Really strange connection issue, do I blame my ISP?

Dm1239

For a while now, i've been having this really weird & annoying network connection issue. If something is using a lot of internet over a short time, it disconnects ALL other applications from the internet for a little bit, while the 'something' application is perfectly fine. This is hard to explain, so here's an example:

I have a game open, and on my second monitor I open my browser & load a page, or do something fairly internet-heavy. My game gets completely disconnected from the network for a couple seconds, even after the page has loaded. During this time, I can still do stuff on my browser perfectly fine, and other devices are not affected by this, and do not have this issue.

I have no idea why this happens. It is only my PC that has this issue, all other devices are perfectly fine. Also it's worth noting that i'm using wifi, though the other devices do too, so idk if that would be the issue?

This issue was still present after fully resetting my pc

i'm open to try anything

If it’s just your PC, why would you blame your isp? It’s your pc. What’s your pc’s wifi running through? 

2 minutes ago, seanondemand said:

If it’s just your PC, why would you blame your isp? It’s your pc. What’s your pc’s wifi running through? 

Intel Wi-fi 6 AX201 160MHz

& the problem only started happening a week or two after i changed ISPs, could just be coincidence though

As a test, try running an ethernet cable from your pc to your router and run through the game and webpage scenario again.

1 minute ago, Dm1239 said:

the problem only started happening a week or two after i changed ISPs, could just be coincidence though

Did they provide you with any hardware? If you're using their router/modem combo that could be why. I've never had good luck with those things. I would buy your own decent router and just use the modem part they gave you.

PC too slow?
No specs we wont know. 😉

Also gaming on wifi is a no no. It can be done, but on cable its sooooo much better!

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

35 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

PC too slow?
No specs we wont know. 😉

Also gaming on wifi is a no no. It can be done, but on cable its sooooo much better!

PC specs:
RTX 2060

Intel i7-10700

2666MHz RAM

PC is upstairs so ethernet isn't an option currently

This to me soudn like one application hogs all the bandwith suddenly and that makes other apps to get disconnect for a while.

You couls try updating the ethernet drivers, check if there are backrouns processes using it, scan for malware just in case.

If you use wirteless use 5ghz

Update router firmware and look for QoS and prioritize gaming.

Contact ISP

I Use my knowledge as business owner and self taught technician aswell as an AI to help people. AI might be controversial but it actually works pretty well 90% of the time.