AMD fanboys.

k1ng_alex
12 minutes ago, Benji_w said:

-snip-

Why would it fill my Hard Drive with corrupted data, I've had it for a year now and I've not had any problems.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

2 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

Your FX8350 isn't an i5. And your obviously doing something wrong because you should easily be running that i5 4670K that you supposedly have at 4.8GHz, and watching as your 5GHz FX8350 shows that it isn't that much faster multi threaded with the i5 at 4.8GHz, and slower single threaded than if your i5 4670K was at 3.3GHz.

Kraken-bare-die-check.thumb.jpg.ffc25b6fCLU-2nd-try.PNG.796765ea3acc16727c28807d

You're correct my 8350 isn't an i5 how observant of you Dab, however from what I'm seeing the i5 isn't impressing me, I guess it's because the placebo of the blue team isn't working on me as I'm not a brain washed tween with no idea on how a pc works.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

Just now, Citadelen said:

Why would it fill my Hard Drive with corrupted data, I've had it for a year now and I've not had any problems.

IBT AVX is a linpack stress test, it calculates pi or some shit, if it gives negative results your cpu is effectively writing complete crap to your hard drives. It might seem fine for now, but one day you'll turn it on and the OS won't boot and everything will be gone, experience taught me that.

Also you won't be getting the proper performance out of the cpu as you're effectively gimping it.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

My last computer had an AMD CPU in it. Before that, Intel. The AMD CPU worked really well, from my experience. I was able to play Skyrim @ 900p with a GTX 8600 1GB card...that I couldn't on an Intel PC that was "newer" in generation. It did stutter a lot, but at least it was playable. I don't know if I got some miracle CPU though, but it was really weird. xD

I gotta ask though...what is considered a "fanboy"? I mean you aren't an Intel fanboy if you are just acknowledging the fact that there is a huge performance difference between the two...

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

1 minute ago, Benji_w said:

IBT AVX is a linpack stress test, it calculates pi or some shit, if it gives negative results your cpu is effectively writing complete crap to your hard drives. It might seem fine for now, but one day you'll turn it on and the OS won't boot and everything will be gone, experience taught me that.

Also you won't be getting the proper performance out of the cpu as you're effectively gimping it.

I did not know that, I'll run it and see what it tells me.

9 minutes ago, Bhav said:

I feel sorry for your poor computer for having such an uncaring owner.

'My dog doesn't die if I don't feed it for a week, so I see no need to give it any food for a few days'.

After spending a massive amount of money on a computer I would say I'm caring, though I'm still ignorant in stuff like this, I've never heard or see anyone mention possible Hard Drive corruption before.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

1 minute ago, Albatross said:

My last computer had an AMD CPU in it. Before that, Intel. The AMD CPU worked really well, from my experience. I was able to play Skyrim @ 900p with a GTX 8600 1GB card...that I couldn't on an Intel PC that was "newer" in generation. It did stutter a lot, but at least it was playable. I don't know if I got some miracle CPU though, but it was really weird. xD

I gotta ask though...what is considered a "fanboy"? I mean you aren't an Intel fanboy if you are just acknowledging the fact that there is a huge performance difference between the two...

A fan boy? Dabominable is a prime example of a blind fanboy

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

3 hours ago, Benji_w said:

A fan boy? Dabominable is a prime example of a blind fanboy

I never noticed. How so?

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

1 minute ago, Citadelen said:

I did not know that, I'll run it and see what it tells me.

After spending a massive amount of money on a computer I would say I'm caring, though I'm still ignorant in stuff like this, I've never heard or see anyone mention possible Hard Drive corruption before.

If admitting you were wrong then youre not ignorant, just misinformed.

Its if after being told the above stuff and you still didn't learn then you would be ignorant.

Linus is my fetish.

1 minute ago, Albatross said:

I never noticed. How so?

