Looking For The Best Headphones For Gaming

onlos

I've had my Razer Krakens for awhile now and they are beginning to get damaged here and there and was looking for a new pair. Does anyone have any suggestions NOTE: Im just looking for Audio w/ no mic I have a separate Blue Yeti mic

Edit: Budget is no more then 300$

whats your budget because if you are looking for the "best" one then its probably the best possible headphone like a sennheiser Orpheus or something

1 minute ago, spartaman64 said:

whats your budget because if you are looking for the "best" one then its probably the best possible headphone like a sennheiser Orpheus or something

True haha as much as id like those i think i wouldnt spend more then 300$

Just now, onlos said:

hd 558s or hd 598 both good headphones with great sound, if you get 598s a dac/amp might be a good investment too

Just now, WolfoftheShadow7465 said:

hd 558s or hd 598 both good headphones with great sound, if you get 598s a dac/amp might be a good investment too

No just no with the 598s they don't need a dac/amp at all.

[CPU-i5 4690k] [MB-Asus Maximus VII Hero] [GPU-Asus Matirx 980ti] [Ram-8GB Corsair Vengeance ram] [ Cooling-Corsair H100i/ 3 Noctua NF-P12 for intake] [sSD/HDD-120GB evo/ 1TB WB Caviar blue] [Case-NZXT H440] [Dell U3415W]

1 minute ago, onlos said:

http://www.amazon.com/AKG-Pro-Audio-K702-Headphones/dp/B001RCD2DW/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1457313231&sr=1-3&keywords=akg+open+back+headphones these are open back so it doesnt do a good job of noise isolation and probably if someone is next to you they can hear the sounds but its much easier to locate where a sound is coming from in a game with open back headphones

Just now, spartaman64 said:

http://www.amazon.com/AKG-Pro-Audio-K702-Headphones/dp/B001RCD2DW/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1457313231&sr=1-3&keywords=akg+open+back+headphones these are open back so it doesnt do a good job of noise isolation and probably if someone is next to you they can hear the sounds but its much easier to locate where a sound is coming from in a game with open back headphones

Massdrop has the K7XX up for sale atm which is a better version of the K702

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/akg-x-massdrop-k7xx-limited-edition-ruby-red

[CPU-i5 4690k] [MB-Asus Maximus VII Hero] [GPU-Asus Matirx 980ti] [Ram-8GB Corsair Vengeance ram] [ Cooling-Corsair H100i/ 3 Noctua NF-P12 for intake] [sSD/HDD-120GB evo/ 1TB WB Caviar blue] [Case-NZXT H440] [Dell U3415W]

Just now, roctrebira said:

No just no with the 598s they don't need a dac/amp at all.

i would think it depended more on your onboard sound because i know my friend has terrible sound interference and i dont, if i was to spend $200 or more on headphones id hate to have interference

Just now, WolfoftheShadow7465 said:

i would think it depended more on your onboard sound because i know my friend has terrible sound interference and i dont, if i was to spend $200 or more on headphones id hate to have interference

How old is his system because anything within the past few years is more than capable.

1 minute ago, roctrebira said:

How old is his system because anything within the past few years is more than capable.

Motherboard is MSI Z97 Gaming 5 so should be more then able

1 minute ago, onlos said:

Motherboard is MSI Z97 Gaming 5 so should be more then able

Oh yea but i would go with the link that I posted for the K7XX nothing can compair to those for the price they are at. One thing is with massdrop you dont get your stuff right away there is a small wait but it is worth it.

Just now, roctrebira said:

Oh yea but i would go with the link that I posted for the K7XX nothing can compair to those for the price they are at.

Yeah thanks i appreciate 

New: PCPartPicker part list

Old:Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66GHz, GIGABYTE GA-EP43T-UD3L, 4 GB Elixir PC3 ddr3-1333,  ASUS RADEON R7 260X, Thermaltake M9, 1TB HDD, GreatWall GW550SEL 550 WATT, BENQ GW2255, Hyper T4, Samson SR950 Headphones, fiio ek10.

1 hour ago, roctrebira said:

Oh yea but i would go with the link that I posted for the K7XX nothing can compair to those for the price they are at. One thing is with massdrop you dont get your stuff right away there is a small wait but it is worth it.

Yeah, pretty much the best deal at the moment in your budget imo.