Asus GTX950 with 75w TDP and no 6-PIN

17 hours ago, MEC-777 said:

It's also more power efficient. ;) 

Nope. It's not.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

nice replacement for the 750 ti

So, AMD is like "polaris is comming soon"!

And nvidia is like "here is a 950..." And also pascal is rumored to launch soon, so why add a card to the 9XX series now?

Imo they should have done this earlier, or not at all, but now seems like a little too late, especially with polaris knocking on the door and hoping pascal will be here soon.

If pascal releases this year, this card can go EOL in less than a year, awesome...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I saw this card in a PCPP build a few months ago

it looked so cool, but I couldn't find it anywhere

I guess this is why

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

Welcome to the forums!!

it seems like you posted this in the right sub forum

we have seen this before on the 750 ti.

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

Just now, FatPenguin said:

Welcome to the forums!!

Thanks, I've been watching LTT for years now, I figured it was time to join the forum...

1 minute ago, FatPenguin said:

Welcome to the forums!!

yeah, but this card is far more powerful than a 750ti.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Been considering making a mini-itx lan build. Thought about buying a 750 ti or buy my friends 760. But with this. Hmmm I'm definitely interested. I love the idea of having to plug a 6 pin power connect in. I'm just curious if it will run just as good as other GTX 950s.

My Gaming Rig (Build November 2014):

CPU: i7-4790K | CPU Cooler: H110 | Motherboard: MSI Z97s SLI Plus | RAM: Vengeance DDR3 1886 MHz 2 x 4GB |
GPU: GTX 970 G1 Gaming | SSD: 2 x 840 EVO 250GB and 2 x 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | PSU: HX750 | Case: Fractal Design XL R2 |

1 minute ago, xboxonthego3 said:

Been considering making a mini-itx lan build. Thought about buying a 750 ti or buy my friends 760. But with this. Hmmm I'm definitely interested. I love the idea of having to plug a 6 pin power connect in. I'm just curious if it will run just as good as other GTX 950s.

"Surprisingly, despite the lowered TDP, the ASUS GTX950-2G card features typical clock-rates and other specificaitons one would expect from a GeForce GTX 950."

Hopefully so? Regardless it's an interesting card

10 minutes ago, FatPenguin said:

GPUs with only ISA,  PCI,  AGP or PCIe powering them is not new.  I only have 1 GPU that requires additional power. (it is the only modern gaming card i have) 

23 minutes ago, FatPenguin said:

Welcome to the forums!!

21 minutes ago, JustAFatYeti said:

Thanks, I've been watching LTT for years now, I figured it was time to join the forum...

And you seem to have even posted news correctly - something most of our veterans still can't do half the time :P

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

And you seem to have even posted news correctly - something most of our veterans still can't do half the time :P

Thanks, I know most of the LTT community are great, but you all know your stuff, whilst there's me, a guy who just follows tech but has no real experience in it. It was a little daunting.

I saw this article earlier, I don't ever post news, but I thought this was really interesting. I would like to see more PCI-E ONLY powered cards soon! Perhaps a 960?

Just now, Ronnie76 said:

I saw this article earlier, I don't ever post news, but I thought this was really interesting. I would like to see more PCI-E ONLY powered cards soon! Perhaps a 960?

Well they'd have to get a lot more efficient.  We might see a lot more of these with polaris and pascal on the way, but I think the enthusiast cards will simply be cranked up to the same old TDP we have now - just you'll get way more performance for it.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

3 minutes ago, JustAFatYeti said:

Thanks, I know most of the LTT community are great, but you all know your stuff, whilst there's me, a guy who just follows tech but has no real experience in it. It was a little daunting.

yeah, I think that you will enjoy yourself here on the forums people are always so nice and helpful :D

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Well they'd have to get a lot more efficient.  We might see a lot more of these with polaris and pascal on the way, but I think the enthusiast cards will simply be cranked up to the same old TDP we have now - just you'll get way more performance for it.

I bet in 10 years a titan x will be as efficient as a 950 right now.

5 minutes ago, FatPenguin said:

the titan XYZ v5

Just now, FatPenguin said:

well performance per watt will keep going up for the foreseeable future, but I think nvidia and amd will just use the extra headroom from improvements in this space to give us more performance at the same wattage level each time.  Unless they get in a war again and even start increasing the wattage requirements.  Regardless I doubt we'll see an enthusiast level card running without extra pcie power connectors any time soon.

Just now, tobben said:

Welcome to the forum @JustAFatYeti. I have merged your thread

with the pre-existing one.

Well I just noticed that 0.0

13 minutes ago, tobben said:

Welcome to the forum @JustAFatYeti. I have merged your thread

with the pre-existing one.

Thank you! :)

Will make cabling small form factor PC's easy. M.2 storage, no PCIe power cables. Only EPS 8 + 24 ATX connectors.

FYI, this one will do SLI 2x, ulike the 750ti.

But i still say single-slot or GTFO.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.