Doesn't listen to anything other than his own misinformed opinion, had a bad experience with AMD so now goes through the entire forum fan boying over intel CPUs. It's unfortunate he had a bad time with them but simply overclocking the 8350 correctly would of seen a smile put on his little cheeky face.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

Running currently an AMD FX-8320E. I've had no issues with anything, even overclocking, and it seems to OC pretty well for being 3.2ghz. I've had it to 4.6ghz stable but the 970A chipset on my motherboard would run 70c easily after just 30 minutes, which is why I've upgraded to an Gigabyte 990FX Gaming mother that just released.  Just ordered, so waiting on it to arrive via Fedex :)

Tempuratures on the cpu range from between 23c and 35c at full load using the Corsair H100i GTX at 4.0ghz and plays the games i have pretty well at high or ultra settings. So no complaints here :)

My Build: 

Processor: Intel Core i5 4590 @ 3.3ghz

Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Fatal1ty Killer

Graphics: Sapphite Nitro+ OC RX 480 8GB

Memory: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz RAM (2x4gb)

Cooling: Swiftech H220-X2

Case: NZXT S340 Elite Tempered Glass

Power Supply: EVGA GS650 650W

Lighting: NZXT Hue+

Extensions: Phanteks Black/Red Extensions

4 minutes ago, Benji_w said:

Doesn't listen to anything other than his own misinformed opinion, had a bad experience with AMD so now goes through the entire forum fan boying over intel CPUs. It's unfortunate he had a bad time with them but simply overclocking the 8350 correctly would of seen a smile put on his little cheeky face.

But a 5 GHz AMD is no match for my new 4.4 Ghz 5820k.

But for the price your CPU is ... OK.

Linus is my fetish.

2 minutes ago, Bhav said:

if you're gonna be so salty put some on my pretzels plis. And btw the thread title says AMD, not Intel. so yea.

My Build: 

Just now, Bhav said:

Isn't a fair comparison, the price difference between those chips is enough to show which is better for crunching workloads, one is from 2011 and still gaming strong, the other is fresh off the press. You said it yourself, for the price and performance the 8350 is a decent deal. You can pick them up second hand with a decent motherboard (990FX Sabertooth) far cheaper than a stand alone i5...

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

30 minutes ago, Benji_w said:

Kraken-bare-die-check.thumb.jpg.ffc25b6fCLU-2nd-try.PNG.796765ea3acc16727c28807d

You're correct my 8350 isn't an i5 how observant of you Dab, however from what I'm seeing the i5 isn't impressing me, I guess it's because the placebo of the blue team isn't working on me as I'm not a brain washed tween with no idea on how a pc works.

Let me get this straight? You delided your i5 4670K, and your only running it naked at 4GHz? And not only that, your only running it at 1.3V? Your not even trying with it. And fyi, when its mounting bracket was still good, my i7 4790K was seeing temps like that at stock with my Seidon 120V.

7 minutes ago, Benji_w said:

Isn't a fair comparison, the price difference between those chips is enough to show which is better for crunching workloads, one is from 2011 and still gaming strong, the other is fresh off the press. You said it yourself, for the price and performance the 8350 is a decent deal. You can pick them up second hand with a decent motherboard (990FX Sabertooth) far cheaper than a stand alone i5...

Lmao, even here in Australia, its cheaper to by a hyperthreaded Xeon+motherboard that can spank the crap out of an FX 9590 in all tasks, than it is an FX 8350 with a motherboard that can take it to 5GHz, plus a cooler that can dissipate at least 220W.

Edit: It is a fair comparison BTW, AMD originally sold their FX9590/5GHz 8350 for $999.

7 minutes ago, KingFox said:

if you're gonna be so salty put some on my pretzels plis. And btw the thread title says AMD, not Intel. so yea.

You can be a fan of something to a point-those who are fans of the FX series really should have a look at what AMD has done around it (not in regards to advertising CMT as SMT, there are other things as well).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

6 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

YAWN

Sorry but as I'm sure you're aware, when you get your hands on something new you don't instantly fuck with it and destroy it, 4ghz was just to try out the cooling and the chip to see what is what sorry I'm not a wizard Harry, I will get to 4.8 eventually. I'm also sure you're aware that ambients take effect on cooling? It's cold here in England, the heating is on. 

You're so blind Dab it really is a treat to read your posts, you offer so much entertainment at your own expense it's amazing. Anything positive to add to this thread or are you just here to shit on AMD as per usual, sometimes we place bets on how quickly you come into AMD threads.

