made at least 84 mil before this game came out for it to turn out to be mediocre. I have no sympathy for the people who are now having buyer's remorse.

This is some one's list of pros and cons, and I have to say that I agree with them (also, anyone who pre ordered is an idiot-I only got it because I had a 75% off coupon for any game on Steam):

I wanted to love this game, I really did. Ever since its announcement I have been following it as close as possible, pleading the developers to bring it to the PC. The idea of an MMO, modern shooter in New York City is a wonderful idea and early gameplay (and later gameplay as well) looked great.

Now that I actually have the game... well I've come to the harsh reality that the book isn't half as good as the cover art. The Division isn't a horrible game, but it isn't the first class, open world MMORPG Shooter it sold itself as. I'll simply end up forgetting it. Let's look over the Pros and Cons

PROS:
-The world itself is wonderfully constructed. While the graphics are meh, the actual construction of the city is great, and it does feel like Manhattan turned upside down. Trash is everywhere, cars careened in the sides, and hordes of hungry, desperate people try to stay alive. One minute you are participating in a pitched firefight at Madison Garden, the next you are clearing an apartment room by room, looking over the trashed remains of a child's bedroom. That can hit you hard and these moments are the best the Division has to offer.

-The story works... sort of. It's nothing special, the acting is a little stilted, but all in all, it gets you into the world and invested in it. You don’t need much more from it than it provides.

-Teaming up with other players feels good and the tactics of team fighting work rather well. The AI isn't anything special, but it can be difficult enough to give a challenge to your team. A verity of skills and specializations also make different characters work well together, each having a role in your squad.

-Customization of your characters feels good. Outfits all work well and you can give your character a utilitarian, unique look that fits the world. It doesn't fall into the trap of one character wearing authentic armor and another a solid diamond bikini that many games fall into. It all feels serious, ingrained in the world.

CONS:

-Combat is rather basic and even a little mind numbing. Every battle feels the same, no matter what equipment your foes bring to the fight. You use the same two abilities every time, fire the same assault rifle, and rarely use another weapon unless you run out of ammunition. The AI isn't brain dead, but it does nothing interesting, nothing that will ever surprise you. If you die, it’s either because you make a dumb decision, or you picked a fight with something that is simply too much of a bullet sponge to kill.

-The graphics are meh. If you play on a low to mid-tier system, things will look really splotchy, sort of muddy at all points. Higher end systems remedy this, but even then it’s not anything we can't find in any other modern game. The meat of the graphics is in its final product, not the assets or effects used to achieve it.

-The combat mechanics themselves are lackluster, reminding me a lot of Spec Ops, The Line. Guns don't really feel different and against the persistent bullet sponge enemies you face, your loadout feels weak at all times. Even the machine guns, marksman rifles, and magnum revolvers come off as piddle after you fire a few thousand rounds at a single foe wearing a hoodie. They sound good, but the feel and impact are lacking. 

-The total game lacks depth. If you are going to do anything, you do it by shooting. Want to save someone? Shoot someone. Gather gear? Shoot someone. Fix tech? Shoot someone. Recruit an ally? Shoot someone. Gather blood samples to counteract a deadly disease? Shoot someone. There is just no variety and the core gameplay is too shallow to make up for this. You will grow tired of this very quickly.

-I have no issue with looters or grinders and have indeed enjoyed the aspect in a number of games (I even liked Destiny's later implementation of it) but this game just doesn't make it work. All items feel the same, some having higher numbers than others. The few that have special abilities are really just stat increases that trigger every so often. While I love the feeling of opening a container to find the secrets within, the Division just made me go "Yay. +1 to my stat. Woooo...." In order to make a good looter, the LOOT has to be special or at least exiting. The Division failed at this. Small increases in stats does not a good looter make. 

-The MMO aspect feels a bit... sectioned off. It’s as if the entire theory of this section was "Big Fences Make Better Neighbors". In my entire play period I worked with another player all of one time, and that was because I used the matchmaking (which can take FOREVER, even on launch day). You miss that special element of walking down the street and bumping into someone else, or stumbling upon the remains of another player's pitched firefight. While areas like the Dark Zone do this well enough, and Safe Houses allow you to rub noses with other Agents, the moment you walk out the door, you are alone, and you feel it. An MMO should never, ever, make you feel alone, like you are the only person around, especially in the heart of New York City.

FINAL THOUGHTS

Ultimately, the problem with the Division is that, I feel no need to return to it. I'm not hooked into the story and while the world they built is extraordinary, the content within it is ultimately unappealing. I don't want to go through another firefight in the Division, I don't want to go hunting for weapon parts, or rummaging through contaminated areas to find a new jacket for my character. I simply feel no need to return. 

The gameplay is uninspiring, the progression yawn-inducing the looting commits the most grievous sin. I don't feel excitement when I open a container or search a body. 

That's my experience with the Division. I would not recommend it.

Also, first review not to mention the horrors of UPlay!... 

...shoot.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL