Nerd Sports

I feel like I shouldn't be posting about this since it's vessel only, but what's your opinion on the idea itself? 

I like it, im excited to see Dennis playing sports.

It was like a 15 second trailer, I didn't get an opinion on it at all and I am not planning to extend my Vessel subscription for it too

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I pay for vessel but dislike the idea of "NERD SPORTS" being a "only on vessel" thing. The reality is that Linus Media Group would be nowhere without its community and any "vessel only content" would be a massive backhand to a large proportion of the community. However Id wait for more clarification on this "issue" from Linus or LMG because at the moment we are making assumptions based on a 15 second hyper edited trailer with only two seconds of onscreen text. Id love to hear more opinions on this though also.

12 hours ago, jonsmith9847 said:

I pay for vessel but dislike the idea of "NERD SPORTS" being a "only on vessel" thing. The reality is that Linus Media Group would be nowhere without its community and any "vessel only content" would be a massive backhand to a large proportion of the community. However Id wait for more clarification on this "issue" from Linus or LMG because at the moment we are making assumptions based on a 15 second hyper edited trailer with only two seconds of onscreen text. Id love to hear more opinions on this though also.

why do you dislike the idea of vessel only? there are netflix exclusives, amazon exclusives, hulu, youtube RED. so why not Vessel. creators have the right to make money off of their content. 

as for the content, I have no idea what it's going to be.

8 hours ago, amintha1992 said:

why do you dislike the idea of vessel only? there are netflix exclusives, amazon exclusives, hulu, youtube RED. so why not Vessel. creators have the right to make money off of their content. 

as for the content, I have no idea what it's going to be.

Sorry for the confusion and ambiguity in my post, Its not the concept of "exclusives" as a whole i dislike. I am focusing on Linus media group producing exclusives. However now that we have received some more clarification from Linus (quoted below for anyone interested) Im shifting my position towards a more neutral stance on the matter. My first thoughts when id seen the trailer instantly put me in one of vessels meetings and thought they'd had a meeting that went a bit like this:

A: "Hey boss, half our customer base is going to run away when the Linustechtips free subscriptions run out!"

B: "Thats not good! How are we going to persuade them to give us their money and not switch back to youtube?"

C: "Lets drop the subscription fee by 44%!"

B: "Cool so now we are only going to lose 49% of our customer base, what else can we do?"

C: "NERD SPORTS!, lets pay Linus media group loads of $$$ and axe off half of there channel super fun idea and spin it as our own!"

A: "YOU SHOULD."

)

• 1 month later...

So when it is online? I have been hyped for whole day, and still not showing. And damn you if have put some area restriction on it!