@Albatross I rest my case your Honour, no further witnesses needed at this time.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

Just now, Benji_w said:

Sorry but as I'm sure you're aware, when you get your hands on something new you don't instantly fuck with it and destroy it, 4ghz was just to try out the cooling and the chip to see what is what sorry I'm not a wizzard harry, I will get to 4.8 eventually. I'm also sure you're aware that ambients take effect on cooling? It's cold here in england, the heating is on. 

You're so blind Dab it really is a treat to read your posts, you offer so much entertainment at your own expense it's amazing. Anything positive to add to this thread or are you just here to shit on AMD as per usual, sometimes we place bets on how quickly you come into AMD threads.

Hey, I like their Phenom II. I like their graphics cards. I even like their APU as they actually give you an extremely good cost/performance ratio in laptops. But when it comes to their FX line of CPU, people like you think that its practical for every one to run their FX 8350 at 5GHz, and that its cheaper to do that then buy a better alternative really frustrate me. Face it, while you might think that CPU is good, there is a wide range of evidence contrary to that. Also, deliding a new CPU is kind of fucking with it, and could have destroyed it so don't you start about possibly damaging it by overclocking it to x frequency at 1.35V (the safe Haswell voltage). And so what if the heating is on? With the ambient temperature at 37oC my i7 4790K at 4.4GHz only hits 76oC with my Seidon 120V, and it hasn't been delided. 

PMSL

12 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

Let me get this straight? You delided your i5 4670K, and your only running it naked at 4GHz? And not only that, your only running it at 1.3V? Your not even trying with it. And fyi, when its mounting bracket was still good, my i7 4790K was seeing temps like that at stock with my Seidon 120V.

Lmao, even here in Australia, its cheaper to by a hyperthreaded Xeon+motherboard that can spank the crap out of an FX 9590 in all tasks, than it is an FX 8350 with a motherboard that can take it to 5GHz, plus a cooler that can dissipate at least 220W.

Edit: It is a fair comparison BTW, AMD originally sold their FX9590/5GHz 8350 for $999.

You can be a fan of something to a point-those who are fans of the FX series really should have a look at what AMD has done around it (not in regards to advertising CMT as SMT, there are other things as well).

I am FULLY aware of things that AMD has done and I'm perfectly happy with AMD. I just bought a Gigabyte GA-990FX-Gaming mother and WILL be going to the 9 series in the near future. Why not drop $300 on intel instead? because #amd

My Build: 

Just now, KingFox said:

I am FULLY aware of things that AMD has done and I'm perfectly happy with AMD. I just bought a Gigabyte GA-990FX-Gaming mother and WILL be going to the 9 series in the near future. Why not drop $300 on intel instead? because #amd

So even though your a fan of AMD your going to effectively support one of the worst decision they have made? The decision that helped get them into their current state? Look, we need to support their good decisions and products, not their bad ones. supporting their bad ones does you nor them any favours.

PMSL

Just now, Dabombinable said:

Hey, I like their Phenom II. I like their graphics cards. I even like their APU as they actually give you an extremely good cost/performance ratio in laptops. But when it comes to their FX line of CPU, people like you think that its practical for every one to run their FX 8350 at 5GHz, and that its cheaper to do that then buy a better alternative really frustrate me. Face it, while you might think that CPU is good, there is a wide range of evidence contrary to that. Also, deliding a new CPU is kind of fucking with it, and could have destroyed it so don't you start about possibly damaging it by overclocking it to x frequency at 1.35V (the safe Haswell voltage). And so what if the heating is on? With the ambient temperature at 37oC my i7 4790K at 4.4GHz only hits 76oC with my Seidon 120V, and it hasn't been delided. 

People like you think its practical to run intel in everything, its boring. This CPU wasn't new, I got it as part of a complete build for £300 Dab, again with the assumptions because your losing ground in an argument you started. I couldn't give a shit about safe voltages, I'm aiming for 5ghz. 4.4ghz at what voltage and confirmed stability with what? XTU? Don't make me laugh, Real bench? LOL Run IBT AVX and get back to me after passing 10 runs on very high. I'm sure you're reply will be somewhat different.

Damage, oh you silly silly boy people delid everyday with nothing but positive effects. Go back to wanking over intel and linus bullshit vids, leave the overclocking to people who know what they're talking about. I've given you plenty evidence to counter yours but you right it off as bullshit because you can't accept you're wrong.

Good day little boy, always a fun chat.

dead-horse.gif

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

So even though your a fan of AMD your going to effectively support one of the worst decision they have made? The decision that helped get them into their current state? Look, we need to support their good decisions and products, not their bad ones. supporting their bad ones does you nor them any favours.

Now you're just making blind assumptions and posting blatant bs lol. I support AMD because i like using their products. Im not going to stop using it because i dislike waht they do. I certainly dont stop eating meat because of what they do the animals, so im definately not gonna stop using AMD because of their problems or because you said i should lol...

if that's not where you were going with that then idk cause one comment you're against AMD now you're basically telling me to support amd but in different ways, soooo im not sure here.

My Build: 

2 minutes ago, KingFox said:

Now you're just making blind assumptions and posting blatant bs lol. I support AMD because i like using their products. Im not going to stop using it because i dislike waht they do. I certainly dont stop eating meat because of what they do the animals, so im definately not gonna stop using AMD because of their problems or because you said i should lol...

if that's not where you were going with that then idk cause one comment you're against AMD now you're basically telling me to support amd but in different ways, soooo im not sure here.

Welcome to a conversation with Dabombinable...

dead-horse.gif

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

2 minutes ago, Benji_w said:

People like you think its practical to run intel in everything, its boring. This CPU wasn't new, I got it as part of a complete build for £300 Dab, again with the assumptions because your losing ground in an argument you started. I couldn't give a shit about safe voltages, I'm aiming for 5ghz. 4.4ghz at what voltage and confirmed stability with what? XTU? Don't make me laugh, Real bench? LOL Run IBT AVX and get back to me after passing 10 runs on very high. I'm sure you're reply will be somewhat different.

Damage, oh you silly silly boy people delid everyday with nothing but positive effects. Go back to wanking over intel and linus bullshit vids, leave the overclocking to people who know what they're talking about. I've given you plenty evidence to counter yours but you right it off as bullshit because you can't accept you're wrong.

Good day little boy, always a fun chat.

dead-horse.gif

Lesson 1 for overclocking Haswell CPU. Never run stress testers that use AVX 2.0 instructions on overclocked Haswell CPU. That's what gave Prime95 its reputation for killing CPU. And you should know that no matter which method gets used to delid a CPU, your still fucking with it and risk destroying it in the process. 4.4GHz BTW at 1.26V stock with the Seidon 120V (which can just handle my Xeon X5450 at 1.45V 4.4GHz, and at 3GHz it consumes more than my 4790K when its boosting all cores), running Prime 95 disables turbo and has the voltage at 1.19. 24/7 stable BTW is a weak of non stop F@H with the graphics cards in use for folding as well.

PMSL

Lesson 1 for overclocking Haswell CPU. Never run stress testers that use AVX 2.0 instructions on overclocked Haswell CPU. That's what gave Prime95 its reputation for killing CPU. And you should know that no matter which method gets used to delid a CPU, your still fucking with it and risk destroying it in the process. 4.4GHz BTW at 1.26V stock with the Seidon 120V (which can just handle my Xeon X5450 at 1.45V 4.4GHz, and at 3GHz it consumes more than my 4790K when its boosting all cores), running Prime 95 disables turbo and has the voltage at 1.19. 24/7 stable BTW is a weak of non stop F@H with the graphics cards in use for folding as well.

Lesson 1 - Incorrect after updates

Lesson 2 - Delid tools are 100% safe

Lesson 3 - Changing your data to try an prove someone wrong like a child makes you look ignorant

Lesson 4 - Always test your cooling, setup and so on before overclocking, if it isn't stable stock, something is wrong

Go back to school kid.

dead-horse.gif

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

47 minutes ago, KingFox said:

ERM the thread is a rant about AMD fanboys, not a thread about AMD CPUs.

Linus is my fetish.

1 minute ago, Bhav said:

ERM the thread is a rant about AMD fanboys, not a thread about AMD CPUs.

Actually no it wasn't, the OP isn't a rant against AMD fanboys so yeah...

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken